Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Bynum takes shot at Laker fans

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    LA is a lousy sports town like Miami is. Both the Lakers and Heat have terrible fans in the expensive seats while the passionate fans are always stuck with the cheaper seats, if they can get that.

Bro, even the "cheaper seats" are expensive. It's wild.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Bro, even the "cheaper seats" are expensive. It's wild.
    It's like that in Miami too (especially for big games), but I'm sure LA is more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Bynum questioning fans passion for the game?

Whether what he said is valid or not you just need to shut thee f*ck up. Or is it me? Because you still have to prove you can stay on the court long enough to help a team. So why run your mouth when you have to prove not only that but if you are a leader, franchise caliber player and most importantly have matured?

Funny coming from me as these were things Lakers fans said when Sixers landed the big Goof. I just think the year he had which was non existent he should keep his opinions to himself. Prove yourself then run your mouth and tell people to kiss your ass. Again, maybe its just me.

Sidenote: Are Cavs fans any more passionate than Lakers fans?
    This is how you make a move.

Good High School Starter

I agree that many fans in the LA area are pretty serious about their Lakers, but I also agree that the crowd in Staples center is pretty weak. Way less energy than at a Kings game - the past 3-5 years excepted. Warriors games, Trailblazers games, Jazz games, Celtics games... all way more passion than Lakers games.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Ya, uh huh. That' exactly what we say here in Miami/South Florida. But nobody wants to hear it.

Which is why I laugh every time the contingent of Laker fans on discussion forums take pot shots at Miami fans. Pot calling the kettle black.
    Sorry, but Laker fans, no matter where the seats, would not leave the game if it was game 6 of the NBA finals and they were within 20 points in the last five minutes.

Banned

The funny thing about people making fun of Los Angeles is that L.A. made the Lakers who they are right now.

Do you honestly think the Lakers would be this popular if they were still in Minnesota? Heck, they don't even support the Wolves.

It's because of L.A. that Magic's team were coined Showtime. A name and reputation that lived with the organization. With that, it came a winning tradition from Shaq to Kobe and to whomever in the future.

Without L.A. nobody would want to come to the Lakers.

Why do you think most players spend their summers in L.A., train and live here too.

Derrick Rose, KG and Melo have houses here. Lebron was just here. They love L.A.

Learning to shoot layups AndOn3's Avatar

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    he's right... laker fans at the games arnt the same as the ones watching at home..

half the crowd is just some hipster celebrities or wannabe's pretending to be fans

LA as a city is pretty wack

the lakers deserve better
    Ticks are too damned expensive. I go every year or two and always feel I bled all my money on the floor of Staples.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    The Lakers fans who can afford seats are all horrible fans. However, the city itself is quite passionate. CLE fans are the best fans in the world though when it comes to sticking through thick and thin.
    Raptor fans>>>

You can tell he knows how poorly Lakers fan think of that bum and is speaking out of butthurtness, never been so happy for a complete ahole to leave the organization, dwight comes second.

Yoy guys think for a second he would have thrown a line like that if he wasn't butthurt?
    Last edited by Mr. Jabbar; 07-25-2013 at 02:13 AM.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Laker fans are the most fickle bandwagon fans in the world, wtf are you guys smoking. Not only that but they're one of the dumbest fans there is. A large portion don't know shit about basketball outside their own team.

Wanna know how "loyal" they are?

They jumped on the Clippers' bandwagon as soon as they got big.

What you see displayed on tv is a true reflection of their overall fan base.

Somebody mentioned "cholos" earlier. Those beaners are loyal but also one of the dumbest most ignorant in the NBA. They don't follow basketball nor do they really care. They just watch laker games and that's it.

And then there's the 'Kobe' fans.

Now that's loyalty.

But also incredibly and embarrassingly idiotic.

Even some laker fans are embarrassed of them.

Dunking on everybody in the park hawke812's Avatar

We will vandalize our own city for the Lakers. What more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    Raptor fans>>>
    Yes, sir.

I actually think there are some good Laker and Heat fans on here, but yeah, definitely not as passionate as an entire city IMO.

He isn't lying.

I remember being asked to sit down and be quiet sitting in the 200s at a Laker game in the second half.

You cant really take Bynum's word at face value, he hasn't played basketball in a really long time.