Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Scottie Pippen: Underrated/Overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I didnt say Wade is a bad midrange shooter. Id say neither is good enough to trump the other. I also didn't imply he wasnt clutch. But Ive seen nothing frim him that would trump Pippen. In fact, his teams have underachived.

I think you need to take time and read posts thoroughly. You twisted a lot of my points

I don't think I twisted them, unless you think I got them twisted.

Mostly, I think all of those posts (obviously, not just yours) are missing context.

For all the credit Pippen get for winning 55 games, lets give some credit to Horace Grant. The team was 34-31 the very next season without Grant before MJ comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    For all the credit Pippen get for winning 55 games, lets give some credit to Horace Grant. The team was 34-31 the very next season without Grant before MJ comes back.

Grant had his best season in 1994. It was more than just him tho, the team wasn't as good the next year...and they couldn't sustain that pace. Not to mention Armstrong going out and Harper coming in. Not as good a fit. But yes, you're right on Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Grant played a huge role on the Bulls and it showed. They had no real interior defense. and all their bigs battled injuries the whole season.

When you think about it, The Bulls lost Jordan, Pippen, And Rodman for a considerable amount of time. And really were able to not lose much if anything. Them losing Grant REALLY hurt them in 95.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I don't think I twisted them, unless you think I got them twisted.

Mostly, I think all of those posts (obviously, not just yours) are missing context.
    Perhaps you didnt intentionally twist my statement. It just didnt seem as if you really took the time to comprehend my point.

I also feel Im more than fair and use context in my posts. Its not as if I just throw something out there and dont back it up.

Whoah10115 you look like an imbecile when you call me an idiot despite agreeing with most of my points in this thread. Don't be mad because I owned you in previous threads.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Whoah10115 you look like an imbecile when you call me an idiot despite agreeing with most of my points in this thread. Don't be mad because I owned you in previous threads.

Stop it.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 01-31-2013 at 12:05 AM.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Or do you feel he is rated where he should be? I have seen a lot of posters say he doesn't get his due for the Bulls' success. Even one (retard) going as far as saying he was better than Magic/Bird. And some hardcore Jordan worshipers say that Jordan made him the player he was. Which side you you lean on?
    He is rated correctly for most of the time. He's a top 10 SFs of all time, one of the top 50 GOAT players and one of the best defenders of all time.

That guy who says he's better than Magic/Bird, is exactly what you said, a retard.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Pippen was a damn good player, but he is overrated like a mf'er on this board. People like to point out his all around peak years(5-6 year window)..but if you do that with other guys, they seem to put up better/similar numbers, while being the oppositions main priority....Pippen had a 1 1/2 year window of being the man...he got to the second round of the playoffs and was on the verge of missing the playoffs the following year. Apparently this is a knock on other greats, but on here its as if Pippen won two titles. Pippen was the best small forward of the 90's, top 10-12 player of that era, but he was not 2nd best to Jordan.

Drexler: 24.2 pts/6.8 reb/6.1 ast

Pippen: 20.4 pts/7.5 reb/ 5.9 ast

You wanna talk about context Whoah? This is a response from OSB when I asked him who hed take between Pippen and Mchale

They're about equal in terms of impact. Different, but roughly equal. McHale brought insane scoring and efficiency in the post and good man defense and great team defense and shotblocking.
    Now heres context both were put in similar situations. Mchale and the Celtics lost Bird 6 games into the season in 89. They replaced Bird with Reggie Lewis. Who was a damn good forward. The Celtics struggled to stay above .500 in an expansion year which netted them an extra 8 wins at the hands of those expansion teams. Then got their ass handed to them by them in the first round. Mchale had his normal stats. Had a sevicable replacement for Bird, had most of his championship team, in an expansion year.

Basically, alll the things Ive seen him hold against Pippen hes excused Mchale on. And Mchale was in a much better situation to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    Pippen was a damn good player, but he is overrated like a mf'er on this board. People like to point out his all around peak years(5-6 year window)..but if you do that with other guys, they seem to put up better/similar numbers, while being the oppositions main priority....Pippen had a 1 1/2 year window of being the man...he got to the second round of the playoffs and was on the verge of missing the playoffs the following year. Apparently this is a knock on other greats, but on here its as if Pippen won two titles. Pippen was the best small forward of the 90's, top 10-12 player of that era, but he was not 2nd best to Jordan.

Lol a knock on other greats? Every other day Wade, James, and Bryant get pases for what they did in 09, 07, and 06. Jordan gets a pass even though he did squat before he got sufficient help.

Even more, forget what everyone else says. Do you judge everyone fairly?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis

I wasn't going to post anything in this thread as we've all argued this whole thing to death and it's just boring, but Drexler and Pippen were actually really similar as far as scorers. The Main difference is that Drexler played in those high paced up tempo Blazer offense's and Pippen played in the slow, half court, triangle offense. He could have scored just as much as Drexler if he you replaced him on those Blazer teams running and gunning as he was at his best in the open court as a scorer. That's putting aside the fact that Pippen was vastly superior defensively too. I've always said that I found the whole Jordan vs Drexler hype in the 92 finals silly as the two best players were on the Bulls. Pippen was better than Drexler.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 01-31-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I wasn't going to post anything in this thread as we've all argued this whole thing to death and it's just boring, but Drexler and Pippen were actually really similar as far as scorers. The Main difference is that Drexler played in those high paced up tempo Blazer offense's and Pippen played in the slow, half court, triangle offense. He could have scored just as much as Drexler if he you replaced him on those Blazer teams running and gunning as he was at his best in the open court as a scorer. That's putting aside the fact that Pippen was vastly superior defensively too. I've always said that I found the whole Jordan vs Drexler hype in the 92 finals was silly as the two best players were on the Bulls. Pippen was better than Drexler.
    Its funny. Pippen dominated Drexler in that fourth quarter of game six in 92. And the Blazers had that 15 pt lead going in. And yet they still refuse to get their head oit of the sand

You wanna talk about context Whoah? This is a response from OSB when I asked him who hed take between Pippen and Mchale

Now heres context both were put in similar situations. Mchale and the Celtics lost Bird 6 games into the season in 89. They replaced Bird with Reggie Lewis. Who was a damn good forward. The Celtics struggled to stay above .500 in an expansion year which netted them an extra 8 wins at the hands of those expansion teams. Then got their ass handed to them by them in the first round. Mchale had his normal stats. Had a sevicable replacement for Bird, had most of his championship team, in an expansion year.

Basically, alll the things Ive seen him hold against Pippen hes excused Mchale on. And Mchale was in a much better situation to succeed.

Well, some people are stuck on what they want to be stuck on. Pippen was better than McHale. As far as you go, I disagree with the points on Magic. I think that's insane. Magic could pretty much as he pleased, in just about every facet of the game.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Its funny. Pippen dominated Drexler in that fourth quarter of game six in 92. And the Blazers had that 15 pt lead going in. And yet they still refuse to get their head oit of the sand
    He didn't dominate shit, lucky I'm on my phone, I posted a in one of ur previous pip threads and showed he didn't do what u claim