Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I usually hit open layups letsdothis's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

If LeBron joins the bosh/wade on the Heats, I think another good player (NOT on the level of a boozer or Lee, but more on the Mike Miller level), will come to the Lakers. If Lebron goes to Miami, it is a virtual lock that Lakers and Heat will meet in the finals for one of the most epic showdowns in NBA history (out of the roof ratings). Someone (a player who has been in the league for a little while) will be willing to take less money to be a part of this historic clash of NBA titans.

How is it any different than threatening to leave one's own team unless a move is made? Or forcing one's way to a specific team in a draft? Oh right, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by game385
    Nope. As a matter of fact I think the Lakers would beat this team in the finals this year, but after that who knows. My "gripe" if you will, with this scenario is merely that it forever damages LeBron James' legacy. It calls to question his competitive nature, his will, desire, and confidence in his own ability to lead a team to championship(s).

What if LeBron wins the NBA Finals MVP? I would love to see LeBron sign with the Knicks, Nets, Cavs or Bulls, but it looks like Wade and Bosh already convinced him to sign with the Miami Heat.

LeBron can still change his mind.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 07-07-2010 at 11:18 AM.

I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    What if LeBron wins the NBA Finals MVP? I would love to see LeBron sign with the Knicks, Nets, Cavs or Bulls, but it looks like Wade and Bosh already convinced him to sign with the Miami Heat.
    It won't matter. He could win the Finals MVP and 8 championships, but if he does so in Miami he would never be considered as great as MJ, Magic, Bird, or Kobe. The common thread here is that they were all leaders. They all had help and or great partners but at some point they were each the undisputed "man" on their teams. It was "their team" w/o question.

Wade's legacy would be in tact because he already won. He willed his team to a title before. A feat LeBron has never accomplished and will never be able to accomplish in Miami. He would always have that cloud over his career no matter how much he wins.
    Last edited by game385; 07-07-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Banned

If they failed to make the NBA finals even once in their primes with this line-up, LeBron's legacy would be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by game385
    It won't matter. He could win the Finals MVP and 8 championships, but if he does so in Miami he would never be considered as great as MJ, Magic, Bird, or Kobe.

Wade's legacy would be in tact because he already won but LeBron would always have a cloud over his career no matter how much he wins.

Do you want to see LeBron sign with the Chicago Bulls or New York Knicks? I think Bron can lead both of these teams into the NBA Finals.

It won't matter. He could win the Finals MVP and 8 championships, but if he does so in Miami he would never be considered as great as MJ, Magic, Bird, or Kobe.

Wade's legacy would be in tact because he already won but LeBron would always have a cloud over his career no matter how much he wins.

Banned

hold on for just a minute, no one is taking less moneyif lebron were to join miami they would do a sign an trade with cleaveland to play lebron and his ego max dollars

Learning to shoot layups EDART King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    yeah it was Ok to do it back then but not anymore. right? Or maybe is it just because they were playing for L.A.? GTFO

Anyway, LeBron is staying in Cleveland

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

You guys are being way too dramatic. One thing that has been proven time and time again in the NBA, winning conquers all. If LeBron goes to Miami and the Heat win five titles, his legacy is greater than if he stays in Cleveland and never wins anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    You guys are being way too dramatic. One thing that has been proven time and time again in the NBA, winning conquers all. If LeBron goes to Miami and the Heat win five titles, his legacy is greater than if he stays in Cleveland and never wins anything.

Rings = Most Important thing on ISH. Just ask the Kobe fanatics.

F*ck the Regular Season MVP.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Rings = Most Important thing on ISH. Just ask the Kobe fanatics.

F*ck the Regular Season MVP.
    Well, would teaming up with Wade and Bosh really give LeBron more help than Magic or Larry had? Kareem had won championships before Magic got there and no one cares about that in terms of Magic's legacy. People will remember the winning and the great team more than anything. Hypothetically anyway.

I don't want Lebron to sign with the Heat. As the HEat's salary stands right now, they can't even give a max contract to Lebron.

Putting Lebron in there would just cripple their salary that they can't even get any useful players in there to make a full roster. The best thing for the heat is to use the remaining capspace for useful role players and a legit bench.

Having a superteam with Lebron, Wade, Bosh, will just be too much. The league salary structure is not setup to accomodate 3 max players. They will just end up shooting themselves in the foot for it.

When people argue the merits of Kobe as an all time great, they ALWAYS bring up he didn't win without Shaq, and even now, they bring up the fact he has a great supporting cast, but he gets credit because he was the leader, those people joined HIS team.

Lebron is joining Wade's team, he could not win before him, only with him (assuming he wins). The people who keep saying this will not affect Lebron's legacy are not being realistic. It's ALREADY being discuss and it has yet to happen.

And people need to stop with this MAGIC HAD KAREEM, Magic didn't lose and then decide to go play with his rival Bird, and only win with him. That would be a comparison.

Lebron is choosnig to be Pippen instead of Jordan. For the league's marguee
    player, that's just sad.

Note: Heat fans don't come and argue. You don't need to apoligize, be happy, dance around, enjoy. It's like being a yankee fan arguing how fair it is that you get every player. It's not, but that's NOT your issue. The team that gets the benefit should be happy. The rest of us can discuss.
    Last edited by niko; 07-07-2010 at 11:35 AM.

I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

Do you want to see LeBron sign with the Chicago Bulls or New York Knicks? I think Bron can lead both of these teams into the NBA Finals.
    I want to see him with the Bulls, but I can much easier get over him staying in Cleveland than going anywhere else. If he goes to NJ or NY, I don't think his legacy takes the immediate hit that it would by joining Bosh, and Wade in Miami. If he goes there, a lot of people would be excited but I think many more would question his competitive nature and accuse him of choosing the path of least resistance towards winning a ring. That's big when you're talking about being placed among the all-time greats.