Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default My best friend died

He and I had known each other since we were 11 years old in Middle school, waaaay back in the late 90's and early 2000's. He was only three months older than me and had just celebrated his birthday last week on the 9th. I called him today to see if he received the DVDs I sent him , and his sister answered it.

I knew right away that it had to be bad, because there really wasn't a reason for his sister to have his phone.

He died last Wednesday morning, and there is no word yet on why. I think it was heart related because he partied with yayo and drank energy drinks like water on the construction site.

I'm devastated in a way that not even the deaths of my grandma and favorite dog could affect me.

He was always there for me, no matter how bad I felt, and understood me better than my own family did.

He didn't even live long enough to get married and have kids.

I'm pissed off, grieving and completely devastated by this.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: My best friend died

That's terrible man, sorry for your loss.

A couple of weeks ago some guy who I hung out with a few times back in 2012-2013, died of a heroin overdose, he was a nice respectful dude too.

It's important that you are there for the family, it will help with the grieving process for everyone.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy

I knew right away that it had to be bad, because there really wasn't a reason for his sister to have his phone.
    Similar situation happened to me recently. One of my best hunting buddy's wife answered his phone when I called to come get some decoys I had lent him. His wife NEVER answers his phone. I could feel the hairs rise on the back of my neck just at her tone and I almost knew he was dead, even though he hadn't been in the hospital or anything, to which his wife confirmed shortly into the conversation. He was 15 years older than most of our crew but he was the funniest, most energetic Asian guy I ever met. He also had some heart problems. I think high energy obese people have short lifespans. His daughter is a nationally ranked swimmer in the junior division. If she ever makes the Olympics, he won't be around to see her. Sad.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

My deepest condolences.
    Very tough news bro. Do what you need to do to grieve. Celebrate his life. I'm sure your best bro would want you to

Sorry for your loss man

It's kind of cliche but remember your friend wouldn't want you feeling too down over his loss. Try and remember some of the advice he's given you in the past , and follow it, even if it's not perfect lol. It will make you feel better.

It sucks and there is nothing any of us can offer you to make you feel better.

As for the rest of you... please take note... energy drinks will cause your heart to give out... or they will give you cancer.

They are just about the worst ****ing thing you can put in your body in the whole damn world that is deemed as "safe" for consumption.

DO NOT DRINK THEM FOR ANY REASON. NONE OF THEM. THEY ARE ALL BAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    In a multitude of ways. I used to drink at least 2 a day. Then I got a kidney stone. I haven't had one since *knock on wood*. Might help that I also made a point of drinking a lot of water every day

sorry for your loss OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    It sucks and there is nothing any of us can offer you to make you feel better.

As for the rest of you... please take note... energy drinks will cause your heart to give out... or they will give you cancer.

They are just about the worst ****ing thing you can put in your body in the whole damn world that is deemed as "safe" for consumption.

what about vitamin b12? i drink coffee everyday and take a multivitamin that has b12. i ask bc caffeine and b12 are like the major ingredients in energy dirnks.

Stay strong dude.

Get counseling if you need it or just talk to other friends or family to get the support you need.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    what about vitamin b12? i drink coffee everyday and take a multivitamin that has b12. i ask bc caffeine and b12 are like the major ingredients in energy dirnks.
    I'm not a doctor. I can't give you some "a-ha" moment answer, because I don't definitely know.

I just know there are too many reports about people suffering early deaths that are often tied to energy drink consumption. Far too many... for product lines that haven't been around that long, in the grand scheme.

They haven't been around long enough for there to be definitive answers as to why they're bad, I don't think...

I wouldn't think coffee and b12 supplements would be the primary catalysts to early death. It's some overall combination of everything found in energy drinks. There is a ton of nasty shit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Duderonomy- op so sorry to hear / friendships are gold.

This year my first true love I wanted to marry / passed away.
    She had MS as well as a brandy drinker... not a good combo.

Please reach out to his family , you will be better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Coffee is bad for you.Can lead to hypertension the silent killer.Can also lead to strokes and heart disease.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    Coffee is bad for you.Can lead to hypertension the silent killer.Can also lead to strokes and heart disease.
    Big time. I don’t drink coffee anymore. Get more sleep. You will get better sleep with no coffee too. I think a lot of people drink coffee because it screws up their sleep so they are tired, which makes them drink coffee, which screws up their sleep...and the cycle continues