Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: howard says kobe shooting a lot pissed him off

Someone needs to just show Dwight the synergy stats of him in the post to shut him up.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Thanks for that. I did forget that he didnt even play. I was having trouble recalling the details..

But it proves the point that resting or looking at the big picture has always been primary for Kobe. Despite any other issues he has like shot selection and overzealousness at the end of games.

He was more than capable of stealing that scoring title from KD.
    Of course it has only the dumbass haters would say stuff like "he only cares about the scoring title". Even now that Kobe has switched to a more pass first mode almost to a fault these idiots have gone silent and only show up to hate when the Lakers lose.

He said it upset him, he did not use the word pissed off.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Thanks for that. I did forget that he didnt even play. I was having trouble recalling the details..

But it proves the point that resting or looking at the big picture has always been primary for Kobe. Despite any other issues he has like shot selection and overzealousness at the end of games.

He was more than capable of stealing that scoring title from KD.
    Exactly. Especially against the Kings. He could have easily gotten the 40 or so points he needed to win it but he's already been there and done that. He doesn't have to prove his ability by winning a scoring title.

It's always about winning with Kobe. Don't know why people think that he cares about a scoring title especially at his age. When he was in his early 20s the idea of a scoring title was intriguing to him. But not now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    That's not the point he was trying to make. The point is, MJ takes a bunch of shots, but hits most of them. Kobe takes a bunch of shots, but misses most of them. If you're shot jacking, and aren't efficient, you're hurting your team. If you're shot jacking, and making most of them, you're only helping your team.
    Kobe was being very efficient when people started saying he was shooting too much. Remember his 30 point game streak and that whole ridiculous stat about "The Lakers win when Kobe shoots less"? So no, it's not just about efficiency. It's about people always finding a way to blame Kobe even when he's playing great.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Using the opinion "kobe shooting a lot pissed him off" as fact.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Kobe was being very efficient when people started saying he was shooting too much. Remember his 30 point game streak and that whole ridiculous stat about "The Lakers win when Kobe shoots less"? So no, it's not just about efficiency. It's about people always finding a way to blame Kobe even when he's playing great.
    It's about his team of girls that can't get up to play unless they're scoring. Crappy weak mentality. I expect that from players like Cousins.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Move along.....nothing to see here

Very good NBA starter

Dwight is a moron. When Kobe was scoring a lot, he was doing it on phenomenal efficiency and the Lakers had a top 6 offense. Why complain if it's working? If the rest of these idiots played just average defense during those games the Lakers would have about 5-6 more wins.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Someone needs to just show Dwight the synergy stats of him in the post to shut him up.
    I would like to know what they count as post touches, though because usually when I watch them, they pretty much just give him touches when he's right under the basket early, and try to establish him in the post in the 2nd quarter when he's had virtually no legit post touches prior to that.

Don't get me wrong, he hasn't looked good in the post this year, but the synergy stats don't fully add up with what I've watched.

I am sure that Kobe is/was pissed that Dwight keeps missing those free throws as well. Dwight forgets that when he was getting touches, he kept on losing the ball and Kobe had to bail the team out. When you are down 10-15 points, you can't get mad at Kobe for trying to get the team back into a game. Jeez.

I can't wrap my head around it. Why does he want more touches? Given his extremely low efficiency in the post, and Kobe's extremely high efficiency in the post, it just doesn't make any sense. Posting up Dwight is such a bailout for the other team, as it usually results in a turnover or FT bricks.

Not to mention he would get more touches if he just caught the damn ball.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I can't wrap my head around it. Why does he want more touches? Given his extremely low efficiency in the post, and Kobe's extremely high efficiency in the post, it just doesn't make any sense. Posting up Dwight is such a bailout for the other team, as it usually results in a turnover or FT bricks.

Not to mention he would get more touches if he just caught the damn ball.
    narcissism. Dwight thinks the court is his stage and everyone needs to clear out for his solo like he beyonce and the rest of team be destiny's children.

Shaq size ego with Tyson Chandler skillset. worst combination.

NBA Superstar

i can't even imagine if he played with Kobe in prior seasons where Kobe chucked like a idiot. at least this season Kobe has been ballin for the most part and making a ton of his shots, its sort of surprising to hear Dwight say that since Kobe was on fire earlier in the season. after reading this lakers might as well try and get what they can for him since i can't see him staying without being a focal point of the offense.