Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Offseason plan

College superstar

Default Re: Offseason plan

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    I don't see the Kings giving up on Cousins yet.

Also don't see them taking on the contracts of our overpaid guys.

Love is the guy that I would target as well if we're going to try to make a major deal for an established star player.

His rebounding is outstanding and along with Noah he would already make our really good rebounding team undoubtedly the best in the league for sure for years to come. His outside shooting would help open driving lanes for Rose, Butler and Deng. All of those guys would also be able to drive and kick to Love. Love is the perfect pick and roll big man. He sometimes gets criticized for being too much of a shooter as a big man but he is also very capable of banging down low. He is also an excellent passer which Noah is as well. So not only would we have the best rebounding C-PF combo in the league but also the best pass C-PF combo in the league.

Rose
    Butler
    Deng
    Love
    Noah

Competes for championships for however long they are together.
    Add some three point shooting and some size to the bench and we're set.
    I prefer Cousins over Love. That being said, you're right that Sac probably wouldn't give him up, particularly for the contracts being offered. It really all depends on how the FO views him. Is he an immensely talented, but flawed (head-case) player, on whom they are willing to give up? Or do they still view him as their future?

As for trading for Love, and then your proposed lineup of Rose, Butler, Deng, Love, Noah... Who are we trading to get Love? Boozer and who? A pick and the rights to Mirotic? I'd love that trade. Love it. We lose absolutely nothing of consequence... which means that the other team is not that likely to accept. ...Unless David Kahn is still GM.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I prefer Cousins over Love. That being said, you're right that Sac probably wouldn't give him up, particularly for the contracts being offered. It really all depends on how the FO views him. Is he an immensely talented, but flawed (head-case) player, on whom they are willing to give up? Or do they still view him as their future?

As for trading for Love, and then your proposed lineup of Rose, Butler, Deng, Love, Noah... Who are we trading to get Love? Boozer and who? A pick and the rights to Mirotic? I'd love that trade. Love it. We lose absolutely nothing of consequence... which means that the other team is not that likely to accept. ...Unless David Kahn is still GM.
    Boozer, Mirotic and the Charlotte pick.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    Boozer, Mirotic and the Charlotte pick.
    If I were Wolves GM I'd laugh at that offer... but I don't value unproven "assets" as much as most (stupid) GMs do. And quite frankly, Boozer's contract is bad enough where most teams would insist on a pick anyway, just for taking him off our hands.

I just don't understand trading a good star player (Love) for assets.... which you hope turn in to a good star player. Why trade away what you ultimately want the assets to turn in to? Makes no sense, unless you're rebuilding.. but then look at how Love is locked in for a couple more years, and the team has a solid young nucleus. Just doesn't make sense to me.

If I were Wolves GM I'd laugh at that offer... but I don't value unproven "assets" as much as most (stupid) GMs do. And quite frankly, Boozer's contract is bad enough where most teams would insist on a pick anyway, just for taking him off our hands.

I just don't understand trading a good star player (Love) for assets.... which you hope turn in to a good star player. Why trade away what you ultimately want the assets to turn in to? Makes no sense, unless you're rebuilding.. but then look at how Love is locked in for a couple more years, and the team has a solid young nucleus. Just doesn't make sense to me.
    They have a solid nucleus that won't make any big waves unless they make some moves. Rubio/Love/etc is a good combo but nothing that will ever sniff a title.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    They have a solid nucleus that won't make any big waves unless they make some moves. Rubio/Love/etc is a good combo but nothing that will ever sniff a title.
    Rubio, Love, Pek may "never sniff a title" so long as their supporting cast stays the same...

But what happens if/when they add quality SG and SF to the rotation, plus a strong backup big man?

Every team needs 2-3 stars (Wolves potentially have 2, depending on Rubio's development) and some strong complimentary pieces (Wolves currently only have 2.. Pek and Ridnour as a great PG off the bench). They are lacking more in complimentary than they are in star, IMO.

Edit: Sign: Redick, Iggy, Barnes, Dalembert. Suddenly they have a solid rotation. If Rubio develops into a star (aka: Shoots 42-47%, hits 35-40% from 3, maintains assists and steals) then that's a pretty formidable lineup

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Wolves aren't really going anywhere. I think they need to rebuild and the Bulls offering them a good deal for Love would make sense. Honestly, I don't care about Mirotic. Yeah, he seems like a solid player. But he's yet to play in the NBA. If the Bulls get a chance to package him in a deal for a proven superstar player like Kevin Love I would really hope they would take it.

Noah
    Love
    Deng
    Butler
    Rose

That's a possible championship next season. Miami would get DESTROYED by that lineup. They'd have absolutely no answer for a front court of Love and Noah and Rose will dominate them at the point guard position and Butler will stop Wade. Deng does a great job on LeBron. I would freaking love to see that lineup next season.

Rubio, Love, Pek may "never sniff a title" so long as their supporting cast stays the same...

But what happens if/when they add quality SG and SF to the rotation, plus a strong backup big man?

Every team needs 2-3 stars (Wolves potentially have 2, depending on Rubio's development) and some strong complimentary pieces (Wolves currently only have 2.. Pek and Ridnour as a great PG off the bench). They are lacking more in complimentary than they are in star, IMO.

Edit: Sign: Redick, Iggy, Barnes, Dalembert. Suddenly they have a solid rotation. If Rubio develops into a star (aka: Shoots 42-47%, hits 35-40% from 3, maintains assists and steals) then that's a pretty formidable lineup

Not saying they are scrubs because I kinda like all three of their games but compare that team with the top 3 or 4 teams of the NBA every year and they don't measure up. Having those three as your team's best is not going to make any waves in the NBA it looks like.

I heard Igouldala could opt out and become a FA this offseason. What if the Bulls traded Deng + Boozer + Mirotic + Charlotte's pick for Love and then signed Igouldala?

C: Noah
    PF: Love
    SF: Butler
    SG: Igouldala
    PG: Rose

Love has said to be very frustrated with the situation in Minnesota. He's been there for a number of years and hasn't really had any success. Being on the Olympic Team and being an All-Star has had him being surrounded by a lot of other star players who have all done some winning in this league or at least been to the playoffs a couple of times. Sure Rubio is a decent player, but I don't see him ever being an All-Star.

Love wants to play with another star and him and Derrick have a good relationship and even train together in the offseason.
    I'm not saying Love coming here would happen because of these reasons, but it is a possibility.

Minnesota would be willing to trade him if they believe he's inclined to leave them they won't want to lose him for nothing.

Boozer will be a big expiring contract and in the mean time can still produce a double-double on a team like the Wolves.
    Mirotic is a young guy with some potential who plays on the Spain national team with Rubio I believe. If Love leaves Rubio will be the face of the franchise and they will want to keep him happy. Bringing in Mirotic might do just that.
    Charlotte pick could end up being a very high pick in a high quality draft.
    I would even throw in an additional future 1st of ours.

Not saying it would definitely 100% be accepted. But I don't think the Timberwolves laugh at this offer by any means. I think they would strongly consider it.

Seems Orlando might be willing to trade Afflalo.

They're in complete rebuild mode.

Maybe they'd do it for Richard Hamilton and a future 1st so they could buy out Rip's contract and get away from Afflalo's.

College superstar

In reference to the multiple Love responses... I will never agree with teams trading young stars for unproven assets. I understand why they do, and I understand that most WILL do it, it is just the most illogical trade possible in my mind. So while the trade posted, and the multiple explanations of it, make perfect sense based on our current NBA and the decisions that have been made before... I just believe it would be really stupid for Minnesota to do that. Again, though, I'm not their GM. And I would LOVE it for the Bulls. I'd be happier as a Bulls fan than I have been in a long, long time.

Short of the aforementioned blockbuster for Love, though, Redick is my preferred target. I think he'd do really well on our team, and in our schemes. Just need to figure out how to get him.

In reference to the multiple Love responses... I will never agree with teams trading young stars for unproven assets. I understand why they do, and I understand that most WILL do it, it is just the most illogical trade possible in my mind. So while the trade posted, and the multiple explanations of it, make perfect sense based on our current NBA and the decisions that have been made before... I just believe it would be really stupid for Minnesota to do that. Again, though, I'm not their GM. And I would LOVE it for the Bulls. I'd be happier as a Bulls fan than I have been in a long, long time.

Short of the aforementioned blockbuster for Love, though, Redick is my preferred target. I think he'd do really well on our team, and in our schemes. Just need to figure out how to get him.
    Getting Redick would be nice. Again, it opens up a chance for the Bulls to trade Luol Deng. Butler can start at the 3, Redick at the 2.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Getting Redick would be nice. Again, it opens up a chance for the Bulls to trade Luol Deng. Butler can start at the 3, Redick at the 2.

Would love that. And I think Sac is a good destination for Deng, in the sense that they're a young team with tons of "me" players... Luol is a solid guy and player, and would fit in well without demanding anything. ....And I really like Thornton as a player, and want him on the Bulls.