Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: OKC Thunder Draft Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I'll say it again.

They don't need a major improvement. they need a guy like Meeks. That is all.

WB/Reggie
    Meeks/Lamb
    Durant/Jones
    Ibaka/Collison
    Adams/Perk

That is the team favored to win the title.
    Don't put it past Scott Brooks to **** shit up. I'm already expecting the exact same coaching mistakes that happened this year to also take place next year.

Banned

Brutal draft for the thunder.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    Seems as though they got who they wanted?

It isn't about assembling the best group of scorers, it's about having the best team.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    Yeah just like all of the other years. Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, Steven Adams. LOL none of those guys were atop the ESPN experts draft board wtf are these idiots thinking?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Don't put it past Scott Brooks to **** shit up. I'm already expecting the exact same coaching mistakes that happened this year to also take place next year.
    That team would have won the title last year.

Brooks was good enough to get that team a title last year. And with Lamb, Jones, and Adams improving by the playoffs this year...they'll be even better.

They just have to figure out a way to find a sg that can play 25 or so minutes per game with Lamb. It shouldn't be this ****ing hard...especially when you had 2 first round picks and Perkins' expiring contract.

Why didn't they just take Hood in case they can't find their guard? Hood/Lamb would be great and it saves them money from having to pay someone to come in.

These teams make so many dumb ****ing mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I'll say it again.

They don't need a major improvement. they need a guy like Meeks. That is all.

WB/Reggie
    Meeks/Lamb
    Durant/Jones
    Ibaka/Collison
    Adams/Perk

That is the team favored to win the title.
    Meeks is a pretty major improvement. They didn't make a move to acquire Afflalo when they had the chance, what makes you think they'll go for Meeks?

NBA Superstar

I'm not totally sure that an Afflalo trade would have worked out cap wise, but if it would have....

Then Presti is just blind to his own ignorance at this point. Probably the best talent evaluate in the league in regards to drafting but absolutely shit at hiring a head coach and composing a team of two way players that all fit well together

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    Meeks is a pretty major improvement. They didn't make a move to acquire Afflalo when they had the chance, what makes you think they'll go for Meeks?
    Nothing. I have no faith in the Thunder making the right move after this past season when it was so ****ing obvious they had to do something at guard.

I don't know...maybe they learned their lesson?

Who knows...Presti just lost his mind last year.

I loved the Harden deal, but running with Thabo, Fisher, and Butler last year was so ****ing terrible.

You had a 4 million dollar expiring deal in Thabo, a 1 million dollar expiring deal in fisher...and 2 first round picks. And you don't do anything when Afflalo and Meeks are just sitting there?

Jesus...Meeks could have been had for Fisher and a 2nd round pick early on last year I bet. Definitely their 29th pick and Fisher...

And then you have the inside track on signing him.

I don't even care that much, but it just is so infuriating that these teams **** themselves over so often.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

FWIW: Serge Ibaka ranked No. 39 player in NBA by ESPN when drafted

Huestis pick is OK could call it even a good one, I think we did well considering the players left at #29. Hope McGary pans out well or land us an adequate trade.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    I'm not totally sure that an Afflalo trade would have worked out cap wise, but if it would have....

Then Presti is just blind to his own ignorance at this point. Probably the best talent evaluate in the league in regards to drafting but absolutely shit at hiring a head coach and composing a team of two way players that all fit well together
    Definitely would have worked.

Thabo 4 million
    Fisher 1 million
    Jones 1 million

That is 6 million right there.