Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 LastLast
    Local High School Star YAH trick YAH's Avatar

Default Re: Jerry Sloan steps down, leaves Utah Jazz! Era is over!

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    Those reports are from ESPN, if you've heard any local radio with guys that call the games and in the locker room, it seems blown out of proportion.
    Someone finally gets it!

Quote Originally Posted by JazzDoc
    Anybody want D-Will? He's not going to be welcome in Utah anymore. What an idiot.
    This is the worst part... you guys are gonna push your best player out. Make him a scapegoat. Wow. Sloan was 68 and they were right that he wasn't showing any emotion.

I hope you guys do trade Deron because I've been sad to watch him waste away there... but talk about some serious misdirection of anger.

It's like you break up with your wife and then kill the kids.

Edit: I am gonna shake my head if they boo Deron, but I know they will. Idiots...

-Smak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    Those reports are from ESPN, if you've heard any local radio with guys that call the games and in the locker room, it seems blown out of proportion.
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...l?s_cid=rss-32

Jazz players feel the same way. I do hope ESPN is full of crap on the reports.

All those who reported that Deron pushed Sloan out are all backing off those stories.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

[QUOTE=Chicago Brawls]It

Quote Originally Posted by YAH trick YAH
    All those who reported that Deron pushed Sloan out are all backing off those stories.
    haha y hate on sloan doe?

Quote Originally Posted by JSmooth
    haha y hate on sloan doe?
    I like Sloan, I ain't hatin. I'm not gonna slobber over the guy though.

Lol @ Bagelred.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - An agitated Karl Malone says the Jerry Sloan he knows would never quit anything and suggested his longtime Utah Jazz coach just grew tired of garbage that came with the job and certain players.

''They changed the floor back to old school. They changed the uniform back to old school. Somebody tell the damn players to start playing like old school,'' Malone said before the Jazz hosted the Phoenix Suns on Friday night.

''It may work. They spent a lot of money on the rest, now how about you tell the players. I'm just calling it like I see it.''

''You're a professional, you don't need for me to break a film down for you. If you want to stop the guy you're playing, they pay you millions of dollars. You get you a TV and break the player down yourself.''

''If I got something to say or do to a man, I'm going to look that man in the eye and tell him what is going to happen. That's just me now.''

He also took issue with analysts declaring the game had passed by Sloan.

''It's like saying the game passed Phil Jackson by,'' Malone said. ''Old school worked. The players (have) got to buy into the system.''

Jazz president and CEO Randy Rigby downplayed Malone's comments.

''Karl is Karl. That's Karl,'' Rigby said after Utah's 95-83 loss to Phoenix. ''And he's right, Jerry isn't a quitter. But it was Jerry's decision and we're going to support that. But I can tell you he was not forced out by any of us.''

Asked if today's players have too much pull, Malone thought back to his own contentious battles with Sloan over the years.

''I remember (late team owner) Larry Miller in this locker room, right here when me and coach Sloan was butting heads after a game in front of everybody,'' Malone recalled.

National High School Star

Malone is da sh*t. He probably couldn't coach a lick, but I'd love to see him on the Jazz coaching stuff as an assistant, just to put the fear of God into the players. I'd love to see the dude brave enough to tell Karl Malone he isn't running the play he just drew up.

How's the feeling among Utah fans after last night's game? I know the players are the same, but is there a different vibe now that Sloan's out? I actually had a lot of respect for the Jazz at the start of the season, but if Sloan's departure was due to prima-donna players, I wouldn't be surprised if people started turning against them.

I heard from someone that's close to the team that the rift was about Deron not running the play. Jerry wanted to fine D Will but management wouldn't have it.

Jerry deceided to call it quits after that.

Take it how you want to.

Banned

Williams is too good for Utah but now when he leaves them Jazz fans will hate his guts worse than Clevelanders hate Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    Malone is da sh*t. He probably couldn't coach a lick, but I'd love to see him on the Jazz coaching stuff as an assistant, just to put the fear of God into the players. I'd love to see the dude brave enough to tell Karl Malone he isn't running the play he just drew up.

Banned

Deron is cursed now, he isn't gonna win any championship ring.