Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Pacers and Warriors Brawl/PUSHING MATCH

Players getting suspended now for pushing and shoving? King Stern at it again...

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    Damn, Stephenson just learned the price of keeping it real, he's definitely gonna feel that one.

I bet he asks David Stern to donate his fine to the Lance Stephenson charity

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/sta...84334906912770
    https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status...79325414764544

1 game suspension each for Hibbert and Lee. I think it's retarded guys are suspending over freaking pushing, but at least they didn't do anything really stupid length wise.

Also $35k fines for each of Curry, Thompson, and Stephenson.
    Nothing for Jack for pushing Hibbert into the stands?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Nothing for Jack for pushing Hibbert into the stands?
    Or West. Jack also pretty blatantly just shoved a camera guy on his ass. I don't get the Stephenson fine, yeah he was in there but didn't do anything more than the other guys that didn't get fined.

Awesome. Indiana will be missing Hibbert for the Clippers. Sucks. Would have been a great win too.

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

If the Pacers can some how pull off a win against the Clippers they will go a long way into putting some fear into the league as far as their depth goes. I don't know how they'll pull it off, but I think West is going to have to dominate and Granger will have to do more than just look agressive. He will have to be truly successful in his FG attempts instead of just being brave in taking them.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Holy **** he only got 26 games for knocking out one dude and nearly killing another?

Like at least one poster said, it WAS a different time with regard to fighting in the NBA in 1977. Fights broke out nearly every night; teams had "enforcers" (on-court bodyguards for their star players) and "hatchet men" (whose job it was to take the other team's best player out of the game, either by deliberately injuring him or by provoking him into a fight which MIGHT get one or both players ejected...notice I said "MIGHT" because fighting did not always result in ejections back then) among other types of tough guys. Some star players, like Golden State's Rick Barry, also got into a lot of fights in those days.

For example, the 1976-77 season alone saw 41 fights which each resulted in at least one ejection. There were many others (including some major incidents such as Houston's Calvin Murphy's beatdown of Boston's Sidney Wicks and a playoff fight between Golden State and Detroit that went into the Golden State stands TWICE) that had no ejections. Newspapers only bothered to mention fights where punches were thrown, which tells me that pushing/shoving/wrestling incidents were largely not mentioned because they were so numerous that they were considered a normal part of a game.

Then-NBA Commissioner Lawrence O'Brien only instituted fines going up to $10,000 for fighting for the 1977-78 season. Before that fines were much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by yobore
    If anyone should be suspended it's Curry and West (who got a shove on an assistant coach or something too). Curry escalated it and West came to the party late and just started shoving people.
    Nah I wouldnt give anything to Curry when it appears he was just grabbing Hibbert. Thats cool. What wasnt cool and maybe I saw wrong is West throwing punches at Curry. He should get suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Nah I wouldnt give anything to Curry when it appears he was just grabbing Hibbert. Thats cool. What wasnt cool and maybe I saw wrong is West throwing punches at Curry. He should get suspended.
    lol...what? How did you draw that conclusion?