Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Best Basketball Management Game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    If you can download it off of ares or limewire successfully, then yeah. But I haven't had any luck getting it yet. On the game's website it says that it costs 20 euros, which is quite cheap.
    I've got Ares, just downloading it now. Gonna take a long time, and I'm terrible at extracting .Rar files, but hey I'll try.

The latest patches for the game are available on the games official website about 3/4 down on the page.

http://www.wbmgame.com/

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Just registering for it now. Something to pass the time away I guess :) Hopefully it will be interesting. Thanks man.

Oh great, another one of these 'wait for the administrator to approve you' sites. Took me nearly 2 weeks to be accepted here on ISH. Hopefully it won't take that long.
    I registered 4 days ago, I think, and I forgot about it. Went back on it today and I had my team ready, sorted a couple things out this morning for the next game, such as my lineup and such and placed some bids in for some big men because my team lacked size.

Local High School Star WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar

I remember playing the original WBM and it wasn't great but it did have potential. Keep me informed how it is.

Best College game I played was probably Coaching a Dynasty, it's old now and the guy who created it has released at least one new version. It was actually a very solid game and there were cracks available for it. Think the sequel was Tournament Dreams and it was meant to be just as good, but I never played that one.

I registered 4 days ago, I think, and I forgot about it. Went back on it today and I had my team ready, sorted a couple things out this morning for the next game, such as my lineup and such and placed some bids in for some big men because my team lacked size.
    It seems really good fun. Though the exact same thing has happened to me, getting a team full of guards! I only have one player so far who is a legit PF/C. I love the inclusion of international teams, so if you get really good and be successful, you could have a shot at coaching the international team at Senior, Under 21 and Under 18 level. Currently Poland are the best team. My team sucks ass though so got a long way to go. What division you in?

I've registered that online game too, just waiting to get accepted by the admin.

Any of you guys got WBM working? I downloaded it using torrents, but it keeps asking to put the original CD in, Anyone has a crack or something?

edit: nevermind, I found it.
    Last edited by LJJ; 01-31-2008 at 06:47 AM.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    It seems really good fun. Though the exact same thing has happened to me, getting a team full of guards! I only have one player so far who is a legit PF/C. I love the inclusion of international teams, so if you get really good and be successful, you could have a shot at coaching the international team at Senior, Under 21 and Under 18 level. Currently Poland are the best team. My team sucks ass though so got a long way to go. What division you in?
    I'm in Div.3.7 (4273). I don't know what the number in the bracket is. Anyway, I'm currently 12th out of 16 teams, most of team is guards and I have 5 guys who aren't even 18 yet.

I'm in Div.3.7 (4273). I don't know what the number in the bracket is. Anyway, I'm currently 12th out of 16 teams, most of team is guards and I have 5 guys who aren't even 18 yet.
    I'm in Division 3.2, but we're currently in 3rd which isn't bad. Yeah I couldn't believe the amount of teenage guards in my team! My best player is a 17 year old PG. I only have 1 player who is listed as a Center/Power Forward. I've put in some offers for players though. I think its my first match tomorrow as well.

Saw a basketball once

I've grown a liking of fast break college basketball but my trial version ran out. Does anyone have a crack or a way I can get the full version for free

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Just wanted to bump this thread.

Has anyone found any other games? And were any of the other ones posted good?

Learning to shoot layups haggard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Just wanted to bump this thread.

Has anyone found any other games? And were any of the other ones posted good?
    buzzerbeater is pretty good.

www.buzzerbeater.com

Quote Originally Posted by haggard
    buzzerbeater is pretty good.

www.buzzerbeater.com
    There's a company called Wolverine Studios that's releasing a new one soon called DDS Pro Basketball 2. I played the first one, it's ok. You gotta pay for it however.
    http://www.wolverinestudios.com/ddspb2.html

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    There's a company called Wolverine Studios that's releasing a new one soon called DDS Pro Basketball 2. I played the first one, it's ok. You gotta pay for it however.
    http://www.wolverinestudios.com/ddspb2.html
    I'll co-sign this one. I purchased DDS: Pro Basketball, and DDS: College Basketball too, and have spent many hours playing them. Very in-depth, and the DDS: Pro Basketball version has the real players in their updated patch I believe, you'll just have to change the team names that's all. DDS: College is all fake players understandably as there is a huge database, but someone made a patch that made every single college the real counterpart. I took Rider University to the NIT tournament final, that's my best achievement so far. Really fun.

Saw a basketball once

Does anybody heard about True Basketball Manager?
    http://www.true-bm.com

I'm down to start a sim league, just wondering if anyone here would be?

Saw a basketball once

Hey guys,
    I have quite a tricky conceptual problem: can basketball management and fantasy NBA be combined? I'd love to hear what you think.

Let's start from the beginning. I've tried both, and found them unsatisfactory eventually. Now I've decided to take things in my own hands and I'm creating a game that combines the best parts of each one, or - in other words - creating a bridge between gaming and what you see on the telly. Which are said best parts?

Basketball management:
    long-term planning
    complex financial model
    laws of supply and demand
    realistic team selection
    in-depth performance analysis

Fantasy:
    real-life results and career paths
    pure multiplayer

This is the result so far:
    Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GV0VDNXc&gid=6
    League forum: http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?board=1034.0

So again, I'd love to hear whether you see any conceptual problems. I suspect there are some I can't quite see, because the results of my humble recruiting attempts (spamming at fantasy forums mostly) have been quite miserable thus far. Should approaching the basketball management fans be my next step?
    Cheers,
    Daniel