Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Default Re: Connecticut Huskies fan thread

The refs made that game boring by calling so many fouls on both teams. Uconn's team athleticism and defense is crazy. They just need to continue to improve their flow and ball movement on offense. Hopefully, we can beat oklahoma or memphis on friday.

I hear ya. Man, tonight we get to battle a Memphis team that looks good. This is going to be a good test for us. If we can beat Memphis, this will be huge for us. A good quality win so early in the season. Man, talk about a morale booster.

Go, Huskies!!!

Not looking too good. UCONN 0 Memphis 10.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    Not looking too good. UCONN 0 Memphis 10.
    Memphis is running n gunning baby! Uconn isnt getting back on defense. Memphis is just pushing it...heck Uconns defense overall is just getting to thier spots 1 second too late and against an athletic, speedy team like Memphis? You cant do that. Plus Memphis defense is really pressuring the hell out of Uconn.

I would say Uconn needs to buckle down and force Memphis to keep shooting as opposed to attacking the rim. Gamble their shots stop falling.

Thabeet is one lanky mofo...not saying it in a BAD way but just lookin at his size and his arms...its like watching a freak from lord of the rings. Just incredibly long...wonder his wingspan, has to be ridiculous.

Yeah, Thabeet is pretty lanky. We are coming back, but we can't get that far behind against a team like Memphis.

And I agree, at the start of the game Memphis had us on lock down. We were confused and shaking like Don Knotts out there. But we have made some adjustments and now we have to buckle down on defense (like you said).

I hope that we can get this win!!

Come on, Huskies!!!

NBA Superstar

41-40 UConn at the half.

Rose last 2 plays = sick sick sick sick sick

Uconn back in it.

Banned

thabeet ****ing sucks, i remember a year ago draftexpress had him going in the lotto and he's looking like jerome james.

uconn is having trouble stopping Douglas-Roberts....But Jerome Dyson's dunk on that dude on memphis was SICK.

Made that high school varsity squad

im pulling for uconn. would be nice to have State be one of the last few teams undefeated although there are like 200 Div I teams that are undefeated at the moment haha (including uconn)

Edit:

thinking about years ago when state was one of like the last 10 teams undefeated and they lost to tulane

Quote Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
    thabeet ****ing sucks, i remember a year ago draftexpress had him going in the lotto and he's looking like jerome james.
    Man, I was hoping that after a summer of working with the Dream and Okafor, Thabeet would have improved some. It seems that he is still a little timid out there.

I still can't believe that people were thinking of drafting him. Or they had him going high in the NBA draft last year, wow.

Man, Memphis is tough. They had just too many weapons for us to stop. Well, the good part about this game was, we get a chance to see how well we match up with top quality teams in the NCAA.

This loss will either make us grow up. Or make us go into a shell, in which we will struggle all year to come out of. I hope that it is the first option. I am glad that we played a team like Memphis so early. This way we get a true idea of what we have on the court and we can work with that.

Go, Huskies!!!

We get to battle Gardner Webb, again, on Tuesday. Like I said before, I do not under estimate this Gardner-Webb team. They have great talent and can beat any team on any given day.

Let's go, Huskies!!!

I don't underestimate them either, but I'm predicting a blowout. UCONN is probably very motivated after the Memphis game, and Gardner Webb is probably mentally drained.

Made that high school varsity squad

I never caught the memphis uconn score what was it. I think I went to bed at half