Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: 2008-2010 Lakers vs. 2011-2013 Heat

Vs Pau...

18/11/3 on 62 TS% and more defensive impact. He would also have more of an advantage against Miami than Wade would against LA

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Either way, I think it's pretty definitive for me:

2011 Heat > 2008 Lakers

If LeBron has performance anxiety:
    2011 Heat < 2008 Lakers

2012 Heat > 2009 Lakers
    2013 Heat < 2010 Lakers (7 games)
    Part of LeBron's failures in the 2011 Finals was due to Terry and Stevenson getting in his head, along with Mavs overall D.

Nobody on that 2008 Lakers team could have done to him. Ariza was like the 10th man at the time.

I do agree with your < and > statement, though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Added efficiency.. that was my main point. He got his numbers, but he just wasn't very consistent
    You seem to be arguing something different...we all know Wade dropped off in 12, but he was still very good and still way better than any sg Kobe faced in 2009.

He didn't need to carry an offense or something...he just needed to essentially play the Gasol role...and I'm still taking Wade over Gasol.

Kobe would have had to guard Wade and Lebron at times...and be guarded at all times by either Wade, Lebron, or Battier...it would have been a really hard series on him.

Just not a good matchup to overcome the other team having the best player and more help.

Vs Pau...

18/11/3 on 62 TS% and more defensive impact. He would also have more of an advantage against Miami than Wade would against LA
    Really not sure about that, but it's more about the problems Wade is going to cause for Kobe. Because the Lakers are not winning that series without Kobe having a great series.

And I just don't see Kobe having a great series having to actually defend his position...while being guarded by 3 guys that can challenge him every play.

You know I love Gasol, but he isn't enough to push the Lakers over the top here. Not to mention I sadly think Bosh/Haslem/Anthony are being under-rated now...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    You know I love Gasol, but he isn't enough to push the Lakers over the top here. Not to mention I sadly think Bosh/Haslem/Anthony are being under-rated now...
    Lol yeah, I'm biased because of how shocked I was at a totally average (on O) center like Hibbert looking so great against them.. but that was more to do with his physical advantage down low. Pau has more of a skilled game.. Bosh did a pretty good job against Dirk with his length and lateral movement.

Lol yeah, I'm biased because of how shocked I was at a totally average (on O) center like Hibbert looking so great against them.. but that was more to do with his physical advantage down low. Pau has more of a skilled game.. Bosh did a pretty good job against Dirk with his length and lateral movement.
    Yea...good point.

And that is exactly why if they had a better version of Bynum...I would change my tune.

It's like the 10 vs 13 matchup...I don't even think it would be close. Not only because the Heat were clearly worse, but Bynum was better and healthier and play that Hibbert role.

In 09 vs 12...I just think Lebron was a little better than Kobe. Wade was still very good to great and I'd still take him over Gasol. And then the Heat actually had a team that could make Kobe work his ass off on both ends.

And while Gasol would have the advantage, Bosh/Haslem/Anthony could hold their own better than I think some are giving credit for.

Obviously we don't know for sure, but I think this hypothetical should be given to the Heat. I agree it would have been interesting and great to watch though...watching Kobe go against Wade, Lebron, and Battier all taking turns guarding him would have been so fun to see. Who knows...maybe Kobe gets hot and kills it...just never know for sure.