Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground daballa13's Avatar

Default Re: Chris Paul is starting to test my patience

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Okay so.... you guys know I've defended him to a fault. Even prior to him being on the Clippers I loved his game and defended him from people underrating him. That being said what we've seen from him this season is completely unacceptable.

Chris Paul should be BETTER this year with more weapons around him and an offseason with the team. Yet he is worse in every way, literally. Blake has his own problems but in Blake's defense he's barely starting his third season and hasn't had good coaching or big men mentors.

I know Blake is still inexperienced and raw. Chris on the other hand doesn't have that excuse. In his 7th season now, extremely cerebral and intelligent player yet continues to make poor decisions. Somehow came into the season out of shape despite being in impeccable shape just a month or two earlier.

I never thought I'd mention low IQ in a sentence with CP3 but the last few games he's made multiple low IQ plays that had me yelling at the TV "WTF are you doing!?".

Every player is allowed to have bad games but to have relatively low impact in 12 games now? I feel like Bledsoe has a larger positive impact on the team 75 percent of this season so far. Superstars and top 5 players shouldn't be pulling this kind of crap.

Lazy defense, more turnovers than usual, poor shooting compared to last year, looks slow as sh** on offense and can't hit shots. I feel like his idea of creating shots this year is bowling into players and getting called for a charge.
    Blake Griffin is an unskilled super athlete who will never be an elite big man. That's just the simple and plain truth.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Lopez is physically slow/soft. He isnt as aggressive or coordinated at throwing around his weight as Blake, but hes a much more cerebral and mentally composed player. Blake likes to play the tough guy role but hell never open his mouth and actually say or do anything.. just whine and bitch and stare at the refs. And then when people bark and fight back he folds like a chair.

Blake's talent>> but hes too stupid to utilize it like he should. I wouldnt even care about his mental fragility if he didnt try to display the complete opposite in a totally fake manner.
    This is so misinformed. Blake doesn't play the tough guy role at all. Staring at a player after a poster dunk is common in this league. The only times he's gotten into anything is when he gets cheapshotted so not sure how you can be a fake tough guy when all you're doing is losing your cool. He's not trying to bully or instigate anybody and never has.

The only thing he can realistically do when people fu** with him is punch somebody but he doesn't seem to have that mentality. I know if I was him I would do it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

This is so misinformed. Blake doesn't play the tough guy role at all. Staring at a player after a poster dunk is common in this league. The only times he's gotten into anything is when he gets cheapshotted so not sure how you can be a fake tough guy when all you're doing is losing your cool. He's not trying to bully or instigate anybody and never has.

The only thing he can realistically do when people fu** with him is punch somebody but he doesn't seem to have that mentality. I know if I was him I would do it.
    idk.. blake looks like he has that younger brother syndrome look on his face at all times.. staring blankly and hardly at all times always trying to prove everyone wrong. He needs to mellow out and compose himself.

And Im not saying to stop being aggressive. I'm saying when he dunks on somebody, instead of staring at them and giving a indirect, passive aggressive taunt actually SAY something. If you're going to have the balls to punk or embarass someone after you dunk on them you have to go Shawn Kemp all in and actually do it. Point at them yell at them go gary payton on them. Stop tippy toeing around what you're trying to do and people will respect you more.

And if he doesnt want to do that then just run back to the other side of the court and celebrate with your teammates without giving any notice to the guy you just dunked on.

There's a reason players have problems with the guy. They know he wont ever follow through on his displayed attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    idk.. blake looks like he has that younger brother syndrome look on his face at all times.. staring blankly and hardly at all times always trying to prove everyone wrong. He needs to mellow out and compose himself.

And Im not saying to stop being aggressive. I'm saying when he dunks on somebody, instead of staring at them and giving a indirect, passive aggressive taunt actually SAY something. If you're going to have the balls to punk or embarass someone after you dunk on them you have to go Shawn Kemp all in and actually do it. Point at them yell at them go gary payton on them. Stop tippy toeing around what you're trying to do and people will respect you more.

And if he doesnt want to do that then just run back to the other side of the court and celebrate with your teammates without giving any notice to the guy you just dunked on.

There's a reason players have problems with the guy. They know he wont ever follow through on his displayed attitude.
    People have problems with him because he's dunking on them left and right and gives staredowns. They also don't like how physical he is in the paint. It has nothing to do with him randomly being a dick or bully because he's not. Besides the "antics" we are talking about haven't been seen from Blake since the end of season last year. Starting with the playoffs last year the staredowns, flops and trash talk are almost completely gone from his game.

Which quite frankly I hate. I feel like he's conformed to what people want him to be rather than playing the game his way. Trying to go the Amare route of becoming a jumpshooting big who plays passive often times is NOT what Blake should be doing. He needs to tell everybody to fu** off and man up. You can tell the criticism has gotten to him because dude doesn't even attempt dunks anymore. It's disappointing as sh**.

This isn't the 90's anymore. If Blake pulls the Liston move he gets techs. You're expecting him to play like 90's Kemp when a lot of the grit is outlawed now.

2-8 shooting tonight with only 11 points going into the 4th . When will this bullsh** fu**ing end?

Back to Business

Okay so.... you guys know I've defended him to a fault. Even prior to him being on the Clippers I loved his game and defended him from people underrating him. That being said what we've seen from him this season is completely unacceptable.

Chris Paul should be BETTER this year with more weapons around him and an offseason with the team. Yet he is worse in every way, literally. Blake has his own problems but in Blake's defense he's barely starting his third season and hasn't had good coaching or big men mentors.

I know Blake is still inexperienced and raw. Chris on the other hand doesn't have that excuse. In his 7th season now, extremely cerebral and intelligent player yet continues to make poor decisions. Somehow came into the season out of shape despite being in impeccable shape just a month or two earlier.

I never thought I'd mention low IQ in a sentence with CP3 but the last few games he's made multiple low IQ plays that had me yelling at the TV "WTF are you doing!?".

Every player is allowed to have bad games but to have relatively low impact in 12 games now? I feel like Bledsoe has a larger positive impact on the team 75 percent of this season so far. Superstars and top 5 players shouldn't be pulling this kind of crap.

Lazy defense, more turnovers than usual, poor shooting compared to last year, looks slow as sh** on offense and can't hit shots. I feel like his idea of creating shots this year is bowling into players and getting called for a charge.
    first of all cp3 is in his 8th season.lol

second of all why u worried about the regular season.....imo cp3 has never been a regular season kinda guy but if u look at every time he has made the playoffs he has looked like isiah thomas.

i can remember two years ago when he went up against the lakers in the first round and he literally put the hornets on his back and made it a six game series.

clippersfan look man stop b.i.t.c.h.i.n. cp3 will be fine

Very good NBA starter

This is one of my biggest criticisms with Chris Paul. That's why I pay no attention to the stats nerds that say Chris Paul is the best PG in the league and top 5 of all time blah blah blah. He has that ability to kick his game into another gear but doesn't consistently do it. It seems he'd rather protect his percentages. I'd rather have Chris Paul average 20 and 10 on 45% shooting than 15 and 10 on over 50%

I usually hit open layups

Clipper fans are so spoiled. Did you forget that you were a 32 win team prior to Paul's arrival? What's with the sense of entitlement? CP3 has turned the Clippers into a contending team and you're worried about a couple of regular season losses?

CP3's method is tried and true. It's proven to be a successful recipe and he has done year after year with the Hornets with much less. Losing a couple of measly games in the regular season and you're already calling for his heads with pitchforks. Unbelievable.

He's not going to look to press or burn himself out early in the season. He's running a marathon not a sprint. He's on cruise control until February when playoff seeding begins.

If you knew anything about Paul, He'd take an assist over a bucket 10 out of 10 times. If you ever watched him on the Hornets, he would defer in the final minutes as much as he would take over and shoot himself. David West knows this all too well and has always benefited from it.

Don't expect him to hog all the shots in the final minutes as that's never been his M.O. and will never do it consistently. Don't expect it to change. He'll throw you a bone or two when the match up calls for him to attack but don't expect to see it consistently until the games have meaning.

Local High School Star LakersForlife's Avatar

like i said clips are a second round at best just like last year.they got nothing outside paul.maybe crawford but thats it

Local High School Star Ol Dirty Bastard's Avatar

He has been off at times but still shows his brillance most of the times.

This road trip was bad for him. He just needs to shoot the ball when he has that open look rather than always pass it out.

Quote Originally Posted by supe12sta12z
    Clipper fans are so spoiled.
    Spoiled by what? A few decades of mediocrity?

NBA lottery pick

CPIII is the LeBron of PGs.

Dude has not been the same since the day he got sonned by that caveman.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Can't believe clipper fans are whining about Chris Paul.

FFS guys, Chris Paul is like top 3 PG in the league right now, and you guys are complaining.....

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    This is one of my biggest criticisms with Chris Paul. That's why I pay no attention to the stats nerds that say Chris Paul is the best PG in the league and top 5 of all time blah blah blah. He has that ability to kick his game into another gear but doesn't consistently do it. It seems he'd rather protect his percentages. I'd rather have Chris Paul average 20 and 10 on 45% shooting than 15 and 10 on over 50%
    This is a clown comment bro. Chris Paul cares about stats and percentages?? Paul is perhaps the most selfless superstar in the league. All he cares about is winning. If he doesn't "kick his game into another gear" on a regular basis it's because 1. He's resting his knees or 2. It's the REGULAR SEASON or 3. Both.

He IS the best point guard in the league, and, as long as his knees hold up for the remainder of his career (Perhaps unlikely), he'll go down as the 3rd/4th greatest point guard of all time....right there with Isiah.

People saying I'm entitled or spoiled need to understand that it's only because last year right out of the gate CP3 was dominant. Even in his bad games his impact was huge. This year he just looks so average at times... where he can't do ANYTHING right. His impact is significantly less despite most of his games being good statistically.

Last year literally 9 out of 10 times down the stretch CP3 took over games. This year he's been the main man responsible for meltdowns late in games. It's such a night and day difference, I can't help but be pissed about it. People keep saying he will get back to it.... but 13 games is enough to say somebody is struggling or not struggling. If he turns it around I'll go back to praising him but for right now I'm not happy.

He's our best player, was the clutchest player in the NBA last year and has always been a great closer. So seeing him choke time and time again worries me.