Page 149 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4999139146147148149150151152159 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2487
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Might be referring to Shabazz Mohammad who is a crafty offensive minded player in the mold of Michael Beasley, only less "public" drama.
    Good player but might have some mental issues, violated rookie orientation policy by bringing a prostitute to his room.
    His 2nd year a few years back, he averaged 13 pts in just 22 mins/game but have been declining since.
    I think Lakers would be better off finding a 6-4 to 6-6 SG/SF who can hit an open 3 from the G-League or a Jr/SR from the college ranks.
    Most GM's are so focus on finding those very young rooks with high ceilings, Lakers might get lucky finding another Josh Hart late in the draft.
    We need a backup PG. Not another Josh Hart. KCP would be a good Josh Hart if he could keep him for the MLE or at least another year.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    We need a backup PG. Not another Josh Hart. KCP would be a good Josh Hart if he could keep him for the MLE or at least another year.
    Yes, you are right, Lakers need a good backup PG I don't see a lot of good prospects out there in the draft hopefully I am wrong.
    I find it interesting tho that you ALSO penciled KCP at the PG when he played that position for 2% of his career. https://www.basketball-reference.com...caldwke01.html
    Lakers next season:
    PG: Ball | KCP (1 year deal) | Cavs draft pick
    SG: George (Max) | Hart
    SF: Ingram | Mohammad (1 year deal) | Wear
    PF: Randle (16 mill) | Kuzma | Deng
    C: Zubac | Bryant
    Not sure if you know but the Wizards have been relatively good without Wall and not putting in a natural PG in his place.
    Lakers were also figuring it out a few games before Lonzo came back.
    If there's a 6-4 PG out there who can play defense and hit the open shot, then yes, I would like the Lakers to get him.
    Who do you have in mind?
    Right now I just see guys like Grayson Allen who can fit that need.
    Guys like Trier might be available. I like the Lakers to invite hard nose defenders like USC's Elijah Stewart for the SPL.

NBA lottery pick

I would imagine the Lakers are looking at guys that we haven't really heard of before kind of like last year lol.

I think PG13 would be a great start along with Kuzma improving further as our 6th man. We need Ingram to consistently knock down the 2s, which he is well on his way. Randle will not develop range, and he shouldn't force it imo. Hart is well on his way too as a 3-and-D guy. But we must not forget Lopez; he was one of our key players this season & his ability to spread the floor we will miss quite a bit.

We obviously can't keep Lopez due to the sheer cost. So we could also use a center from draft who can spread the floor a bit like Lopez. It doesn't necessarily have to be a 3pt hitting center but has to be able to push out to the high post/free throw line area consistently. I wish there was someone coming out of the draft like that who needs couple years to develop and so can fall into the 20s.

After seeing how shaky and streaky Lonzo's shot has been, we need the other guys on the floor to be able to shoot. We need 3 people who can shoot out there at all times. You guys were right that we don't have the right team for DeAndre Jordan. We can't have Jordan, Randle and Lonzo out there together. Defense would be sick - top 3-5 defense in the nba easily- but our offense would plummet.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I think PG13 would be a great start along with Kuzma improving further as our 6th man. We need Ingram to consistently knock down the 2s, which he is well on his way. Randle will not develop range, and he shouldn't force it imo. Hart is well on his way too as a 3-and-D guy. But we must not forget Lopez; he was one of our key players this season & his ability to spread the floor we will miss quite a bit.

We obviously can't keep Lopez due to the sheer cost. So we could also use a center from draft who can spread the floor a bit like Lopez. It doesn't necessarily have to be a 3pt hitting center but has to be able to push out to the high post/free throw line area consistently. I wish there was someone coming out of the draft like that who needs couple years to develop and so can fall into the 20s.

After seeing how shaky and streaky Lonzo's shot has been, we need the other guys on the floor to be able to shoot. We need 3 people who can shoot out there at all times. You guys were right that we don't have the right team for DeAndre Jordan. We can't have Jordan, Randle and Lonzo out there together. Defense would be sick - top 3-5 defense in the nba easily- but our offense would plummet.
    Not sure if you guys know that the top 8 players in the mock draft are all 6-8 or taller, meaning most teams with cap space like Dallas, Orlando etc would probably not need Randle= less demand= less pressure for the Lakers to offer him a huge contract. Of course, you don't want to low ball him because he'll probably might stop working hard etc
    If they can get Julius for a reasonable price, IMO, he can hold his own at the Center spot, Kuzma then would be the floor spacer at the 4.
    Then, they should have some money to build the bench, guys like Avery Bradley, or a Will Barton, find a diamond in the rough guy who can hit open 3's and play tough defense from the G-league or a senior/Jr from the 2nd round.
    I like Trier from Arizona, for them to invite Elijah Steward of SC.

Not sure if you guys know that the top 8 players in the mock draft are all 6-8 or taller, meaning most teams with cap space like Dallas, Orlando etc would probably not need Randle= less demand= less pressure for the Lakers to offer him a huge contract. Of course, you don't want to low ball him because he'll probably might stop working hard etc
    If they can get Julius for a reasonable price, IMO, he can hold his own at the Center spot, Kuzma then would be the floor spacer at the 4.
    Then, they should have some money to build the bench, guys like Avery Bradley, or a Will Barton, find a diamond in the rough guy who can hit open 3's and play tough defense from the G-league or a senior/Jr from the 2nd round.
    I like Trier from Arizona, for them to invite Elijah Steward of SC.
    Randle at the 5 can work in modern nba.

I am hoping to have following lineup next season:
    Randle
    Ingram
    Kuzma
    PG13/Hart
    Lonzo

Hart 6th man off the bench along with possibly Avery Bradley off the bench. I am still not sold on Kuzma defensively so I might prefer starting Hart over Kuzma and moving PG13 to the 3. Kuzma would be a 6th man of the year candidate every year ala Manu Ginobili for years. Avery Bradley might be looking for a starting position so could start him too and move PG13 to 3. Many possibilities.

I believe that team is enough to get into the playoffs as 6th/7th seed. We would still need another star to become a title contender tho. Then there's the issue of the Warriors. We would have no chance of getting past them until Klay leaves.

One other option is taking the risk on Cousins and signing him for less than the max.. Coming off major injury. Good idea or too dangerous? Cousins, Randle, ingram, PG13, Lonzo could be devastating even to the Warriors. Kuzma/Hart off the bench. That team would be top 3-4 in the West probably just below Warriors, Houston and Portland/Timberwolves with healthy Butler.

Yes, you are right, Lakers need a good backup PG I don't see a lot of good prospects out there in the draft hopefully I am wrong.
    I find it interesting tho that you ALSO penciled KCP at the PG when he played that position for 2% of his career.
    Not sure if you know but the Wizards have been relatively good without Wall and not putting in a natural PG in his place.
    Lakers were also figuring it out a few games before Lonzo came back.
    If there's a 6-4 PG out there who can play defense and hit the open shot, then yes, I would like the Lakers to get him. Who do you have in mind?
    The 2018 PG free agent crop isn't great. No names really jump out from the list.

As you said, the Lakers have played quite well without a true PG for stretches. I can imagine a scenario where they indeed bring KCP who has been a lights out shooter and one of the team's best defenders back on another big one year deal. George, Ingram and Kuzma (needs to develop better ball handling) can also make plays so it makes more sense to not need a true backup PG.

PG: Ball | KCP
    SG: George | Hart
    SF: Ingram | Cavs draft pick | Wear
    PF: Randle | Kuzma | Deng

We would have our closer in PG with all of the young guys developing. It's VERY important for Zubac to extend his range to the 3pt line so we have three shooters at all times on the floor. Randle/Ball obviously can't shoot consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    The 2018 PG free agent crop isn't great. No names really jump out from the list.

As you said, the Lakers have played quite well without a true PG for stretches. I can imagine a scenario where they indeed bring KCP who has been a lights out shooter and one of the team's best defenders back on another big one year deal. George, Ingram and Kuzma (needs to develop better ball handling) can also make plays so it makes more sense to not need a true backup PG.

PG: Ball | KCP
    SG: George | Hart
    SF: Ingram | Cavs draft pick | Wear
    PF: Randle | Kuzma | Deng

We would have our closer in PG with all of the young guys developing. It's VERY important for Zubac to extend his range to the 3pt line so we have three shooters at all times on the floor. Randle/Ball obviously can't shoot consistently.
    I'm sorry I just don't see KCP facilitating at the PG spot, he is much better curling, cutting to his sweet spots etc.
    Ingram is an adequate Point forward but that will take him away from his strength of penetrating in the middle etc.
    There are a few non flashy mature PG's out there, low ceiling but lower risks prospects, hopefully in the mold of a Malcolm Brogdon.
    There was a site projecting the Lakers to take Landry Shamet of Wichita State. He is listed 6-4, therefore can switch and should not a much liability on defense. Here is his youtube link.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ-WSJlsiV8
    Guy has really good range and has 70 games under his belt.
    I like Villanova's PG Jalen Brunson, he looks solid might be too short.

I'm sorry I just don't see KCP facilitating at the PG spot, he is much better curling, cutting to his sweet spots etc.
    Ingram is an adequate Point forward but that will take him away from his strength of penetrating in the middle etc.
    There are a few non flashy mature PG's out there, low ceiling but lower risks prospects, hopefully in the mold of a Malcolm Brogdon.
    There was a site projecting the Lakers to take Landry Shamet of Wichita State. He is listed 6-4, therefore can switch and should not a much liability on defense. Here is his youtube link.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ-WSJlsiV8
    Guy has really good range and has 70 games under his belt.
    I like Villanova's PG Jalen Brunson, he looks solid might be too short.
    Call me crazy but if we can get George, I think of Brandon Ingram or Kyle Kuzma being the go to facilitator for the second unit ala Iguodala. That means you then just need a good 3pt shooter/defender at that backup PG. KCP or even Ian Clark could fit the mold

I'm not too up on the draft this year so unsure about those prospects you mentioned. But hey, if the Lakers can nab another gem in the draft, even better

Guys.. guys.. What about Nerlens Noel???

Noel
    Randle
    Ingram
    PG13
    Lonzo

Kuzma/Hart off bench

Yes, we wouldn't have 2 max players, but I don't think 2 max players was ever realistic.. Just a pipe-dream. Noel could be long-term solution at center, growing with the team.. Still young and he can play solid defense. He can push out to high-post 10/12ft out

Guys.. guys.. What about Nerlens Noel???

Noel
    Randle
    Ingram
    PG13
    Lonzo

Kuzma/Hart off bench

Yes, we wouldn't have 2 max players, but I don't think 2 max players was ever realistic.. Just a pipe-dream. Noel could be long-term solution at center, growing with the team.. Still young and he can play solid defense. He can push out to high-post 10/12ft out
    Noel is not a bad pick up esp for the right price but the biggest decision maker with this is Luke Walton.
    I can't imagine Mitch Kupchak not consulting Walton about signing Mozgov and yet Luke put him in the dog house.
    Brook Lopez actually has been really good in defensive stats, blocking shots, , LEADS THE LEAGUE in contesting shots/36 mins, top 2 in constested 2's/game
    https://stats.nba.com/players/hustle-leaders/
    and yet played less than 25 mins/game in his first FIVE months here (less than 20 mins Dec, 17 mins in January)
    Not sure if Luke have finally found a solution bec Lopez is finally playing more mins this month.
    My biggest concern is finding that back up PG. I'm sorry but I just don't think Ennis and Caruso are adequate esp when Ball doesn't play.

Noel is not a bad pick up esp for the right price but the biggest decision maker with this is Luke Walton.
    I can't imagine Mitch Kupchak not consulting Walton about signing Mozgov and yet Luke put him in the dog house.
    Brook Lopez actually has been really good in defensive stats, blocking shots, , LEADS THE LEAGUE in contesting shots/36 mins, top 2 in constested 2's/game
    https://stats.nba.com/players/hustle-leaders/
    and yet played less than 25 mins/game in his first FIVE months here (less than 20 mins Dec, 17 mins in January)
    Not sure if Luke have finally found a solution bec Lopez is finally playing more mins this month.
    My biggest concern is finding that back up PG. I'm sorry but I just don't think Ennis and Caruso are adequate esp when Ball doesn't play.
    We will probably draft someone as backup pg. Hart can also play some decent minutes defensively at the 1 with Ingram running the point. PG13 can run the point too if we land him. Randle as well, Kuzma to a degree too. I'm not worried about the 1 at all.

I'm more worried about what to do at the 5. Lopez would be too expensive to keep.. Around $20mil/yr is too much to pay him. I'm not sold on Zubac. I have too many questions of starting Randle at 5. Thomas Bryant is a long-term project we might not see for another 2 years.

We will probably draft someone as backup pg. Hart can also play some decent minutes defensively at the 1 with Ingram running the point. PG13 can run the point too if we land him. Randle as well, Kuzma to a degree too. I'm not worried about the 1 at all.

I'm more worried about what to do at the 5. Lopez would be too expensive to keep.. Around $20mil/yr is too much to pay him. I'm not sold on Zubac. I have too many questions of starting Randle at 5. Thomas Bryant is a long-term project we might not see for another 2 years.

This is what you said in message #2226(look up), dated March 23:
    Randle at the 5 can work in modern nba.

I am hoping to have following lineup next season:
    Randle
    Ingram
    Kuzma
    PG13/Hart
    Lonzo
    There's not a lot of teams now that have centers that wreak havoc inside.
    Top teams like GSW, Houston, Cleveland, Toronto etc, don't focus on pounding the ball inside , but yes, there are some teams out there who can pose problems.
    Lopez is a smart fellow who probably have same most of his money. Also, I do believe his asking price is only as good as teams willing to pay him and there's not a lot of teams out there who will use their precious salary cap on a big guys. Detroit and Memphis has 2 of the best and most expensive centers in the league and they're not exactly working out great.

Dwight Howard is VERY close to his career numbers this season and....barely making any impact with his 20.3 PER, 17pts/12rebs/game.
    I would like Lopez to re-sign but if not, Noguera or Noel should be adequate IMO.
    I can't imagine Boston staying afloat with the absence of Kyrie without Rozier

Home of the 16

With Brook at 5, the spacing has been great all season — make or miss. I would not mind if they resign Brook if they struck out this offseason. Spacing. Spacing. Spacing.

@tamaraw

Yeah, I guess I am not full sold. Randle isn't quite able to close off the lanes. I have seen too many opponents drive into the paint at will when Randle occasionally is playing 5. He is good defender horizontally and man-on-man but not much of a vertical player. Hard to explain but Randle isn't much of a blocker because he doesn't have the hops or vertical length like Lopez/Zubac.

I guess it can still work but I don't expect Randle being able to close down the lane in post defense as last line of defense. Draymond Green actually has vertical game so GSW can still be fine with Green at the 5 closing off the lane as last line of defense. Randle never had a vertical game, and he probably never will.