Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    What doesn't make sense about that is who is going to train Robin? His background is being a cop. Would be one thing if Bruce Wayne trained him, but I don't think I could buy this average cop all of a sudden being able to kick everyone's ass at the same time all the time.

I don't think these trilogies should really be compared. The Dark Knight were all largely independent each other with only a few storylines carrying over from one movie to the next. Star Wars and LOTR are like 9 hour movies broken into 3.
    Bruce would train him for sure. Robin starts killing bad guys, Batman comes back, and they become Batman and Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    If you continue with Nolan's version, you have to leave Bruce Wayne out of it.

TDKR was a very happy ending. You canot pull someone back in with that kind of ending.
    Still haven't seen TDKR yet so I can't comment on that.

Banned

godfather trilogy > all trilogy

havent seen the 3rd

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Still haven't seen TDKR yet so I can't comment on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by KDTrey5
    havent seen the 3rd
    Sorry guys.

Get back to me once you see it. Just don't go in with Dark Knight expectations, judge it for a film in itself. Amazing work, intense fight scenes.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore matt1016's Avatar

I reviewed the film with a cartoon that I drew in the other thread. I won't be obnoxious and repost - go here to see it:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...238931&page=63

Wayne can definitely come back, you think Catwoman is gonna play housewife the rest of her life and Batman didn't save the city to leave it up for grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    Pfft, movie was amazing. It was wrapped up a little too quickly, but hey, it was already like 2h20m long.
    I thought it was wrapped up just fine. It was 2h45m, anything more would have made the movie drag out way longer than necessary. I thought it was the rare great movies that did things perfectly.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

The film had something like 20-30 minutes of footage edited out.

Hopefully, the extended cut is released. TDKR did feel slightly disjointed so maybe the extra footage would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshumitsu

Hopefully, the extended cut is released. TDKR did feel slightly disjointed so maybe the extra footage would help.
    I'm eager to see the footage of young Bane, and the mask he used then.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I read an interview with Nolan and it sounds like he has no plans to release an extended version of the movie. In the same interview, he made it sound like there wasn't that much deleted scenes. He stated that most of the editing came in the writing room before the scenes were even shot.

National High School Star

The film needed to add another 15-20 minutes tbh. They need to connect the part regarding the bane and the mobster and bane and catwoman.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I'm eager to see the footage of young Bane, and the mask he used then.
    The more I read about some of the deleted scenes and behind the scenes stuff, the more it seems like Nolan edited the original story to squeeze Cotillard in last minute. She was pregnant for most of the production cycle and Nolan waited for her to give birth and then filmed her segments at the end. Movie would've been better without her character IMO, completely unnecessary and detracted from Bane. Would've been great to see this:

Bane Deleted Scene Details Surface

The Dark Knight Rises deleted scene explains Bane's backstory. Costume designer Lindy Hemming reveals what we missed.

Clocking in at a whopping 164 minutes, The Dark Knight Rises is already a mammoth example of storytelling, but even despite its epic running time, there were a still a few key sequences that ended up on the cutting room floor.

Costume designer Lindy Hemming has been talking about one of those scenes, in which Bane's backstory was fleshed out a little, including details surrounding just how Bane came to require that mask.

[COLOR="Red"]"The thing that you should have seen during that sequence is [Bane] being injured in his youth," says Hemming. "So one of the fundamental things about his costume is that he has this scar from the back injury. Even if he hasn’t got the bulletproof vest on, he still has to wear the waist belt and the braces."

"In that [deleted] scene in the prison, where he’s learning to fight the same way Batman learned to fight, he’s wearing an early version of his waist belt. There’s a whole early section for Tom Hardy where he’s fighting and being taunted by people. He’s got chains on him, and he’s standing on a wooden thing while people are attacking him. And in that scene, he’s wearing a much more ragged, primitive version of the mask."[/COLOR]

And there we were thinking we couldn't wring any more excitement out of The Dark Knight Rises. Hopefully, said scene will be included on the DVD package, giving us even more of an insight into what put Bane on the road to becoming "Gotham's reckoning".

http://www.mania.com/bane-deleted-sc...le_133824.html

But we needed that M. Night 'twist' instead though

I really loved Batman Begins and from the countless reviews I've read Batamn Begins is BY FAR the runt of the little... but I just don't see how. Not "by far" anyhow. That movie was wank material.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    I really loved Batman Begins and from the countless reviews I've read Batamn Begins is BY FAR the runt of the little... but I just don't see how. Not "by far" anyhow. That movie was wank material.
    For me it goes:

TDK

Rises
    Begins

But I can easily see why anyone would rank Begins over Rises. It was definitely a much tighter film and they both had the same basic storyline.