Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Tyreke and Blake Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    Have you even watched Blake Griffin this have you atleast looked at his stats outside of ppg/rpg/apg stats?
    Less steals, 3pt percentage and makes way down, homers way up and he rarely has a big game. Sorry fellas, if you come into the league impressing everybody, being more productive than the the top four greats at your position and then three years later you rarely have a big game. You simply have not progressed the way you should have. I'm not asking for anything unreasonable.

You all are sitting here telling me he's progressed to the point where he rarely has a big game. Great players have great and dominant games. Not one of you who disagreed with me has made a post about Griffin this year outside of his dunks. I haven't seen a game where I was impressed with him. Most of the games I seen CP3 and Jamal Crawford had the most impact which means there's room underneath for those who want to claim it. Chris Paul is the best pure point guard in the league and rocks an alias of Lob City. A superb shooting guard and the best PG are idea for most big men. He has to get rebounds. The way you all are talking like's he first team all defense. Amazingly, every game I see he's good, but he has no chance of making an all defensive team.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Less steals, 3pt percentage and makes way down, homers way up and he rarely has a big game. Sorry fellas, if you come into the league impressing everybody, being more productive than the the top four greats at your position and then three years later you rarely have a big game. You simply have not progressed the way you should have. I'm not asking for anything unreasonable.

You all are sitting here telling me he's progressed to the point where he rarely has a big game. Great players have great and dominant games. Not one of you who disagreed with me has made a post about Griffin this year outside of his dunks. I haven't seen a game where I was impressed with him. Most of the games I seen CP3 and Jamal Crawford had the most impact which means there's room underneath for those who want to claim it. Chris Paul is the best pure point guard in the league and rocks an alias of Lob City. A superb shooting guard and the best PG are idea for most big men. He has to get rebounds. The way you all are talking like's he first team all defense. Amazingly, every game I see he's good, but he has no chance of making an all defensive team.
    If you need evidence look at the Lebron like stretch Griffin had while CP3 was down the last 3 weeks. He put up something like 23 ppg, 10 rpg, 6 apg, 2 spg over 8 games. He's had at least 10 games this year where he has 20 points after 3 quarters but Clippers are blowing a team out by 20 so he doesn't play the 4th. Just lots of variables you need to factor in dude.

1. Way more talent around him, some shot happy guys like Crawford, Butler and Barnes.

2. He's no longer having the offense run through him every play like when he was a rookie. The offense runs through CP3 and when he feeds Blake a lot, Blake still dominates normally.

Blake's defense, shot, free throw shooting and post game are SIGNIFICANTLY improved which is why people are telling you despite the numbers he's progressed a bunch. 3rd year Griffin would destroy 1st year Griffin any day of the week. Like Nuggets said in his rookie year it was Blake and a bunch of okay players. Gordon was great but was injured 30+ games that year.

Not to mention as Nuggetsfan also said (I think he did at least) teams didn't really know how to defend Blake his rookie year. Now scouts and teams are ready for Blake every night so the days of single coverage are over. Teams that single cover Blake all game get demolished. PER 36 Blake is averaging 4 apg and 2 spg which is amazing for a PF.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    If you need evidence look at the Lebron like stretch Griffin had while CP3 was down the last 3 weeks. He put up something like 23 ppg, 10 rpg, 6 apg, 2 spg over 8 games. He's had at least 10 games this year where he has 20 points after 3 quarters but Clippers are blowing a team out by 20 so he doesn't play the 4th. Just lots of variables you need to factor in dude.

1. Way more talent around him, some shot happy guys like Crawford, Butler and Barnes.

2. He's no longer having the offense run through him every play like when he was a rookie. The offense runs through CP3 and when he feeds Blake a lot, Blake still dominates normally.
    Tim Duncan plays three less minutes per game and his team plays 12 players double digit minutes. His team has more blowouts. His point guard isn't a great set up PG and in fact is moreso a scoring PG. I know Duncan rebounds more and pretty sure he scores more. He also plays better defense. When KG went to Boston he had better talent around him than Blake did and played the same amount of minutes and was in a different hemisphere defensively. He was more productive in every aspect of the game.

Blake's defense, shot, free throw shooting and post game are SIGNIFICANTLY improved which is why people are telling you despite the numbers he's progressed a bunch. 3rd year Griffin would destroy 1st year Griffin any day of the week. Like Nuggets said in his rookie year it was Blake and a bunch of okay players. Gordon was great but was injured 30+ games that year.

Not to mention as Nuggetsfan also said (I think he did at least) teams didn't really know how to defend Blake his rookie year. Now scouts and teams are ready for Blake every night so the days of single coverage are over. Teams that single cover Blake all game get demolished. PER 36 Blake is averaging 4 apg and 2 spg which is amazing for a PF.
    I said that. You're using my help. Which isn't cool because a lot of you came at me.

By mid year Blake was getting doubled his first year. His mentality was more aggressive then so he was feared. With PF's aggression is 9/10th the law unless you are superskilled like Dirk. The Knicks didn't double Blake yesterday and he didn't crush them. His defense wasn't great. He had 4 assist and played 38 minutes. He had a good shooting night and was 17 and 12 in a full games work in a step up game because the rest of the front line (Butler, Odom, Hollins, Turiaf, Jordan) had 7 points in total on few attempts and about the same in rebounds. The Clipper back court was shooting great from three and from two point land. Its an ideal game for a dominant inside player. But it was a regular game I seen from Griffin.
    Last edited by Pointguard; 02-12-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Tim Duncan plays three less minutes per game and his team plays 12 players double digit minutes. His team has more blowouts. His point guard isn't a great set up PG and in fact is moreso a scoring PG. I know Duncan rebounds more and pretty sure he scores more. He also plays better defense. When KG went to Boston he had better talent around him than Blake did and played the same amount of minutes and was in a different hemisphere defensively. He was more productive in every aspect of the game.

I said that. You're using my help. Which isn't cool because a lot of you came at me.

By mid year Blake was getting doubled his first year. His mentality was more aggressive then so he was feared. With PF's aggression is 9/10th the law unless you are superskilled like Dirk. The Knicks didn't double Blake yesterday and he didn't crush them. His defense wasn't great. He had 4 assist and played 38 minutes. He had a good shooting night and was 17 and 12 in a full games work in a step up game because the rest of the front line (Butler, Odom, Hollins, Turiaf, Jordan) had 7 points in total on few attempts and about the same in rebounds. The Clipper back court was shooting great from three and from two point land. Its an ideal game for a dominant inside player. But it was a regular game I seen from Griffin.
    Tony parker begs to differ.

Nobody is trying to say blake is better than prime KG. Timmy D is a top 3 big this year but that has no bearing on how well BG has been playing. Both guys are having great years.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

"Over his past 15 games, Griffin has averaged 4.9 assists, which ranks first among power forwards and centers."

This is astounding for a 3rd year PF who's considered raw and lacking in skills. Dude has the potential to be Barkley like in his prime. Last PF I saw this a passing game this good, this young was Chris Webber.

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

Third time all star... Op can eat a dikk

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

does YoungGrease still post here? LOL

National High School Star

Blake has improved a ton each season. He is so much better now than last year even. Defensively people said he would be a liability. No doubt that he will find his way to the all defense team a few times before he calls it quits.

What position are the kings even playing tyreke? He came in as a PG and i know he has played sg and sf as well. He will probably never have the stats of his rookie year, but injuries and switching positions definitely wont help

High School Varsity 6th Man Miles and Miles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    What position are the kings even playing tyreke? He came in as a PG and i know he has played sg and sf as well. He will probably never have the stats of his rookie year, but injuries and switching positions definitely wont help
    SG most of the time this year.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    If you went to a Clippers/Kings game and told somebody that two guys had the best rookies years in recent memory (20/5/5 and 22/12 something Magic and the 4 best powerforwards didn't do respectively) and only within the past 4 years, it would be confusing to no end. Cousins? Isiah?

Blake probably is a better player but he's got to start getting back to domination mode. I for one never believe, a third best player is dominant - 90% of the time they are sophisticated role players. Everybody has dominant minutes but until dominant games are on the regular - you can't say a player is dominant. Better is only worth something if it is used. And we've seen players (Kareem), lose their taste for rebounding.

Aggression is more than half the story.

Check this and think about it:
    Faried, isn't the same player as Blake. Blake is a better player, better skills, more polished, better offensively, better at most things. Faried is the more aggressive player. Faried wins more games for his team - primarily because his niche for rebounding is really needed and he knows his limitations extremely well. Faried outplayed Blake in their last game and Faried is more likely to influence the outcome of the games, primarily because of the way they are used. H2H doesn't mean a lot but Faried still is the player that is more likely to have an explosive game in general and is even more consistent in what you can expect from him. Better without manifestions of being better is most of the time a useless concept.

So I'm not a big fan of Blake's a better player this year while having relatively few outstanding games. Its similar to saying he's better for a few minutes per game - just not the whole game. Excellent players have excellent games. Blake needs to have better games.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Tony parker begs to differ.

Nobody is trying to say blake is better than prime KG. Timmy D is a top 3 big this year but that has no bearing on how well BG has been playing. Both guys are having great years.
    You know Tony Parker isn't on the level of CP3 in relation as a set up guard.

BG should be better than KG and TD in the hustle aspect of the game (defense and rebounding), and you know he isn't. These guys are five or six years off of their prime and 13 years his senior. Blake's rookie year (points and rebs wise) was like an average year in KG and TD's prime. Three years later TD, is 36 and amazingly has a clear advantage in output. That isn't the way progress looks.

You know Tony Parker isn't on the level of CP3 in relation as a set up guard.

BG should be better than KG and TD in the hustle aspect of the game (defense and rebounding), and you know he isn't. These guys are five or six years off of their prime and 13 years his senior. Blake's rookie year (points and rebs wise) was like an average year in KG and TD's prime. Three years later TD, is 36 and amazingly has a clear advantage in output. That isn't the way progress looks.
    you keep throwing out these hard stat's as proof one guy played better than another. So many things influence a guy's statline. Just watching the games Blake is so much better than he was in his rookie year. If anything you are overrating him by his inflated rookie year stats

High School Varsity 6th Man Miles and Miles's Avatar

Drop the stats. The Clippers are 37 and 17 and in first place. The Kings are 19 and 33. So Blake is doing fine and Tyreke is not.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    "Over his past 15 games, Griffin has averaged 4.9 assists, which ranks first among power forwards and centers."

This is astounding for a 3rd year PF who's considered raw and lacking in skills. Dude has the potential to be Barkley like in his prime. Last PF I saw this a passing game this good, this young was Chris Webber.
    I can't even describe how ridiculous it is to compare him to Barkley