Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Watch Dogs - Open World Gameplay Premiere Commentary

Watch Dogs (stylised as WATCH_DOGS) is an upcoming open world action-adventure video game, developed by Ubisoft Montreal for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4,[3] Wii U,[4] and the Xbox 360.[5] Watch Dogs centers on the player's ability to hack into various electronic systems, either to obtain and control information or to destroy those devices completely at specific times. The game was first unveiled during Ubisoft's press conference at E3 2012.

Holy cow, looks amazing

VIDEO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SvdfDvPZBU

Default Re: Watch Dogs - Open World Gameplay Premiere Commentary

definitely looks amazing. But compared to the jump between ps2 to ps3 i think another year of r/d would have produced something amazing. It's not like the market is demanding next-gen, many people just got next gen consoles.

anyways, this game reminds me of a mix of GTAIV and Assassin's Creed. I can't wait to play it. I hope this game is long as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    definitely looks amazing. But compared to the jump between ps2 to ps3 i think another year of r/d would have produced something amazing. It's not like the market is demanding next-gen, many people just got next gen consoles.

anyways, this game reminds me of a mix of GTAIV and Assassin's Creed. I can't wait to play it. I hope this game is long as hell.
    next-gen is so ****ing annoying. we ain't need it yet mofos!

anyways yeah, look's like a mix of both of that but with a blend of prototype?

Banned

more new gameplay video

i want.. I WANT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5R_1B77bug

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    more new gameplay video

i want.. I WANT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5R_1B77bug
    It looks incredible but feels so overwhelming.
    Still not sure if it's my "type" of game...but I really hope it is.

Oh, my god! That game looks amazing!

I'm also hoping it's a long game and has a lot of things to do on the side.

I love the concept, I just hope it doesn't get to the point where it all feels the same. I like the choose your own path sort of thing, I wish more games did that rather than having to follow a scripted story. I just hope there is some variety into what you can do.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

It does look awesome.

The concept is awesome, and the quality looks as good as I'd expect from an Ubisoft open world game.

It also has another advantage, one that I thought GTA V should have taken advantage of, it's located in the gorgeous city of Chicago. Just a perfect city for an open world game, very accessible, a few really identifiable landscape elements, like the Chicago River winding through it, and Lakeshore Drive running along Lake Michigan. Because the the river the city has a huge number of bridges. It's just a great city for this sort of setting.

I think DC would be a great city too. And this is now two straight GTA's where they're recycling old cities in a game where the city is in fact a huge character in the game. I'm sure GTA is gonna be great, and I look very forward to that as well. I just feel like they missed the boat a bit by not doing more cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    It does look awesome.

The concept is awesome, and the quality looks as good as I'd expect from an Ubisoft open world game.

It also has another advantage, one that I thought GTA V should have taken advantage of, it's located in the gorgeous city of Chicago. Just a perfect city for an open world game, very accessible, a few really identifiable landscape elements, like the Chicago River winding through it, and Lakeshore Drive running along Lake Michigan. Because the the river the city has a huge number of bridges. It's just a great city for this sort of setting.

I think DC would be a great city too. And this is now two straight GTA's where they're recycling old cities in a game where the city is in fact a huge character in the game. I'm sure GTA is gonna be great, and I look very forward to that as well. I just feel like they missed the boat a bit by not doing more cities.
    They were talking about Tokyo and London at one point too. Tokyo looks like a video game city. Highways and ramps all over, it's all neon, has tons of hills, self contained little sections that are iconic. NOPE. Have to do the same cities over and over. I agree with you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    They were talking about Tokyo and London at one point too. Tokyo looks like a video game city. Highways and ramps all over, it's all neon, has tons of hills, self contained little sections that are iconic. NOPE. Have to do the same cities over and over. I agree with you 100%.
    They already did London in the old GTAs. I think what makes GTA great as well is that it's a satire of american pop culture. I don't think it would be quite the same in a city like Tokyo. Let games like Sleeping Dogs cover that.

But a new city could be interesting.

I still don't understand how no one is doing an open city concept game set in Baltimore and based on the Wire. If done well, its a no brainer. Especially if you can choose to play as cops or drug dealers.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    They already did London in the old GTAs. I think what makes GTA great as well is that it's a satire of american pop culture. I don't think it would be quite the same in a city like Tokyo. Let games like Sleeping Dogs cover that.

But a new city could be interesting.

I still don't understand how no one is doing an open city concept game set in Baltimore and based on the Wire. If done well, its a no brainer. Especially if you can choose to play as cops or drug dealers.

When GTA V released there first little snippet of info, which was just a V with the inlay of money in it, there was a thread on here guessing cities.

Chicago and DC have always been my favorite notions for GTA, but I also suggested Rio, and agreed with London as being good ideas. But the lampooning of american culture is too big a part of what the series is, and I agree that it can't not be in the US (although Toronto might be doable). Then Rockstar came out and said the same thing, that the series will never go outside the US.

Baltimore would be excellent, and could also be tied into a larger DC story.

And as much as I'm looking forward to this rediculously good looking new GTA, I am still a little disappointed we're not exploring a new city.

When GTA V released there first little snippet of info, which was just a V with the inlay of money in it, there was a thread on here guessing cities.

Chicago and DC have always been my favorite notions for GTA, but I also suggested Rio, and agreed with London as being good ideas. But the lampooning of american culture is too big a part of what the series is, and I agree that it can't not be in the US (although Toronto might be doable). Then Rockstar came out and said the same thing, that the series will never go outside the US.

Baltimore would be excellent, and could also be tied into a larger DC story.

And as much as I'm looking forward to this rediculously good looking new GTA, I am still a little disappointed we're not exploring a new city.
    Rio would've been cool, but Max Payne 3 came out just last year and it's set in Sao Paulo, so it just couldn't happen. I'm OK with GTA V in LA, it's such a huge city that it lends itself for multiple instalments, especially now that it's bigger and better recreated than ever before. However, I also would've liked to see a different city featured for once, somewhere like Detroit, Chicago or Boston. To be honest, I wouldn't like it if they ever took the franchise out of the US. It just doesn't feel right.
    Now back on topic, Watch Dogs looks just fantastic. I wonder how that hacking system will work out, though. If the options are too limited, it will lose meaning. You can only hack into the traffic light system to cause an accident so many times before it gets old. I hope there's variety and the hacking serves a real purpose, instead of being a cool gimmick.

Boston as a city in a game where you can bomb and shoot people probably would've brought out the pussified parents/media, bashing the game for allowing "kids" to play as violent domestic terrorists.

I'm wondering where I should preorder this game. GameStop, Amazon, BestBuy?

NBA Superstar

It does look awesome.

Maybe a dumb question, but do you know if this game is a true representation of Chicago? Authentic streets through and through? Or is it Chicago like GTA V will be Los Angeles, as in "It is, but it isn't."?

I haven't had an issue with the prospect of returning to Los Santos up to this point because from the looks of it, it may have very little in common with PS2's San Andreas. It appears so vast and so rich in detail that I don't get the feeling I'll ever be playing and get to a point and say, "Oh man, that's so San Andreas." To put it succinctly, it looks like it might as well be a new city, just as "Liberty City" in IV had very little in common with Liberty City in III. The difference, of course, is S.A. was able to closer reflect L.A. than III was able to reflect NYC, but the premise remains the same.

That said, I certainly wouldn't mind a new locale. As a local, I'd push the city of Detroit for it's gritty outskirts, solid downtown, river border/international border, Ambassador Bridge, uppity suburbs, historic structures, abandoned yet beautiful historic structures, and Robocop.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 05-15-2013 at 05:54 PM.