Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Lebron in the 1990's

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    30-34 yr old Dominique Wilkins avg. 26-30ppg/ 6-9rpg from '90-'94. Please tell me why a prime Lebron would be any worse than that.
    He wouldn't, and he's obviously the vastly superior passer, ball-handler and defender. Although I wouldn't say Nique's age is relevant because he was a better player than ever in the early 90's, especially '93. Smarter and more under control with more range on his jumper.

I see Lebron scoring anywhere from 25-30 depending on his team, anywhere from 6-8 boards(more size in the paint and less missed shots might bring his rebounds down slightly) and 6 or so assists if he was scoring close to 30, not because he wasn't capable of more, but because I'm not sure he'd be as ball-dominant. Though that's on a good team, and we have to consider the faster pace, and Lebron has always been unstoppable in transition. He'd get his easy baskets, and make some great passes that didn't rely on him being ball-dominant.

So 27-28 ppg with 7-8 rpg and 7-8 apg isn't far-fetched, imo. It all depends on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I think his game would be a mixture of Clyde and Nique. Somewhere along those two.
    He's a better ball-handler than both, and a lot stronger/heavier, plus he's easily the best defender of the 3. A much better passer than Nique too, and still a better passer than Clyde, though the gap isn't as large because Drexler was a great passer.
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 02-14-2013 at 04:28 PM.

30-34 yr old Dominique Wilkins avg. 26-30ppg/ 6-9rpg from '90-'94. Please tell me why a prime Lebron would be any worse than that.

My generation is turning into our parents. They always told us stories of how every single thing they did was harder "back in the day." They had to "walk uphill in the snow with no shoes" to go everywhere. We are doing the same thing. Now we are acting like every star today would lose 5ppg, 2rpg, 1apg, and 3-5% points off their fg% because everything was "so tough" just 20 years ago. It's like all 82 games were played against the '89 Pistons or the '92 Knicks, or fouls weren't called if there wasn't blood when we know that's not true. We need to stop that.

There were good defensive teams and flat horrible and scrub teams defensively also. I remember complaining about superstars getting touch fouls called in their favor, and even remember other players complaining about the touch, questionable fouls that superstars were benefiting from.

Lol at the people acting like Lebron wouldn't get calls. He'd actually get more. Also what exactly is stopping Lebron from straight up dunking on the C whos standing in the key? Lebron would yam on any wannabe big man trying to anchor

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

My generation is turning into our parents. They always told us stories of how every single thing they did was harder "back in the day." They had to "walk uphill in the snow with no shoes" to go everywhere. We are doing the same thing. Now we are acting like every star today would lose 5ppg, 2rpg, 1apg, and 3-5% points off their fg% because everything was "so tough" just 20 years ago. It's like all 82 games were played against the '89 Pistons or the '92 Knicks, or fouls weren't called if there wasn't blood when we know that's not true. We need to stop that.

There were good defensive teams and flat horrible and scrub teams defensively also. I remember complaining about superstars getting touch fouls called in their favor, and even remember other players complaining about the touch, questionable fouls that superstars were benefiting from.
    Nique played in the paint, Bron not so much

7-time NBA All-Star

[QUOTE=andgar923]Nique played in the paint, Bron not so much

The 90's had shitty wings. He would be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234

He's a better ball-handler than both, and a lot stronger/heavier, plus he's easily the best defender of the 3. A much better passer than Nique too, and still a better passer than Clyde, though the gap isn't as large because Drexler was a great passer.
    I agree, but you misunderstood what I meant.

I mentioned he'd be a mixture due to their styles.

If you watch Clyde and Bron they have a similar way in which they play. They both sorta put their head down and drive the same, they both have similar face up game, not very diverse might I add. The Nique comparison is due to their size and some of their athleticism, and form (shooting form, dribbling, some moves etc.) If you watch them move, it can be eerily similar in the way they move, jump, attack. Even their spin moves are very similar.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Dominique is probably the most underrated player on this forum.

College superstar

[QUOTE=andgar923]Nique played in the paint, Bron not so much

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

For the first half of the 90's, at least, he would be a superior player statistically. Defenses were weaker and the game was a little faster. Overall though, the game has barely changed since. LeBron would still kick just as much ass, if not more so, given that the wing talent was weaker back then.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Nique shot a lot of jumpers too. He was crafty with his post game and floaters, but Lebron has been posting up more and looks improved in the post, and he attacks the basket regularly. Why do you think he shoots such a high percentage?
    Bron is just starting to get his mid range game and post up game to the level that Nique had since he was young dude. Nique's post game>>>> Bron's mid range game is also in Nique's favor.

Yes he started to expand his jumper later on, that edge goes to Bron. But that's why Nique was able to be more efficient and score as he did, cause he was closer to the basket, had better post game and mid than Bron.

I agree, but you misunderstood what I meant.

I mentioned he'd be a mixture due to their styles.

If you watch Clyde and Bron they have a similar way in which they play. They both sorta put their head down and drive the same, they both have similar face up game, not very diverse might I add. The Nique comparison is due to their size and some of their athleticism, and form (shooting form, dribbling, some moves etc.) If you watch them move, it can be eerily similar in the way they move, jump, attack. Even their spin moves are very similar.
    And yet prime/peak Drex was better than Nique. Drex was a Jordan-lite...and Bron is better (and would be better back then too) than Drex ever was. I remember games where announcers would debate whether Drex was just as good as Jordan (which was silly...but still). Bron would be absolutely just as dominant if not more due to a watered down league.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

One thing people Forget is that players of the 90's are not as Big or strong as today physically. Artest a SF was as BIg as Barkley a PF..and Lebron has his way with Artest. Lebron would stand out even more if he was this big and explosive playing against skinny guys. I mean yesterday there was a ton aot Jordan highlights and back than Jordan was considered Big and strong for his position but seriously looked Skinny compared to some of todays players.

Now a Cavs fan again

Hmm….

I think his game would be a mixture of Clyde and Nique. Somewhere along those two.

Again as I stated, still an all star, but with reduced numbers and efficiency than today. Easier to guard than he is today.
    Nique? Clyde?

This is the equivalent of saying Jordan would be a mixture of Harden/Ginobili, or Shaq would be a mixture of Dwight/Lopez if they played today. Still all-stars... but worse numbers/easier to guard. (neither of which is true obviously)

This topic is a joke. LeBron is unguardable, a genetic anomaly the likes of which the league has never seen. He is also a 42% 3-point shooter with a highly refined midrange and post game. He is an open court freight train and bolt of lightning at the same time.

Basically, he's the perfect player and cannot be stopped, contained, made worse etc. He would crap all over the 1990's.

Dunking on everybody in the park Djahjaga's Avatar

/Thread.