Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: Garnett+Pierce+Kirilenko

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    A lot of hate for the Nets calling them old. I'm not for or against them, but I am interested in seeing how they perform.
    What's funny is the oldest teams in the league are the best.
    Miami and NY were the two oldest last year. Miami won 66, NY exceeded RS expectations with 54 wins.

This year's list of 10 oldest teams:

Miami Heat
    Brooklyn Nets
    New York Knicks
    San Antonio Spurs
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Dallas Mavericks
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Indiana Pacers
    Chicago Bulls
    Memphis Grizzlies

Meanwhile KG, PP and Terry missed all off 22 games last year.

What were the worst injuries last year?
    Not to old guys.. to players like

Westbrook
    Rondo
    Love
    D.Rose
    Wall
    Beal
    Afflalo
    Irving
    Waiters
    L.Williams
    Melo
    Bynum
    Gallinari

And some old guys
    Dirk
    Gasol
    Kobe

But generally it seems old guys know how to take care of themselves.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Kirilenko drew every hardest assignment last season. Every team they played he lined up against their best player except for the boring @ss PG teams which Rubio stalled them all out.

Man screw AK for leaving the Wolves. lol nah i wish him lots of luck & fun too with his FREAKING Nets

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Heat are a horrific matchup for the Nets. They haven't lost a series in the East since being put together, and you need to be able to play at their level of athleticism at least somewhat (now) to compete with them. The Nets are really slow, to compete with them the Nets will need to kill them on the board, otherwise the Heat will run out on every miss. The Pacers are a different kind of team than the Nets. I think Nets/Pacers/Heat is rock paper scissors just like ChuckOakley said.
    Nets can beat Pacers (3-0 last year, 1 game without Deron, 2 other game no Wallace to guard George)

Nets can beat NY (2-2 last year, 1 loss no Lopez and Kidd hits the 3 with the kick, Nets have gotten much better)

Nets can beat Chicago (3-4 in the playoffs but they addressed every reason why they lost to the Bulls)

Nets cannot beat Miami... but those other 3 teams have a chance.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Nets can beat Pacers (3-0 last year, 1 game without Deron, 2 other game no Wallace to guard George)

Nets can beat NY (2-2 last year, 1 loss no Lopez and Kidd hits the 3 with the kick, Nets have gotten much better)

Nets can beat Chicago (3-4 in the playoffs but they addressed every reason why they lost to the Bulls)

Nets cannot beat Miami... but those other 3 teams have a chance.
    If any team is going to beat Miami this season, it's the Nets with their size, versatility, inside and out play, spacing and leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    If any team is going to beat Miami this season, it's the Nets with their size, versatility, inside and out play, spacing and leadership.
    Doubt it. Indy came the closest a got better.
    Miami blew us out each time.
    We thought we had a chance because our biggest strengths at PG and C were their biggest weakness and it got us nowhere. Those are still our biggest strengths but Bosh, Andersen and Oden can handle Lopez.

Doubt it. Indy came the closest a got better.
    Miami blew us out each time.
    We thought we had a chance because our biggest strengths at PG and C were their biggest weakness and it got us nowhere. Those are still our biggest strengths but Bosh, Andersen and Oden can handle Lopez.
    When we played the Heat last season, Deron was still injured and we still had scrubby forwards. I think people are underestimate the impact that Peirce and Garnett will have on this team just by STANDING ON THE COURT. Last years forwards were so awful that this team will look completely different compared to last season. Plus we'll have real coaches that know what the word pass means and know how to design a championship caliber defense in Lawrence Frank. I'm telling you man, the only way you'll be able to tell that we're watching the Nets is the jersey.
    Last edited by The JKidd Kid; 09-29-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    When we played the Heat last season, Deron was still injured and we still had scrubby forwards. I think people are underestimate the impact that Peirce and Garnett will have on this team just by STANDING ON THE COURT. Last years forwards were so awful that this team will look completely different compared to last season. Plus we'll have real coaches that know what the word pass means and know how to design a championship caliber defense in Lawrence Frank. I'm telling you man, the only way you'll be able to tell that we're watching the Nets is the jersey.
    Deron was healthy for the last game and played much better under PJ and we still got blown out by 20.
    I don't doubt we have a much improved team but taking out one of the best teams of all time with one of the best players of all time is not going to be easy.

Deron was healthy for the last game and played much better under PJ and we still got blown out by 20.
    I don't doubt we have a much improved team but taking out one of the best teams of all time with one of the best players of all time is not going to be easy.
    I know it won't be easy, but we have all the pieces needed to beat them, all we have to do is put them together, which I believe(hope) Kidd will be able to do.

I can't see how people say honestly Nets beat Heat. Maybe things change two levels beyond what we know and then you can say it at that time but right now it makes no sense to me. Those games, the Nets were leading in some of them and Lebron just basically decided he was bored and now it ended, and the Heat would roll from that point.

As for age on the Celtics, i don't think games missed is any indicator. I think how they looked vs. the Knicks is. Terry/Pierce were done. Garnett was playing well but on fumes. Garnett is the one i think they can pace so he's ok but the other two are just really old in their movement. So slow. Kidd vs. Garnett in minutes will be fun to watch and a good issue IMO because it will force Kidd to take control and not let KG do what he wants.

Good High School Starter

Even if Pierce and Garnett are very slow and just the shadows of what they once were, they are replacing Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans in the starting lineup of a 49 win team. That team had three huge weaknesses: Leadership, Defense and on the offensive end: Floor spacing.

Pierce and Garnett, however old and slow they are, they certainly bring heart, passion and leadership.
    The addition of Garnett in itself is already huge defensively, but Pierce is a good defender too, and they also added AK47.
    As for floor spacing check these shooting stats:
    Wallace:
    At the rim: 0.547% (122/223)
    3-10 ft: 0.393% (22/56)
    10-16 ft: 0.00% (0/6)
    16ft-3pt: 0.250% (12/48)
    3pt+: 0.297% (57/192)
    Pierce:
    At the rim: 0.591% (163/276)
    3-10 ft: 0.305% (29/95)
    10-16 ft: 0.451% (87/193)
    16ft-3pt: 0.379 (80/211)
    3pt+: 0.369 (156/423)
    Evans:
    At the rim: 0.543% (108/199)
    3-10 ft: 0.353% (24/68)
    10-16 ft: 0.222% (2/9)
    16ft-3pt: 0.250% (2/8)
    3pt+: -
    Garnett:
    At the rim: 0.724% (113/156)
    3-10 ft: 0.412% (77/187)
    10-16 ft: 0.482% (93/193)
    16ft-3pt: 0.469% (167/356)
    3pt+: 0.111 (2/18)
    Last edited by fefe; 09-30-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fefe
    Even if Pierce and Garnett are very slow and just the shadows of what they once were, they are replacing Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans in the starting lineup of a 49 win team. That team had three huge weaknesses: Leadership, Defense and on the offensive end: Floor spacing.

Pierce and Garnett, however old and slow they are, they certainly bring heart, passion and leadership.
    The addition of Garnett in itself is already huge defensively, but Pierce is a good defender too, and they also added AK47.
    As for floor spacing check these shot charts.
    Wallace -> Pierce

Evans -> Garnett
    Those charts are enlightening.

I wish people would stop saying the Nets got better. NO SHIT. Really? You have to be the worst basher/hater to think the Nets didn't get siginficantly better. I don't think they'll win a title because i don't think enough guys will have enough left to win 4 rounds. My opinion. But countering that with how much the Nets got better, of course they got better. Only douches like Wild09/FreshKid/MissBella would tell you otherwise (depending which team they are trolling).

Title is the point, not better.

It's a fun discussion to have though as a Net fan no? If you are a title winner or not?

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Those charts are enlightening.
    Thanks for quoting, I would have never realized myself that it didn't work :P.

Quote Originally Posted by fefe
    Thanks for quoting, I would have never realized myself that it didn't work :P.
    I think your chart represents the ideal shot distribution for Wallace and Evans.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Sorry you have to putup with that slut bella, niko