Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: What are the chances Miami Heat Three-peat?

I say they are more likely not to 3-peat. Pacers and Bulls are legit chances to knock off Miami, the Nets could be in the conversation, who knows about the Knicks.

They have a huge target on their backs, and teams are building rosters to beat them.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

The Pacers are tough as hell and just got better over the offseason. But the Bulls and Nets don't have a shot. Derrick Rose does not have what it takes to lead Chicago to 4 wins in a series against Miami. And the team that had the best shot of knocking of knocking Miami out in the Finals in San Antonio played almost perfect and still lost.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    The Pacers are tough as hell and just got better over the offseason. But the Bulls and Nets don't have a shot. Derrick Rose does not have what it takes to lead Chicago to 4 wins in a series against Miami. And the team that had the best shot of knocking of knocking Miami out in the Finals in San Antonio played almost perfect and still lost.
    He doesn't have to. If you watched a game or two, you would know that they don't rely on a single player and utilise the Thibs system to be successful. You probably don't know how valuable new addition Dunleavy will be to this team and the natural improvement of their key players. But you keep underrating them, I'll enjoy watching you squirm in the game threads when the Bulls give Heat hell.

Sucks to be you to think that this team will be the same as the 2011 finals

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    He doesn't have to. If you watched a game or two, you would know that they don't rely on a single player and utilise the Thibs system to be successful. You probably don't know how valuable new addition Dunleavy will be to this team and the natural improvement of their key players. But you keep underrating them, I'll enjoy watching you squirm in the game threads when the Bulls give Heat hell.

Sucks to be you to think that this team will be the same as the 2011 finals
    This will be year 4 of hearing about how Chicago will beat the Heat in the playoffs.

This will be year 4 of hearing about how Chicago will beat the Heat in the playoffs.
    You guys might finally have to play a legit Eastern conference for once, instead of these injury-riddled teams.

You beat the Pacers in 7? Nice team and all, but no Hall of Famers in that team or Alltime greats. George might be something, but he's not there yet.

You hang on to beat old ass Spurs? Again, nice team but they are a shell of their former self.

It's been one year actually Silk, one year we were actually considered a healthy team and not injured

Where the fck did you get 4 years from?

You guys might finally have to play a legit Eastern conference for once, instead of these injury-riddled teams.

You beat the Pacers in 7? Nice team and all, but no Hall of Famers in that team or Alltime greats. George might be something, but he's not there yet.

You hang on to beat old ass Spurs? Again, nice team but they are a shell of their former self.

It's been one year actually Silk, one year we were actually considered a healthy team and not injured

Brushing off a championship as if its an easy accomplishment.

Saying all those teams sucked, yet no one else could beat them.

They're favorites this season so I'd say a pretty good chance.

I don't need to defend the Heat's title run. They have won back to back championships and have a great chance for a 3rd. Why don't you save all the excuses/hypotheticals and come back when the Bulls actually beat this Heat team in the playoffs. Until then you can have fun whining like a little bitch in every thread about the Heat

And the team that had the best shot of knocking of knocking Miami out in the Finals in San Antonio played almost perfect and still lost.
    San Antonio played almost perfect? Manu Ginobili was almost perfect ?

Dude was so ****ing horrid that spurs fans were accusing him of point shaving lol

knickz has a real hard-on for my posts. The 2010 offseason was 3 years ago. Let it go that LeBron didn't want to sign with your team.

I don't need to defend the Heat's title run. They have won back to back championships and have a great chance for a 3rd. Why don't you save all the excuses/hypotheticals and come back when the Bulls actually beat this Heat team in the playoffs. Until then you can have fun whining like a little bitch in every thread about the Heat
    When I first read this, I automatically thought of Lebron's "Check my stats" If you don't get my line of thinking on this, maybe you should chat with the April 2013 posters...

While I won't go as far as to say that it's not impressive to win championships, of course it is and I do think Heat had to play some good ball to win. However, were they tested against worthy teams reflecting a proper championship run? I wouldn't think so.

Jury is still out, irrespective of back-to-back championships, as crazy as that sounds...If they win this year playing two healthy top east teams(Bulls, Pacers, Nets) then go on to win championship, I'd be happy to back down and say I was wrong...

When I first read this, I automatically thought of Lebron's "Check my stats" If you don't get my line of thinking on this, maybe you should chat with the April 2013 posters...

While I won't go as far as to say that it's not impressive to win championships, of course it is and I do think Heat had to play some good ball to win. However, were they tested against worthy teams reflecting a proper championship run? I wouldn't think so.

Jury is still out, irrespective of back-to-back championships, as crazy as that sounds...If they win this year playing two healthy top east teams(Bulls, Pacers, Nets) then go on to win championship, I'd be happy to back down and say I was wrong...
    So how far are you going to move the goal posts each year after Miami wins the title? Miami can 3 peat and you will be on here next year criticizing their run. You can't help it. The Heat butthurt flows through your veins. Only a 6% of survival if you're a Bulls fan....I hear...

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

Brushing off a championship as if its an easy accomplishment.

Saying all those teams sucked, yet no one else could beat them.

In your opinion, do you rate Bucks, Nate's Bulls, Pacers(George Hill a PG LOL) and old ass Spurs as anything worth a mention when measuring them up against finals opponents of the past? Ewing's Knicks? Payton's Sonics? Reggies Pacers? Hall of famers and legit teams right there with superstars in their prime.

Duncan 37? Bucks Nate's Bulls I think you see where I'm going with this.
    Last edited by poido123; 07-22-2013 at 09:47 AM.

In your opinion, do you rate Pacers and Heat as legit finals opponents when you think about Ewings Knicks? Payton's Sonics? Reggies Pacers? Hall of famers and legit teams right there with superstars in their prime.

Historically weak path

This era will be remembered as a rebuilding and tank for wiggins era. Lebron's time to solidify himself as a top 10 all time player was 2008-2010, where he choked in the playoffs every year, then formed a superteam and choked again

In your opinion, do you rate Pacers and Heat as legit finals opponents when you think about Ewings Knicks? Payton's Sonics? Reggies Pacers? Hall of famers and legit teams right there with superstars in their prime.

Ewing's Knicks? Are you really serious right now? They had one legit star who was better off as a #2 in reality with a bunch of 3rd-4th options asked to carry the scoring load. Their 2nd best player was John Starks Payton's Sonics are better version of the current Clippers. They would be contend but they aren't winning shit either in the era. Reggie's Pacers still aren't winning shit either. Hate to break it to you but the 90s are long gone. 2013 Spurs beat any of those teams.