Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Ioannis Antetokoumpo 18 Year Old 6'9

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    You have never once been even remotely right about any European player.
    Yaroslav Korolev being a bust. Check.

Alexy Shved being good enough to be a rotation guy. Check.

Sofoklis S not having stamina to remain in any NBA game (Summer League included). Check.

Zeljko Rebraca being a solid 10-15 minute backup. Check.

You were saying?

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Yaroslav Korolev being a bust. Check.

Alexy Shved being good enough to be a rotation guy. Check.

Sofoklis S not having stamina to remain in any NBA game (Summer League included). Check.

Zeljko Rebraca being a solid 10-15 minute backup. Check.

You were saying?
    WRONG.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 02-28-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    Why are they not eligible for Nigerian passports? Both their parents are Nigerian. They are the exact same as the 9 players on the Nigerian team who have Nigerian parents but were born and spent their entire lives in another country. I am not getting into the specifics of legality or anything I am just saying they are the same because they all have parents who were born in Nigeria.
    Why the hell do you think? Those Nigerian national team players are DUAL CITIZENS.

Antetokoumpo brothers are war refugees that fled Nigeria to Greece and renounced citizenship.

The guys from USA are simply legal immigrants, with dual citizenship. If you can't see the difference, then you really are an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    He's American as apple pie. However Antetokoumpo is black like Nigeria (cause he's Nigerian)
    Irving during this summer, "Lets put another shrimp on the barbie."

So nice to know that in the mind of a RACIST, nationality is determined by one's skin color.

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    he grew up a town away from me in NJ... id say hes pretty american. Met him also at a local college pre draft and he played AAU with a friend of mine. Your a lunatic. HIs parents are american citizens who happened to relocate for work(bball).... that like saying my frined who was born in Hong kong on one of his parents business trips is chinese when hes one of the whitest most american people i know haha. You just like to argue for the sake of it.
    Nope. If Antetokpumpo brothers are not Greek, despite being born and raised their whole loves in Greece, then Irving sure the **** is no American.

Let's see here, according to ISH, Antetokoumpo brothers are "Nigerian citizens".

Even though they have no Nigerian citizenship, can't get Nigerian passports, and can't play for Nigeria's national team.

Even though they were born and raised in Greece, lived their whole lives in Greece, speak Greek, play for Greece..

These guys are "Nigerians only" according to ISH.

So then how in the hell can Kyrie Irving be American then? Born in Australia, lived their the first 2 years of his life. He's 10 times more Australian than Antetokoumpo brothers are Nigerian.

In fact, Kyrie Irving is almost as Australian as Mel Gibson is. Never once heard Mel Gibson called "American".

So if Antetokoumpo brothers are not Greek, then Irving sure the **** is no American. Not to mention many other players that played for Team USA.

Seikaly

Kerr

Ewing

Wilkins

Olajuwon

etc.

I mean the USA is REALLY a freaking joke with using foreign players. Not a single player their qualifies as American in any way, if Antetokoumpo brothers are not Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    Both of Irving's parents are American and he has lived in American since he was two years old. If you don't call people who moved to America when they were two or younger American than probably 50% of New York City is not American. But Irving is even more American than those immigrants because his parents were American.
    Nope.

Dominique Wilkins was born in France, had French descent parents (people keep saying they were Americans are simply distorting truth - they were French who had US citizenship)............

He played in Europe because he was allowed to because he had a FRENCH passport. He was eligible to play for France's national team if he wanted to, and was asked to.

His family is French and speaks French. He even has a freaking FRENCH name.

But according to this forum, he's 100% "American". Well he's more French than Antetokoumpo brothers are Nigerian. Those brothers just speak Greek and English.

But this forum says Wilkins was pure American and all this other bullshit, but those brothers are "not Greek" and are "pure Nigerian".

You are a bunch of racist xenophobic scum.

Tony Parker was born in BELGIUM. Tony Parker's father is AMERICAN. Tony Parker has US citizenship. Tony Parker can play for Team USA, not even as a "naturalized player", but as a natural one.

Tony Parker can play for Belgium if he wanted to as a natural player.

Never ****ing once have I heard anyone here call Tony Parker "Belgian" or "American".........

I have seen dozens of people here call Hakeem "American", because "he learned to play basketball in USA, he speaks English, played for Team USA, and has US citizenship".

Seen MANY MANY people here claim Hakeem is "American" and not Nigerian, using that "logic".........

But these brothers - no ****ing way can they be considered Greek. Just pure Nigerian, even though they spent their whole lives in Greece and were born there.

Never mind that Hakeem was born in Nigeria and lived their until he was college age. Oh yeah, all minor details in the racist xenophobic world of ISH.

Keep your racist xenophobic double standards bullshit to yourself.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 02-28-2013 at 07:17 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

He was born in Greece, lived his whole life in Greece. He speaks only Greek and English. He plays for Greek national teams........

His brother recently gave an interview where he said he and his brothers are GREEK.

Also, they do NOT have a Nigerian citizenship.

So he is actually a Greek of Nigerian descent. Not a Nigerian. They actually cannot even get a Nigerian passport.

So Nigerian parents and lineage, but 100% Greek nationality and culture.
    Sir...
    Quote Originally Posted by The same DraftExpress article you were so happy to post
    None of the Adetokunbos have received Greek citizenship, only being able to attend public school thanks to their birth certificates.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2MDZ5DgV3
    http://www.draftexpress.com

WRONG.
    Explain how any of those were wrong?

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Papaloukas is 6'7" and he worked out fine.
    Your joking, right?

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Nope.

Dominique Wilkins was born in France, had French descent parents (people keep saying they were Americans are simply distorting truth - they were French who had US citizenship)............

He played in Europe because he was allowed to because he had a FRENCH passport. He was eligible to play for France's national team if he wanted to, and was asked to.

His family is French and speaks French. He even has a freaking FRENCH name.

I bet you 1000 Euros that Dominique Wilkens cannot speak french fluently. I have spoken to him multiple times ( both as a former Hawks employee and as a UGA grad) and a sure that is not true.

It's just pathetic that Greece needs to steal Nigerians to beat Nigeria.

He moves a bit like KD...
    Unfortunately the competition is too weak to be able to tell anything from the video other than the fact that he's got nice potential. Ball handlers with a 7'3 wingspan don't come along too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Sir...
    They don't have Greek passports. Two different things. Thanasis already told the press they DON'T have Nigerian citizenship or passports and are not allowed to enter into Nigeria.

Besides, their Greek passports are already being processed right now.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 02-28-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Explain how any of those were wrong?
    All of them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva

Your joking, right?
    Papaloukas in his prime was at least 3 times better than current Rubio is.