Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default Re: Ever been in an altercation/argument/fight during pick up game?

Not the same, but were playing football(soccer) in some league and were practicing. We were short on numbers to play against each other and decided to go against these other guys, who seemed cool at first.

So couple of minutes after the start theres this guy defending me and I was shooting/kicking from long range and he goes with his leg open/straight/boots to my knee. Shit hurt like hell but I let it slide cause I thought it was an accident. That dude sucked @ football. Some words-no big deal. One thing that bothered me that he was laughing, how he just "destroyed" me.
    I was intense.

Next time, 5 mins later I was standing and receiving the ball and dude just hammers me at full sprint, and my team mates just went crazy on the guy, some guy start showing, because all of opponents were kind of similar, some weak punches thrown, but no fights. Hate those fa6s.

Best part is that were playing against them in 2 weeks. Gonna fkin kill them.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    If you are playing againts a guy who talks to much. Punch him in the mouth.
    Or if you can actually play ... embarrass him on the court.

Fights? Fights were nothing. I've seen guns pulled out (though no shots fired). I've seen full on park clearing brawls. Personally, I've been in a few fights, but they've been broken up relatively quick. Last fight I ever got into was on xmas day. Guy was trying to play rough with me the whole game. One time we're both running down the court and he purposely steps in my way...I knew he was going to do it and I just ran him over. He got up and got in my face and before I knew what I was doing I had swung at him and hit him in the side of my ear (probably one of those wide girly swings...I'm no fighter :)) and we're on the ground wrestling. He gets me in a headlock but I"m on top of him and we're in a stalemate (though I had a clear shot at his nuts if he decided to try and choke me). My girlfriend was watching at the time and comes running at me screaming "What the hell are you doing!?!?!" and then it was broken up.

Good times.

Me personally, a few arguments but no actual throwing down. Most confrontations start because of overly physical play. If the play isn't overly physical, you're generally not going to see any confrontations. Like another poster said, if you're playing games in the hood, there are guys that will pull a gun. I played ball in some not so great areas, but no actual piece of sh*t areas.

The park that I grew up playing at (Twila Reid in Anaheim/Buena Park, CA)...we had so man gun altercations (no shots fired) and fights that they eventually just removed all the baskets. So now there's just black top.

Other park I played at (Liberty) they put bleachers at half court so no more full court games. Used to be some crazy ass brawls there between Samoans and Blacks.

Man you don't ever EVER wanna **** with Samoans. Even the black guys at the parks I would play at would shut the eff up whenever the Samoans would show up. They'd come 5-10 deep and you just knew that when they did show up you better be on your best behavior. One time this young white kid was playing and he went for a drive and lay up on the baseline...one huge ass samoan pulled a Bynum/Barrea on the kid and sent him flying into the pole. He was on the ground in pain and they're all just laughing like "no blood no foul".

Shit, I find it a nuisance when I ball with my keys and wallet in my pocket, how do these guys play with guns on em?

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
    Shit, I find it a nuisance when I ball with my keys and wallet in my pocket, how do these guys play with guns on em?
    No joke, one guy once got so heated during a game, he just walked off the court went to his car popped his trunk and came walking back with what looked like a hunting rifle. None of us stuck around to ask what model it was.

Another guy brought a gun in a bucket with a lid.

Yeah, I know it sounds nuts...I still can't believe the shit that went on at that park.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    No joke, one guy once got so heated during a game, he just walked off the court went to his car popped his trunk and came walking back with what looked like a hunting rifle. None of us stuck around to ask what model it was.Another guy brought a gun in a bucket with a lid.

Yeah, I know it sounds nuts...I still can't believe the shit that went on at that park.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    No joke, one guy once got so heated during a game, he just walked off the court went to his car popped his trunk and came walking back with what looked like a hunting rifle. None of us stuck around to ask what model it was.

Another guy brought a gun in a bucket with a lid.

This sounds like a scene straight out of White Men Can't Jump.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrayon
    This sounds like a scene straight out of White Men Can't Jump.
    Raymond is that you? Take off that gdamn mask! lol

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    Raymond is that you? Take off that gdamn mask! lol

Never, i always did let my game do the fighting/talking... i wont let someone elses bitterness affect my game, i would be the one with the last laugh anyways when the game ends...

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Once in high school, I was guarding this big guy. He was at least 3-4 inches bigger than me. I was very dirty player back than, so when he tried to go for a rebound after his teammate missed a FT I kicked him in his quad hard with my knee and he just felt down and said we'll solve it after the game. Luckily they won and he just lended me his hand and said everything is ok. I would get my ass kicked for sure if they lost.