Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default The Paul George Hate Is Strong In This One...

Ok ish...let it out...I've been reading it in posts since the playoffs started, Paul George is overrated, he's garbage, he'll never be this, he'll never be that. Amazing how a 23 year old player who's made the strides he has in 2 years, who plays both ends of the floor, plays hard, is a good teammate, is humble and doesn't talk trash, can be hated by so many. So spill the beans, do you not like his game, you're mad your team didnt draft him? Or is this a case of "hate on any young player who starts to get recognized nationally as a good player" syndrome. This time next year, Kawhi Leonard will be the next victim with the way he's improving. New members with join dates of June 2013, take notes.

And for the record, no I do not think he is a superstar. There are only 2 in the league, Lebron and Durant. No, I do not think he is currently a top 10 player, maybe top 15-20. Next year may be different, we'll see. And no, I am not convinced he will become a superstar.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: The Paul George Hate Is Strong In This One...

I am a Paul George fan. I too have noticed the amount of people who have a negative view of Paul. I don't know why they feel that way. Like you said he has grown a lot in just 2 years and I think he could be at least a top ten player In the next couple years.

Their are very few players that I would trade him for.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

There is very little Paul George hate my man. People who don't like him probably don't like that he struggles to create space for his shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    There is very little Paul George hate my man. People who don't like him probably don't like that he struggles to create space for his shot.
    It doesn't seem that way to me. I've been reading it here and there in many posts and some people have even made entire threads about him being overrated.
    He does struggle to create space for his shots, he needs to work on his ball handling. His pullup jumper from the left side is money, not so much from other areas. What prompted me to make this thread as that somebody honestly just said they thought he was garbage in that "what have we learned from the 2013 playoffs" thread. But thats not the first time I've seen a comment like that.

Where is this Paul George hate? I've only seen love...

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    I probably notice it more since I'm a Pacer fan..trust me, he has been getting hated on by more than a few people on this forum at least since after the all-star break..and mostly in the playoffs. If you weren't participating in the game threads and such, you may have missed some. Admittedly a lot of it was in game threads, but it was different people, not just one troll hating on him. Maybe they don't feel he deserved to be an all-star. I won't argue with them on that. His numbers weren't other worldly but I assume he was rewarded for his defense also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    I probably notice it more since I'm a Pacer fan..trust me, he has been getting hated on by more than a few people on this forum at least since after the all-star break..Maybe they don't feel he deserved to be an all-star. I won't argue with them on that. His numbers weren't other worldly but I assume he was rewarded for his defense also.
    I didn't think he had a great year but I think he made major strides in the post season that should carry over to next season & he seems like a very marketable player for the league because he seems very likable. I think he has a huge future awaiting.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

It doesn't seem that way to me. I've been reading it here and there in many posts and some people have even made entire threads about him being overrated.
    He does struggle to create space for his shots, he needs to work on his ball handling. His pullup jumper from the left side is money, not so much from other areas. What prompted me to make this thread as that somebody honestly just said they thought he was garbage in that "what have we learned from the 2013 playoffs" thread. But thats not the first time I've seen a comment like that.
    That person was an idiot. Paul George got stuck in a touch matchup with Lebron in the post - he could have done a better job there - but other than that there was alot to be pleasantly suprised about.

He can shoot it well and he can get to the rim - everything in between is lacking but that's the most difficult part and he will learn.

Ok ish...let it out...I've been reading it in posts since the playoffs started, Paul George is overrated, he's garbage, he'll never be this, he'll never be that. Amazing how a 23 year old player who's made the strides he has in 2 years, who plays both ends of the floor, plays hard, is a good teammate, is humble and doesn't talk trash, can be hated by so many. So spill the beans, do you not like his game, you're mad your team didnt draft him? Or is this a case of "hate on any young player who starts to get recognized nationally as a good player" syndrome. This time next year, Kawhi Leonard will be the next victim with the way he's improving. New members with join dates of June 2013, take notes.

And for the record, no I do not think he is a superstar. There are only 2 in the league, Lebron and Durant. No, I do not think he is currently a top 10 player, maybe top 15-20. Next year may be different, we'll see. And no, I am not convinced he will become a superstar.
    The hate feels strong to you because you've been a fan of him since he was a rookie I imagine. I agree with you though. I'm a Pacer fan and yeah people on here say he's overrated because everybody's just now noticing him. Some idiots have crowned him as already being an elite superstar, but he's really not yet. He's still showing the potential that we saw last season and his rookie season.

Gimme Worthy over LBJ. Nebraskanball's Avatar

I don't think I've ever seen anyone have hate for him on this board. Seems to me like you're just looking for something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraskanball
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone have hate for him on this board. Seems to me like you're just looking for something to complain about.
    Well, thats your opinion but does it look like I have a million posts on this board? So obviously, I have better things to do then to look for fights on an internet message board. I don't have time to go back through 50 pages of posts but if I did, I would. And its easy to miss posts on this board. I'm pretty sure you haven't noticed, because you're not looking for Pacers posts. I'm a Pacer fan, so I've noticed every single time I've seen somebody take a shot at him in a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    The hate feels strong to you because you've been a fan of him since he was a rookie I imagine. I agree with you though. I'm a Pacer fan and yeah people on here say he's overrated because everybody's just now noticing him. Some idiots have crowned him as already being an elite superstar, but he's really not yet. He's still showing the potential that we saw last season and his rookie season.
    I honestly haven't though, I was and still am super critical as I think I have proven all year. Many times I've said he turns it over too much, doesn't take it strong to the hoop enough, and he needs to improve his ball handling and passing..I've been critical of him all year. I did not become a fan of his until probably later in the year. I still wanted Danny Granger to come back and start at SF.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    this

does op have any links to threads of people hating on george.

fwiw i think he was getting a little overrated, i feel like i heard 'paul george is blossoming into a superstar' a dozen times during that heat series, and i think that is very premature. does this make me a 'hater'?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraskanball
    Oh, and there's like 3 other people in this very thread saying they have seen people calling him overrated, etc. so its not just me. All I did was ask why. I didn't come on here and just throw shots and start randomly complaining about anything. I even gave reasons as to why they may be justified. I'm just asking why.

If your taking your hate sources from a game thread of all places, then there-in lies your mistake.