Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Miller....the best player EVER to never make an allstar team

Rod Strikland, Derek Harper, Rony Seikaly, Chuck Person, and Damon Stoudamire were pretty good.......

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Andre Miller = The real Uncle Drew he was the inspiration behind the idea tbh, Kyrie is just acting in the role of the great one.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    I wish the Jazz signed him in the offseason last year. Always was on my top list of PG's to get last year. I think if we had ended up with Andre instead of Mo Williams, we would have made the playoffs.
    Could have had both. Andre would have fit better with Al. Bring Mo off the bench with G and Burks. They didn't use their mid level exception. I would have liked him too but now that we've seen what Hayward and Burks can do running the team I think combo guards are what they need.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Rod Strikland, Derek Harper, Rony Seikaly, Chuck Person, and Damon Stoudamire were pretty good.......

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Strickland put up empty stats. He was the Derrick Coleman of pg's.
    Strickland was a beast! He was a headcase though.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Andre Miller is an okay player that should never have even thought about seeing an allstar game. His numbers don't tell the whole story. He's not really a playmaker, he gets his assists by dominating the ball and getting bailed out by shooters. He doesn't drive and kick, doesn't really make plays for others in transition if it's not a lead pass.

He's a shooting guard, that can't shoot the long ball...and scores with crafty moves, but it takes up half the shot clock to get there. He's useless on the court without the ball in his hands, and you don't really want it in his hands as if he's some star or something. Which means for all of his career, he really should've been a 6th man for some great team, or continue to be a key figure for some 1st round team with big weaknesses like outside shooting, pace and defense that he adds to.

I'd rather have had Kenny Smith on my all star team.
    yeah, he maintained high assist numbers his whole career by getting "bailed out by shooters". Could you be any more delusional? He's one of the most accurate passers in the league and everywhere he went he made the team better. I guess all that intangibles he displays aren't impressive to you that you have the nerve to say he's not even a point guard, but a ball dominant shooting guard. So what if he never deserved to be an all-star, he still remains as one of the most underrated players of all time.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

For the record, although I think Strickland and others are better, I agree that Miller is a good player.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

I heard that guy Andre Miller is a professional basketball player.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    I wish the Jazz signed him in the offseason last year. Always was on my top list of PG's to get last year. I think if we had ended up with Andre instead of Mo Williams, we would have made the playoffs.
    If the Lakers weren't gifted a billion free throws by the refs the Jazz would be in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    yeah, he maintained high assist numbers his whole career by getting "bailed out by shooters". Could you be any more delusional? He's one of the most accurate passers in the league and everywhere he went he made the team better. I guess all that intangibles he displays aren't impressive to you that you have the nerve to say he's not even a point guard, but a ball dominant shooting guard. So what if he never deserved to be an all-star, he still remains as one of the most underrated players of all time.

Running a team and being a playmaker are not the same. People get caught up on assists...Miller is a ball stopper

He's a player in the mold of Chauncey Billups (another 2 guard), who isn't really a great playmaker either. What made Billups better and more valuable is that he doesn't take 15 seconds to get a shot off, and has crazy range, and he can make some passes out of the pick and roll as well as use it to free himself up. He was/is such a capable scorer consistently and more efficiently than Miller, and his scoring action can allow him to take defenses out of position and free others up more.

Having a pg like Miller as your starter, just isn't good for you...Sorry for ruining love day. 6th man, like his role now is perfect for him. Should've been where he was all his career.

What plays do you see Miller create for others off of his own offense? He can get inside, but rarely if ever does he drop it off or kick it out. He dribbles around the perimeter for half the clock...looking for openings, because he can't create one for others, and when he can't he dumps it off to someone else to take a bad jumpshot..often times contested. It goes in, its an assist, it doesn't go in....on to the next play. He's not even a quality pick and roll pg. I mean you can count his lob passes as assists, but that's not going to win you games when it counts...if he's going to help you in the end it's going to be with his scoring. He's a 6th man 2 guard in a perfect world.

But everywhere he went he may have played a role, but he brought just as many holes.
    Last edited by Y2Gezee; 04-21-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    i love andre miller, but he seems like a bit of a prick

he started off his interview by saying "that was their best defender" that he just scored on. kind of cheesy. also he really does sound retarded. its weird that someone that savvy in a competition could sound so special needs with a microphone.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    everywhere he went he made the team better.
    Except the Clippers but considering that franchise's history I'll give him a pass.

I'd say Drazen Petrovic would be the top of the list. Lamar Odom and Orlando Woolridge come to mind as well.

he has definitely gotten better with age. when he was with the clippers he sucked balls. the season before with the cavs he led the league in assists and the clippers broke up their team to get him and he was supposed to lead the clippers with lamar odom and elton brand into the playoffs but he just sucked balls.

Great thread, great player.