Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Basketball Players And Coaches About Vassilis Spanoulis Versus What ISH Trolls Say

he averages 10 points per game in a 30 game season

Good college starter

Default Re: Basketball Players And Coaches About Vassilis Spanoulis Versus What ISH Trolls Say

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    You forgot the Jeff Van Gundy quote:

VSpan: Give me minutes, I'm the Tmac of Europe.

JVG: we have the real Tmac here. Sit your ass down, you turnover machine.

Local High School Star

He's an ugly fk ay

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Just no. I'm not saying he isn't a skilled basketball player, but skill means nothing at the epitome of athleticism when you have none...he's great in the euroleague because the athletes are a similar to what he has to offer in this regard. He came to the NBA and saw that his skill wasn't enough to compete because the players at this elite NBA level are just too much for him athletically. He could have joined a shit team that allowed him to do whatever he wanted and he would still have been a joke in the NBA.
    Plenty of guys get by in the NBA with less athleticism
    Plus, he's a big point. He's like Deron Williams size, and he's wasn't any less athletic. Jose Calderon is a starter in this league....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Plenty of guys get by in the NBA with less athleticism
    Plus, he's a big point. He's like Deron Williams size, and he's wasn't any less athletic. Jose Calderon is a starter in this league....
    ...and in 10 seasons these teams he started for have a total of 2 winning seasons. Next...?

What is the point of your thread OP? The guy was a great player in the Euroleague. The same league were a below average NBA player in Anthony Parker won two Euroleague MVPs. The NBA is the highest level. No way does he have the same impact in the NBA. Are you going to dispute this?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    ...and in 10 seasons these teams he started for have a total of 2 winning seasons. Next...?
    Ok? He was still a good player, and he's not as good as Vspan

Players in the NBA aren't necessarily the most skilled. They are there because they are a certain height and possess a certain level of athleticism. Skills alone doesn't get you to the NBA. The most skilled player to ever live would get destroyed in the NBA if he's 5'6" and not very athletic. He could do everything perfectly yet the disparity in height, length and athleticism would just overwhelm whatever this guy does.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Players in the NBA aren't necessarily the most skilled. They are there because they are a certain height and possess a certain level of athleticism. Skills alone doesn't get you to the NBA. The most skilled player to ever live would get destroyed in the NBA if he's 5'6" and not very athletic. He could do everything perfectly yet the disparity in height, length and athleticism would just overwhelm whatever this guy does.
    Yes, but this guy was a 6'4" 210 point guard with quick feet.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Yes, but this guy was a 6'4" 210 point guard with quick feet.
    The guy can obviously play. Euroleague is a high level of basketball. I'm just saying he won't have nearly the same impact in the NBA as he did in the Euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    The guy can obviously play. Euroleague is a high level of basketball. I'm just saying he won't have nearly the same impact in the NBA as he did in the Euroleague.
    Obviously. He was the best player some seasons in the Euroleague. He might not have ever been an NBA all-star, but he definitely could play.

Should be in the International forum. All anyone's going to do is reference his failed stint in the NBA and they'd be right to do so since this is an NBA forum.

PS - EL, you are far and away the cat's ass when it comes to trolling. The rage you bring out in people and the absurd, over-the-top way in which you express your own rage is award-worthy.

Decent playground baller Coach Eddie's Avatar

OP, it all comes down to Spanoulis not doing shit in the best league in the world. Until he does something worthwhile there, nobody will care.

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Default Re: Basketball Players And Coaches About Vassilis Spanoulis, Versus What ISH Trolls Say

[QUOTE=Euroleague]
    Alessandro Gentile

Decent playground baller Coach Eddie's Avatar

Euroleague is essentially the international version of the d-league. Some make it to the NBA, some don't. The only real difference is it pays more so the betas can run back to it if they suck in the NBA.