Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Deadspin: Manti Te

This just happened..

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    so I wasn't taken this seriously, but I guess I should read up now...

Usually sites like Deadspin and TMZ don't try BS around...
    Absolutely not true. Deadspin is a great website, they are definitely not anything like TMZ.

Someone probably hacked it as a joke.

I laughed.

Not a big fan of twitter, but it's times like this that I love it. Up to date information and hilarity.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 01-16-2013 at 06:35 PM.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    Absolutely not true. Deadspin is a great website, they are definitely not anything like TMZ.
    TMZ usually has "the goods"

when TMZ announces something I always take it seriously

they were the first ones on Tiger Woods...somehow TMZ always gets their hands on the real gossip first

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Guy is either gay and covered it up with this or was just pulling this publicity stunt. I don't see another plausible explanation.
    the more I think about it those two scenarios seem to be the only possible explanation.

there is a slight slight slight slight SLIGHT chance he was fooled and was so embarrassed he just told people she died but... after telling so many people he met her in person...

I'm leaning toward the he is gay and didn't want to come out so he made her up to get his parents off his back theory.

If he is gay he is going to have a really hard time in the NFL unfortunately

that one gay player on the Vikes that came out after he retired said he thought about suicide every day, had to use the ward "f@g" on a regular basis to fit in, and said had he come out of the closet he would have been shunned by his teammates and probably injured on purpose in practice drills...

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

You have to be such a psychopath to create a lie of this proportions.

And it's insane to think only DeadSpin caught the contradictory in the stories. The rest of the media was playing it up until it was the story of the college football season.

Especially when you look back at the evidence and see how clearly it is. Perhaps because it's too deranged to even fathom.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    If he is gay he is going to have a really hard time in the NFL unfortunately

that one gay player on the Vikes that came out after he retired said he thought about suicide every day, had to use the ward "f@g" on a regular basis to fit in, and said had he come out of the closet he would have been shunned by his teammates and probably injured on purpose in practice drills...
    y did u jump to the thought he might be ghey? i'm not too informed on the story so if there's some inklings fill me in

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

That's insane. I wouldn't draft him based simply on perpetuating this hoax, as it hints to some strange shit going on in his head. It's not like he's a megatalent, he's not good enough to deal with crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    y did u jump to the thought he might be ghey? i'm not too informed on the story so if there's some inklings fill me in
    one of the theories in here is that he created this fictional girlfriend to cover up a gay relationship

Decent college freshman

he just spoke

This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. "To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. "It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. "I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. "In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. "Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."
    claims to be a victim like that dude on Catfish
    Last edited by heyhey; 01-16-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    he just spoke

claims to be a victim like that dude on Catfish
    Yeah, no. This quote has been making its rounds:

"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.
    Pretty pathetic of him. Hopefully he doesn't get a pass/this doesn't just die down without resolution.

Yeah and a lot of news outlets reported that they met after the ND-Stanford game in person why would media report that? Why would Manti allow it to be reported if it was completely false?

I am reading that he called her "the love of his life" in interviews :/

yet he never met this person in real life?

how embarrassing

wow