Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: PickUp Game: Larry Bird VS Scottie Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    2 shots over Brad Sellers and the last one over Scottie Pippen in the video...WATCH IT AGAIN SON, and LISTEN!!!
    I watched it. Pippen had to chase Bird through a screen. And I don't give a shit about what he (bird) did vs brad sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    no smart guy .. it's the exact opposite .. his damn color is precisely why the great larry bird is being dogged in this thread .. because he's white .. therefore he must be slow and inferior

this thread is a classic case of the 'slow white man mentality syndrome' .. 'aw he's white, he must be slow and clumsy footed, he can't do it' .. you make up any scenario involving bird and a black player and they will automatically choose the black player ..

classic example .. the poster 97 bulls saying gerald green would beat up on larry bird .. why do you think he said that ?

.. what they're too stupid to see is that bird played people who were mostly all more athletic than him and he still dominated them .. one on one too .. pippen wouldn't have it so easy 'blowing by' bird .. his quickness is mistakenly being underestimated in this thread
    Naw dude, Bird gets overrated because he's white, don't get me wrong, he's an all time great but he is not better than Jordan, Magic, Wilt or KAJ for example.

Bird won 3 titles with that Celtics team, should've won more, Magic spanked Bird 2 out of 3 times...Larry is a legend but he's not the greatest, stop overrating him.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I watched it. Pippen had to chase Bird through a screen. And I don't give a shit about what he (bird) did vs brad sellers.

LOL!!! are you DENYING that Bird hit a turn around over Pippen in the post?? He wasn't chasing Bird when Bird had him pinned for the inevitable 2 points...you are TOO FUNNY dude seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Naw dude, Bird gets overrated because he's white, don't get me wrong, he's an all time great but he is not better than Jordan, Magic, Wilt or KAJ for example.

Bird won 3 titles with that Celtics team, should've won more, Magic spanked Bird 2 out of 3 times...Larry is a legend but he's not the greatest, stop overrating him.

funny you say that because you could argue a lot of black players get overrated because they're black ..

as for overrating him .. who's overrating him ? he's one of the GOAT .. how the fk do you 'overrate' that ? that's like saying 'stop overrating wilt or magic or .. ' .. the fact that you utter such a dumbass comment about overrating him shows your bias against him
    Last edited by dude77; 01-23-2012 at 07:33 PM.

funny you say that because you could argue a lot of black players get overrated because they're black ..
    Like who?
    The greatest NBA players are mostly black, you don't need to overrate black players since they cornered the market on GOAT players.

Great college starter

Magic Johnson quote on Larry Bird..."Alot of black guys ask me, could Larry Bird really play...i said Man, Larry Bird was so good it's frightening."

Doesn't sound overrated to me!

Like who?
    The greatest NBA players are mostly black, you don't need to overrate black players since they cornered the market on GOAT players.
    plenty of black players who aren't as good as they're made out to be .. but they're PROPPED UP because they're black .. don't be stupid now

LOL!!! are you DENYING that Bird hit a turn around over Pippen in the post?? He wasn't chasing Bird when Bird had him pinned for the inevitable 2 points...you are TOO FUNNY dude seriously.
    Not before he came through a pick and screen. Youve shown almost an hours worth of clips showing bird vs a young bulls team. And most of his scores are off of picks and screens. Only three times did I see bird post anyone up. And most of his scores were on brad sellers.

Great college starter

Not before he came through a pick and screen. Youve shown almost an hours worth of clips showing bird vs a young bulls team. And most of his scores are off of picks and screens. Only three times did I see bird post anyone up. And most of his scores were on brad sellers.

You idiot...you aren't watching closely dude. I'll let the vids speak for themselves...

plenty of black players who aren't as good as they're made out to be .. but they're PROPPED UP because they're black .. don't be stupid now
    Oh come off it. If a black guy stinks, he stinks. Look at kwame brown, michael olowankandi, harold "baby jordan" miner. The list goes on and on.

Great college starter

DUH dim wit....Bird was declining as well, dealing with age and injury...he made a young Pippen (23 years old) carry his bags....

A lot of fail in this thread. Not surprised considering half the people in this thread were born in the 90's.

Great college starter

Oh come off it. If a black guy stinks, he stinks. Look at kwame brown, michael olowankandi, harold "baby jordan" miner. The list goes on and on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19KVfK1xSdo

at 3:50, Scottie says he's always welcome to take a back seat to Larry Bird, LOL....homer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19KVfK1xSdo

at 3:50, Scottie says he's always welcome to take a back seat to Larry Bird, LOL....homer
    Who in this thread said Pippen > Bird, as far as their careers/players go ?

I agree with you .. and when compared with a white player .. more frequently than not those players would be regarded as superior .. everyone knows this .. 'slow white man inferior syndrome' .. so that right there skews your analysis .. it's automatically biased