Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Samurai Swoosh

Default Re: Is Steve Nash the greatest phoenix player ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    KJ's team went to the finals and pushed a legendary Bulls team to the brink almost.

Nash came over from the Mavs who went on to win a title without him.
    I know, thus my post. I know KJ's history, and Nash. Thanks for the knowledge, though.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    It's not, but you can't overlook 2 MVP, no matter how much people say they were undeserved.

If you take out the 2 MVPs, it's still slightly close goin by play, accolades, ect. But with the 2 MVP,s it's impossible to put him above Nash.
    If you put prime KJ on prime Nash there is no way in hell Nash could guard him. Check out KJ on YouTube for those who aren't hip to him he was one of the best slashers EVER. His mid range J was absolutely lethal.

Nash was no slouch either but imo Nash has a lot of games where his stats belie the fact that he got shit all over on defense which made one of the other perimeter players to guard his man which makes for team wide defensive disarray at times, and losses.

I'd rather have a guy who can guard his position, which is btw, half of the game of basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    I know, thus my post. I know KJ's history, and Nash. Thanks for the knowledge, though.
    So KJ takes the franchise to a bigger stage, scores more points in less games, has comprable numbers all around, and goes on to make the franchise look good in retirement by becoming a politician and Nash is more important how?

For getting two MVPs gifted to him?

Samurai Swoosh

So KJ takes the franchise to a bigger stage, scores more points in less games, has comprable numbers all around, and goes on to make the franchise look good in retirement by becoming a politician and Nash is more important how?

For getting two MVPs gifted to him?
    Look, I agree. I think KJ is the actual better basketball player. Thus why I said from an ABILITY stand point, I'd take KJ.

I mean, he tried guarding Jordan when he was zooming by Marjele, Tony Dumas, can you imagine Nash in the Finals taking on a task of guarding Jordan in order to negate penetration? Not a chance in hell.

But from a resume stand point, even if the MVPs were gifted out of context in transition years for the NBA when they wanted to get rid of the slow pace, half court ISO game, and back to free-flowing 80's style ball ... whatevers.

His resume, puts him right at the top of the Phoenix franchise, just below Chuck. KJ is absolutely, IMO the better player.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Nash in my opinion is not the best PG in Suns history. Let alone being the best player...

KJ's team went to the finals and pushed a legendary Bulls team to the brink almost.

Doesn't look like Nash is going to sniff the finals any time soon.
    Lol, Mavs go to the Finals after losing not only Nash, but Mike Finley and Jamison/Walker the year they joined.

What are you getting at?

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Look, I agree. I think KJ is the actual better basketball player. Thus why I said from an ABILITY stand point, I'd take KJ.

I mean, he tried guarding Jordan when he was zooming by Marjele, Tony Dumas, can you imagine Nash in the Finals taking on a task of guarding Jordan in order to negate penetration? Not a chance in hell.

But from a resume stand point, even if the MVPs were gifted out of context in transition years for the NBA when they wanted to get rid of the slow pace, half court ISO game, and back to free-flowing 80's style ball ... whatevers.

His resume, puts him right at the top of the Phoenix franchise, just below Chuck. KJ is absolutely, IMO the better player.
    I don't agree, but you make a damn good argument therefore I respect it. Props to you sir.

Samurai Swoosh

Nash was one of the top ten greatest, and most important players of the 2000's. On those merits alone, he's more important.

KJ was better, but he is not one of the top ten best, or most important players of the 90's.

If you put prime KJ on prime Nash there is no way in hell Nash could guard him. Check out KJ on YouTube for those who aren't hip to him he was one of the best slashers EVER. His mid range J was absolutely lethal.

Nash was no slouch either but imo Nash has a lot of games where his stats belie the fact that he got shit all over on defense which made one of the other perimeter players to guard his man which makes for team wide defensive disarray at times, and losses.

I'd rather have a guy who can guard his position, which is btw, half of the game of basketball.
    We all know Nash is a terrible defender, so was Barkley and a bunch of other great players.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Lol, Mavs go to the Finals after losing not only Nash, but Mike Finley and Jamison/Walker the year they joined.

What are you getting at?
    The brand of basketball a team must play to allow for Nash's great offense is not conducive to winning playoff games. He cannot guard his position. This is the FATAL FLAW in an otherwise superb player.

Barkley could be a good defender when motivated. Despite his flaws he is still undisputedly a top 3-5 PF and one of the best ever. To pick Nash over him imo would be tragic.

Imagine if KJ played in today's league where you can't hand check?

Bananas.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 02-03-2013 at 07:02 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    no way is kj in the same discussion as nash. its a dead heat between nash/barkley
    Uh...Kevin Johnson is not in the same discussion as nash? Kevin Johnson was an excellent player who's legacy was hurt by a body that kept breaking down, but at his best he is easily as good as Steve Nash at his best.

Yea, only 6 seasons later lol.

ill take KJ and Barkley before him any day

Decent playground baller dgaras's Avatar

nash hands down

ill wait for racist go getter to make his case a bit more for black players

Dunking on everybody in the park gin17's Avatar

the question, in my opinion, is not who is the best player ever to wear a suns jersey. the question is more like, if you hear the team of Phoenix Suns, you'd probably just hear Barkley's and Nash's names come out. they're the top of mind Suns players. If the Suns had only one player to describe the whole franchise, it's just between the two.