Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Is the Wii U worth it?

Hi Guys & Girls,

Basically what the title says,

Wondering if i should get one, i have a xbox360, ps3, ps4 & 3ds. Should i add to my video games with a wii u?

Back in the days of n64, i loved diddy kong racing, mario 64,m banjo and all those games. Can i expect similar from Mario Kart 8 & smash bros when it's released? What other games are going to be fun?

I never had a wii, but i did play it.

Also take into account that a wii u here cost $400 + herte in Australia.

Also what accessories and such would be good to get with it?

One last thing, can you get a good game controller or is it all that big tablet thing?

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: Is the Wii U worth it?

you can get a pro controller for it, the gamepad is surprisingly light and comfortable. I've never bought the pro controller cause i felt like i haven't had a need for it yet.

If you enjoy nintendo games like Mario, Zelda, etc. it's definitely worth it.

If you rather play serious FPS games like Battlefield it's probably not worth it.

The ability to play it without a TV is a nice feature.

I'm deciding too. I really just want it for
    Mario party
    Supersmash
    Mario kart

Pretty much depends on how much you like Nintendo IP; they'll all eventually come and they'll likely be great.

So i bought one the other day, and at this stage i have enjoyed playing it so much more then my ps4.

I have mario kart 8 and zelda wind waker.

Both great games

Thanks for all the info guys, future repped

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    So i bought one the other day, and at this stage i have enjoyed playing it so much more then my ps4.

I have mario kart 8 and zelda wind waker.

Both great games

Thanks for all the info guys, future repped
    Supposedly N64 games are coming to the VC soon so that might get you more bang for your buck. I strongly recommend getting Super Mario 3D World. I've always preferred the open world Mario games more than the linear ones. But 3D world....damn.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    I'm deciding too. I really just want it for
    Mario party
    Supersmash
    Mario kart
    Same spot. Exact same. Those are the only games I want.

But I really want Mario Kart and Smash Bros.... And I'm a sucker for Mario Party games. Anyone know if it will it have online?

Never been much of a fan of Zelda and Mario tho.

FOUND OUT I CAN PLAY WII GAMES!!!!
    Gonna get Smash Bros Brawl today! Last Smash Bros I played was the first on N64!

Let us know how you like it. How's the controller? I played wii u. But I just don't like the old wii controller much.

Banned

They were on sale where I live this week so I picked one up, don't think it's worth it for full price ($400+ here) but for under $200 australian it's pretty good. Been playing mario kart 8 and monster hunter 3 (was free with mario kart). Both good games and I also got nintendo land (surprisingly deep and fun with 2 players) and skylanders (doubt I'll even open it). I thought the gamepad was silly until I actually spent some time with it and I've found it's actually pretty comfortable to use. Not sure the screen in the gamepad is actually needed in anything i played (even nintendo land felt forced at times) but it's handy for some thing and it's good if you have your wii u on your main tv and want to play only on the gamepad screen.

n64 games have been confirmed to be on their way, nintendo had something on their site saying to check back frequently because they will announce which games soon. There's probably only 5 or 6 games (factoring in unreleased but announced games too) I want for the console though which is the main reason I don't think it's worth the full retail price right now. I picked up the basic pack with the 8gb hdd, I've been using a 64gb usb stick I had laying around as external storage though and it's running everything off it fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Let us know how you like it. How's the controller? I played wii u. But I just don't like the old wii controller much.

I really enjoy playing the wii u, my ps4 has been gathering dust next to it.
    Playing Zelda Wind Waker, Mario Kart 8 & Smash Bros Brawl,
    it does suck a bit using the old controller for wii u to play smash bros, but it's only temporary as the new smash bros comes out later this year.

The game pad feels good to use, i love the screen in it as my missus nags me so she can watch tv, but i can still play, watch youtube and do all sorts. it's like having a awesome gaming tablet that has actual controls and not those stupid touch screen buttons.
    I also have a wii u pro controller which is probably the best controller i have ever used.

Nintendo can do so much with this system, if they release old gba games through an emulator or N64 games, it will be amazing.

Can't wait for the new Zelda or Smash Bros games.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I'd probably buy a Wii U if it didn't have that silly gamepad inflating the price. I know Nintendo wanted something to differentiate themselves from the other systems but they need to realize that their 1st party games accomplishes. I tried it a few times and never felt comfortable using it.

Banned

I just want a wii u for starfox

Banned

We thought Wii U would fail big time, but not the tide has been turning, seemingly. Wii U is now out-sold PS4 in Japan.

Banned

It's too damn expensive.