Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    lol.. good attempt, at least you aren't copy-pasting or just saying "this" to other people's posts. But how does it answer my argument?

I said Lebron can have a bad game, bad quarter here and there, and it would go unnoticed. Heat would eventually still win, because they have Wade and Bosh to step up, and this year other role players too.

Hakeem doesn't haven't that luxury. Every single playoff game, he had to play it like Boston Game 6 for Lebron. Now do you see what I'm talking about? If he had an off game, they were losing. Who else could they depend on?

That's why Hakeem's 1 ring will trump 2 or 3 of Lebron's. His ranking is still higher in my book.

Both Wade and Bosh weren't 100% healthy in the 2012 NBA Playoffs. Bosh missed a lot of games in the post season. LeBron was Miami's best player in the first round up to the NBA Finals.

How many times Hakeem's team were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs?

I think it is silly to arbitrarily assign ring values such as "kobes first three rings only count as one, therefore he has 3" or "leref 0.5 rings "

To claim something such as lebrons 3 rings = 1 hakeem ring is just straight up silly. If thats the case, then how many hakeem-rings does kobe have? How many does Jordan have?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994-95...Rockets_season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2...mi_Heat_season

If you would click the two links and scroll down, you will see that, for the duration of the playoffs, Lebron's performance relative to his teammates is very similar to hakeens performance. Lets not act like It was Hakeem + scrubs. I wonder if in many years from now, people will view bosh+wade in the same vain as Hakeem's teammates?

I think I can agree that Hakeem had slightly more impact than lebron, but not a 1:3 ratio , maybe something like 110% or 120% of lebrons.

Back to back FMVPs, along with 4 MVPs in 5 years secures Lebron in the top 10
    Last edited by UnbiasedGuy; 04-16-2013 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Both Wade and Bosh weren't 100% healthy in the 2012 NBA Playoffs. Bosh missed a lot of games in the post season. LeBron was Miami's best player in the first round up to the NBA Finals.

How many times Hakeem's team were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs?
    None of that changes anything I said. I never said Lebron wasn't the best player out of the three. And guess what, even if Wade and Bosh weren't at 100%, they still allowed Lebron the margin of error to play bad here and there. So, good effort, but nothing you said there really matters or changed my argument. Guess you should go back to copy-pasting or quoting another poster's post and saying "this".

Quote Originally Posted by UnbiasedGuy
    I think it is silly to arbitrarily assign ring values such as "kobes first three rings only count as one, therefore he has 3" or "leref 0.5 rings "

To claim something such as lebrons 3 rings = 1 hakeem ring is just straight up silly. If thats the case, then how many hakeem-rings does kobe have? How many does Jordan have?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994-95...Rockets_season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2...mi_Heat_season

If you would click the two links, you will see that, for the duration of the playoffs, Lebron's performance relative to his teammates is very similar to hakeens performance. Lets not act like It was Hakeem + scrubs. I wonder if in many years from now, people will view bosh+wade in the same vain as Hakeem's teammates?

Back to back FMVPs, along with 4 MVPs in 5 years secures Lebron in the top 10

/End Thread. LeBron will be a top 7-8 player of all time after this season.

4x MVP and 2x Finals MVP Club ( Best player in the NBA Finals)

Michael Jordan - 5x MVP, 6x Finals MVP
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar - 6x MVP, 2x Finals MVP
    Wilt Chamberlain - 4x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP
    Bill Russell - 5x NBA MVP, possibly 8 or 9 Finals MVP
    LeBron will be a part of this group if he wins another Finals MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    /End Thread. LeBron will be a top 7-8 player of all time after this season.

4x MVP and 2x Finals MVP Club ( Best player in the NBA Finals)

Michael Jordan - 5x MVP, 6x Finals MVP
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar - 6x MVP, 2x Finals MVP
    Wilt Chamberlain - 4x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP
    Bill Russell - 5x NBA MVP, possibly 8 or 9 Finals MVP
    LeBron will be a part of this group if he wins another Finals MVP.
    Back to what you do best, quoting others and posting random stats, just like I predicted

Hakeem. He didn't collude to win titles like Lebron did.