Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Thanks ill give Bioshock a look. It sounds like a good game that I can play for an hour after work. I'm not looking for a game that requires a lot of time and this sounds like a pretty good fit.

Serious playground baller AboveTheRim.'s Avatar

I'm currently at about 65% completion for Arkham City right now. I have to say, I thought getting all of the riddler trophies and challenges would just be another annoying collecting mission, but it's actually pretty awesome. Some of them actually have stumped me on the first go around, but I usually can figure em out.

The main story was fantastic

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Finished up with Witcher 2 a couple of weeks ago...one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

Starting up on Mass Effect 3 now....after I finish Walking Dead chapter 2.

Can't wait for Resident Evil 6! First day purchase!

bought Just Cause 2, so taking a break from Max Payne 3 and COD multiplayer..... looking for some new games to buy, any suggestions?

What are you looking for Goliath?

Currently playing Dawnguard. I don't know how much I like it yet, Skyrim might be one of those games that becomes less impressive the more you play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    bought Just Cause 2, so taking a break from Max Payne 3 and COD multiplayer..... looking for some new games to buy, any suggestions?
    I suggest you cop Dead Rising. If at all possible, teleport yourself into the game, and off yourself. There's countless weapons you can use to get the job done. Take your pick.

"Goliath Uterus: most useless, worthless poster in ISH history, just off'd himself"

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    What are you looking for Goliath?

Currently playing Dawnguard. I don't know how much I like it yet, Skyrim might be one of those games that becomes less impressive the more you play it.
    I wasn't a HUGE fan of Oblivion ... so I'm still waiting for an even more price drop before I get Skyrim. LJJ, which do you think is better Oblivion or Skyrim?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Skyrim might be one of those games that becomes less impressive the more you play it.
    That's exactly how I feel about it. When I first started I was overwhelmed with how big the game world was and how much you could do. As I went on though I found a lot of the quests tend to follow the same pattern, and the combat isn't real deep. Mind you I still put a lot of time into it, more then I do most games, I just don't think I'm ready to jump back into it yet.

I couldnt get into Skyrim at all. Figured it would be a game I enjoy since I liked Fable 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    LA Noire is actually pretty lame now that I've had more time to play it. I didnt expect it to be so linear since it was developed by Rockstar. Its just kind of boring after playing AC for tje past month which is so open world. I just need to buy Mass Effect because I think thats the only game Ill really get into.
    Was it developed by Rockstar or did they just put their name on it? I'm not sure it is a Rockstar game, I could be wrong. But L.A Bore is what the game is. It starts off great, then by time you get to the end you're happy its over/done with. Was one game I didnt keep in my collection that is for sure.

Bioshock is a classic. Cant wait for Bioshock 3.

SO I recently got Playstation Plus for those Freebies and damn Infamous 2 is 14 GB's

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I couldnt get into Skyrim at all. Figured it would be a game I enjoy since I liked Fable 2 and 3.

Was it developed by Rockstar or did they just put their name on it? I'm not sure it is a Rockstar game, I could be wrong. But L.A Bore is what the game is. It starts off great, then by time you get to the end you're happy its over/done with. Was one game I didnt keep in my collection that is for sure.

Bioshock is a classic. Cant wait for Bioshock 3.
    I still think the original Bioshock has been the best gaming experience I've had in this "next-gen" era. I'm still working on Bioshock 2, and it's nothing compared to the original (at least IMO anyway).

GOBB, I know you were really into GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption... would you say Bioshock was a better game/experience than those two? I'm just now getting into GTAIV ... and it's not as fun as the previous releases on the PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    I wasn't a HUGE fan of Oblivion ... so I'm still waiting for an even more price drop before I get Skyrim. LJJ, which do you think is better Oblivion or Skyrim?
    Skyrim is essentially a refined version of Oblivion. It's the same shell, but they looked at the main shortcomings of Oblivion and tried to work at those (with mixed success).

For instance there is the combat. There was a real problem in Oblivion that the fighting felt very delicate and unwieldy. And although the fighting hasn't really changed, they've added the occasional kill animation; they've made the skills play into it a bit more; the shouting mechanic adds some variety. All those minor improvements do make the fighting more gratifying.

Same idea with the main quest and overall world. In Oblivion the main quest felt like a massive chore to finish. The Oblivion plains were excruciatingly boring to work through. In Skyrim however the main quests involves dragons, civil war, better locations, player choice, interesting factions and more variety. It's not great, but at least it isn't bad.

So there are a lot of understated improvements. But Skyrim is also very much the same game as Oblivion, it's not revolutionary.

I'm personally never worried about spending the money on an Elder Scrolls game though. They always give you a lot of value for your money. Even I feel like I got my 80 bucks worth of game, despite being saturated with the game long before seeing the majority of the content. I still enjoyed Fallout 3 better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    I still think the original Bioshock has been the best gaming experience I've had in this "next-gen" era. I'm still working on Bioshock 2, and it's nothing compared to the original (at least IMO anyway).

GOBB, I know you were really into GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption... would you say Bioshock was a better game/experience than those two? I'm just now getting into GTAIV ... and it's not as fun as the previous releases on the PS2.
    Yeah I'd go as far as to say Bioshock was a better gaming experience than GTA4 and RDR. And I'm a big fan of Rockstar/those games. I played Bioshock late. Amazing experience for me. Each level, the different envioments, characters, story. Exploration and ability to go back to previous levels (something I didnt like Bioshock 2 not allowing). Mind blowing game for me. I didnt expect me to like it when I borrowed it.

I'm playing through the first Mass Effect right now. Definitely the best game of the series.

Dis game:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...ark-2/17-6361/

Is for insane people. Seriously.