Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Time to trade Dirk?

No way. It's Cubans (who i love) fault for the players he puts around his star. Dirk's shown hes capable of bring them to the finals.

Banned

I've wanted Dirk for a long time on the Cavs. He'd be a great guy that could come in and would thrive as a number two option because he just doesn't seem like a born leader. What would Dallas want in return? Would a Wally Szerbiak plus Anderson varejao and a first work for Dirk? Those are both expirings and coupled with Kidd coming off you guys could be under the salary cap which would be nice considering you aren't going to win any way.

That is not a shot at you guys it is the truth. The West is stacked, the East is better this year and your team is getting old.
    Last edited by Mdog1; 11-06-2008 at 01:42 AM.

College star

Talking Re: Time to trade Dirk?

Szerbiak, Varejao, and a first round pick for Dirk? Not quite.

National High School Star

Dallas gets ripped-off.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease ThyGreatOne's Avatar

i think its "past" the time Dallas needed to trade Dirk. the dude is a glorified role player, he is not a superstar, and he cant carry a team, he is just to soft. once i seen the 8th seed Warriors beat the 1st seed MAVS i was off that DIRK = MVP bandwagon, Dirk didnt even deserve MVP the real MVP of the team at that time was Josh Howard... i think Cuban needs to take a long look at Dirk and what offers he can get by putting that cat on the block!

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

You will not get equal value for him at this point. The MVP was for the regular season and Dirk was the MVP. Josh had a good playoffs, after the balloting was over. And how did the roles reverse last year in the playoffs? Besides I find it hard to believe a Suns fan was ever on the Dirk bandwagon. He should have had it over Nash the year before anyway. sunsnash= 0 finals

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    Szerbiak, Varejao, and a first round pick for Dirk? Not quite.
    Well you might be able to get young talent, but from where? No rebuilding team is going to trade a young talent for Dirk who is aging. Szerb at least gives you a chance to go after Boozer next year or any other big names that could be out there. AV is undoubtebly a good player (not great and not better than Dirk) who would bring good D and is improving his O. That first round pick is going to be late possibly in the 20's.

What do you guys think would work for Dirk realistically that works for both teams?

That's just it, the Cavs don't really have anything to offer. Where would AV fit? You already have Damp and Diop doing about the same thing. And he's nowhere near starting pf material. Even if you bring him off the bench, I'm not sure Bass is starting pf material either.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease ThyGreatOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Mav
    You will not get equal value for him at this point. The MVP was for the regular season and Dirk was the MVP. Josh had a good playoffs, after the balloting was over. And how did the roles reverse last year in the playoffs? Besides I find it hard to believe a Suns fan was ever on the Dirk bandwagon. He should have had it over Nash the year before anyway. sunsnash= 0 finals
    you are correct i do feel NASH should have been the MVP that year but it is what it is, you know? once Dirk won it i (being a basketball fan) tried to be unbiased and give Dirk the benefit of the doubt, but i wasnt impressed! he has to be the WORST MVP that i have ever seen... Dirk is a GREAT roleplayer, but an MVP? c'mon that is a reach! see i am a Suns fan but i got no problem admitting someone on another team is good, and i watch as many NBA games as i can, i am not just bias to watch Suns games, i keep up on all the teams as i am a basketball fan...

i do like your point, Dirk was a regular season MVP and Howard was the playoffs MVP... i think at times us fans get the regular season mixed up with the playoffs ad if a guy has a bad playoffs we are all HE WAS THE MVP? nice point man!
    Last edited by ThyGreatOne; 11-07-2008 at 10:33 PM.

The timing of giving out the MVP after the playoffs have started have a good deal to do with that. They should just hand out the awards as soon as the season is over before the playoffs start. Is there really any good reason to drag it out like they do?

And of course you are entitled to your opinion. But while Dirk may not be able to carry his team to a championship, he has taken them to the finals and has had more good playoffs than bad. I would hardly call him a role player. For both of his MVP's ( and many have called him winning 2 a sham ) Nash has yet to lead his team to a championship as well. Does that make him a roleplayer?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Mav
    That's just it, the Cavs don't really have anything to offer. Where would AV fit? You already have Damp and Diop doing about the same thing. And he's nowhere near starting pf material. Even if you bring him off the bench, I'm not sure Bass is starting pf material either.
    Heonestly you are right we don't have young talent to give, we only have those expirings which will become valuable at the deadline when teams are struggling. Besides having Z Ben and Dirk in Cleveland would be way to much money for 3 bigs. AV played great tonight, alas he won't play this way the entire year.

   

just caught dirk tonight vs. the nuggets and he's still sensational even when he has a quiet game. whoever thinks he's slipping should have their head examined.

the dude's ability to put up a high quality shot while spinning, falling, fading or moving is unbelievable and will go down in NBA history. and he still has an amazingly fast move to the hoop for such a big, tall white guy.

dirk, kidd and green are about the only positives i see for this team right now. pretty-much everyone else seems to be either aging quickly (stack, terry a bit), near useless (diop, damp, wright) or is very disappointing considering they should be peaking (howard, bass).

College star

Your basing that off ONE game... because Terry is just as effective as any of them. Also Green just had a pretty good game today.

   

yea, you got me there. but surely you don't think dirk is the problem, do you?

College star

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    yea, you got me there. but surely you don't think dirk is the problem, do you?
    Not really. Some of the dumb decisions he makes in the clutch cost us games, but I dont think he's the problem.