Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

Default LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Did Magic go play with Bird? Did Barkley or Malone try to play with Michael? Hell, did Michael try to go play with Magic prior to 91? Or maybe a better question is, had the opportunity ever presented itself during the prime of their playing careers, would they? I sincerely believe that the answer to that question is not just no, but "Hell No!" Even Kobe wanted to prove himself as a leader & champion beyond Shaq's shadow.

Of course we won't know his plans until tomorrow night, but today for the sake of argument going to Miami would be the biggest hit to LeBron's brand and his all-time legacy.

Regardless of how many championships they win, LeBron in Miami (w/ Wade & Bosh) never garners the same level of respect or admiration as Kobe let alone MJ.

Wade should be his rival (even if they're friends off the court). Fleeing to Miami to go play with a player so close in talent is an unjustifiable b*tch move. It screams not only can I not get it done alone (b/c no-one ever really does) but I can't get it done being the man at all.
    Last edited by game385; 07-07-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by game385
    Did Magic go play with Bird? Did Barkley or Malone try to play with Michael? Hell, did Michael try to go play with Magic prior to 91? Or maybe a better question is, had the opportunity ever presented itself during the prime of their playing careers, would they? I sincerely believe that the answer to that questions is not just no, but "Hell No!" Even Kobe wanted to prove himself as a leader & champion beyond Shaq's shadow.

Of course we won't know his plans until tomorrow night, but today for the sake of argument going to Miami would be the biggest hit to LeBron's brand and his all-time legacy.

Regardless of how many championships they win, LeBron in Miami (w/ Wade & Bosh) never garners the same level of respect or admiration as Kobe let alone MJ.

Wade should be his rival (even if they're friends off the court). Fleeing to Miami to go play with a player so close in talent is an unjustifiable b*tch move. It screams not only can I not get it done alone (b/c no-one ever really does) but I can't get it done being the man at all.
    yep. think everyone is thinking same thing, including heat fans, as a bulls fan, even i dont want to see us sign bron and boozer...

College star

It is a ***** move, but it's not all his fault, no one has had the balls to put their foot down on his throat and say "no".

And there's about 4 coaches that can do that.

1 is in LA
    1 is in SA
    1 is done
    and the last in is Miami

So guess where LeBron is going...

Say goodbye to your legacy LeBron

I hate this phrase, it's overused and washed up. Still...

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan82
    It is a ***** move, but it's not all his fault, no one has had the balls to put their foot down on his throat and say "no".

And there's about 4 coaches that can do that.

1 is in LA
    1 is in SA
    1 is done
    and the last in is Miami

So guess where LeBron is going...

Say goodbye to your legacy LeBron

Wilt Chamberlain played with Jerry West and Elgin Baylor. As much as I want to see LeBron kick Kobe's @$$ in the 2011 NBA Finals, and send him into retirement. I don't want to see LeBron sign with the Miami Heat.

A Wade vs LeBron playoffs series = ratings. The League needs a new rivalry in the Eastern Conference.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 07-07-2010 at 10:40 AM.

The net owner said it real well. It's good for Lebron in terms of titles, but it would weaken the brand "Lebron". i agree 100%. Basically, Lebron couldn't win unless he went to the superteam. If he does that, I would lose a lot of respect for him. It's basically him thinking "what is the easiest course for me to win a title". Not which team would be best for him to lead to a title.

Kobe would shoot up in stature 1000%. And if Kobe's Lakers beat that team in a finals, the Kobe/Lebron debate would be over. Forever.

No hate, Heat fan don't need to think like this of course - they should just enjoy it. That's not the point.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Wilt Chamberlain played with Jerry West and Elgin Baylor.
    you can't use that example.. different era, different teams, different everything.

Quote Originally Posted by artificial
    I hate this phrase, it's overused and washed up. Still...

No. Not at all, but it had to be said.

Basically, the Heat "Superteam" would be expected to win a title every year. If not, its a tremendous fail. Can you imagine Kobe beating the Heat in the Finals? Kobe's legacy would shoot thru the roof. Even I would be rooting for Kobe, and I don't even like him.

However, I can see this 2003 class doing that. They need self congratulations more than the old school guys. Bird, Magic, Jordan would LAUGH at the notion to pair up all together. Not these guys....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Basically, the Heat "Superteam" would be expected to win a title every year. If not, its a tremendous fail. Can you imagine Kobe beating the Heat in the Finals? Kobe's legacy would shoot thru the roof.

However, I can see this 2003 class doing that. They need self congratulations more than the old school guys. Bird, Magic, Jordan would LAUGH at the notion to pair up all together. Not these guys....
    kobe beating the heat? what about the lakers?

but yeah, if that team is assembled, they better deliver or it will be an epic failure of huge proportions.

Yeah, and honestly if it happened. I don't think that they do beat the Lakers next year.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    you can't use that example.. different era, different teams, different everything.

yeah it was Ok to do it back then but not anymore. right? Or maybe is it just because they were playing for L.A.? GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by game385
    Yeah, and honestly if it happened. I don't think that they do beat the Lakers next year.

How old is Kobe Bryant next season? Wade, LeBron, and Bosh needs to stop playing basketball if they couldn't beat a 33 yrs.old NBA Player.

I still don't think LeBron would sign with the Miami Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Basically, the Heat "Superteam" would be expected to win a title every year. If not, its a tremendous fail. Can you imagine Kobe beating the Heat in the Finals? Kobe's legacy would shoot thru the roof. Even I would be rooting for Kobe, and I don't even like him.

Point 1 : they pair up means they spilt their career averages. they all cant average 28ppg.

Bosh with either is a good pair...both with bosh? bad idea.

And yes...if they get to the finals and loose to the lakers its over...If the lakers lost it would not be as bad as them losing. Also i still believe the lakers can beat them...

Pau Gasol, ron Artest, Lamar, Steve Blake, kobe, Bynum, fisher...lol champions

vs 3 superstars and a team of scrubs...is bosh going to out rebound the laker bigs?

Is lebron and wade going to take turns in possesion getting to the rim?

BRING IT