Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Contrived, Preconceived Stat Padding (Kobe v.s. LeBron)

So he scores 30+ and people are complaining that he passed up shots?

Serious playground baller Jolokia's Avatar

It was a very good game for Lebron. Not a great game in my eye test. I do agree he was maintaining that % when he realized he was like 8-8. Still managed to go 13/14, which is very impressive. Cut down some of those forced passes that resulted in turnovers, and it would've been a perfect game. I honestly thought he could've just scored 40-50 points over 60% and shut the Cats down early. Didn't need to go 200% today though guarded by a rookie lightweight and an undersized Henderson since the Kidd was out. He got the W so that's all that matters. The real tests are coming up.

31 points on 93%, how dare he want to spread the wealth and get his teammates involved. He could have scored every ****ing time vs. those bum ass players being thrown at him.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    What a terrible goal to have. How dare they want to be efficient basketball players. ****ing pathetic!
    Um, is it true or not ?

I remember reading about it on ISH. Never said anything about their intent about it... only thing I find odd is speaking about it to the media.

Unlike some people, I watched the game (though I was reading and typing on the other screen) and I saw LBJ post up quite a few times.

Instead of taking contested jumpers or heat check threes, he was utilizing his size advantage (the Bobcats put a smaller, albeit quicker defender on him) on the block, and showed a couple of nice moves - very smooth and organic.

What a terrible goal to have. How dare they want to be efficient basketball players. ****ing pathetic!
    Constantly worrying about your FG% f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cks with your head though.

Samurai Swoosh

But I thought Lebron had no jumper and needed to just live in the paint?
    Read to me where I ever said that, kiddo. Bron has a respectable jumper, but yes he's better when attacking.

Look, take LePecker out of your mouths. You're all turning into little pauks. He did this against the Bobcats, and was visibly protecting his FG percentage.

I'm not hating on LeBron. Jesus, Kobe stans say I hate on Kobe, LeBron stans say I hate on LeBron.

I've banged the drum for both these guys when it's been DESERVED. I'm being objective. I'm neither a fanboy of either of these guys. They both have flaws in either their character, intangibles, or approach that bothers me down to my core.

LeBron and Wade have admitted of having a personal contest in regards to their field goal percentage. They have admitted to passing up shots to protect it, and regretting shots they did take in order to protect it.

That isn't basketball. That isn't keeping the win in mind. That's PERSONAL AGENDA. The same type that LeBron stans claim Kobe selfishly pursues at the expense of his teammates.

The only guy in this thread I respect who doesn't have his head up Bron's ass who can see things objectively is kuniva_daMIGHTY. Contrived field goal percentage protection is just as fake as Kobe passing up shots over Luke Ridinour in order to force and pad assist numbers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    Unlike some people, I watched the game (though I was reading and typing on the other screen) and I saw LBJ post up quite a few times.

Instead of taking contested jumpers or heat check threes, he was utilizing his size advantage (the Bobcats put a smaller, albeit quicker defender on him) on the block, and showed a couple of nice moves - very smooth and organic.
    This. OP is acting like the games are even comparable with kobe where he has multiple shots kobe should be taking and scoring under 15 points. LeBron was aggressive to the rim and I like that better than shooting multiple contested Js.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Read to me where I ever said that, kiddo. Bron has a respectable jumper, but yes he's better when attacking.

Look, take LePecker out of your mouths. You're all turning into little pauks. He did this against the Bobcats, and was visibly protecting his FG percentage.

I'm not hating on LeBron. Jesus, Kobe stans say I hate on Kobe, LeBron stans say I hate on LeBron.

I've banged the drum for both these guys when it's been DESERVED. I'm being objective. I'm neither a fanboy of either of these guys. They both have flaws in either their character, intangibles, or approach that bothers me down to my core.

LeBron and Wade have admitted of having a personal contest in regards to their field goal percentage. They have admitted to passing up shots to protect it, and regretting shots they did take in order to protect it.

That isn't basketball. That isn't keeping the win in mind. That's PERSONAL AGENDA. The same type that LeBron stans claim Kobe selfishly pursues at the expense of his teammates.

The only guy in this thread I respect who doesn't have his head up Bron's ass who can see things objectively is kuniva_daMIGHTY. Contrived field goal percentage protection is just as fake as Kobe passing up shots over Luke Ridinour in order to force and pad assist numbers.
    Lebron can do what ever the **** he wants with the ball because he's the best player in the world. Lets look at the facts. He scored 31 points, shot 93%, still got 8 assists, and the Heat won. Just respect the ****ing performance and shutup.

If that's the entire substance of your argument, then there's nothing to see here, except a classic poisoning in the well.

Please disperse, nothing to see here.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Tonight, LeBron shot a stunning 13-14 from the field.

But on closer inspection, he was deliberately passing up shots to maintain a field goal percentage. Thus, contrived. We all know of his "competition" w/ teammate Wade to see who has the best field goal percentage every game.

When a player is passing up quality shots in order to pad a field goal percentage, isn't that just as bad for a team as say the recent crucifixion of Kobe Bryant for ... basically being phony in recent games passing up shots to pad assist totals, at the expense of quality shots for himself.

It's the same forged agenda, just different purposes. But no one has a problem when LeBron does it.

Hmmm ... No one else takes issue with this contradiction? Or fan hypocritical behavior and reception of the performances?

No.

If Lebron ended up 8 for 9 on FG's for 16 points and 8 assists then we could talk.

But he ended up 13 for 14 for 31 points, with 8 assists and 8 rebounds. There is no way you could possibly hate on that...

Honestly, watching the Kobe and LeBron stans go at each other is like watching hardcore mainstream Fox News and MSNBC pundits at each other's necks. It's painful to see and both sides are so damn annoying.

Don't forget the 5 turnovers, he didn't even get an assist/turnover ratio of 2, that's not usual Lebron. The fact he gave up some open looks and forced passes is supported by the data at hand.

Though I don't get why it's an issue, this was a pointless regular season game vs the Bobcats, Lebron was just toying with them. In the playoffs he won't care about FG% and will make the best decision every time.

This was a lot more fun than OKC blowing a team out then sitting Durant/Westbrook in the 4th and hurting their stats. When everyone uses those numbers to criticise players, it's no wonder Lebron is stuffing that shit so no one can nitpick anything about his game. People forget these players are even better than their stats suggest.

OP makes a great point. Lebron is the biggest stat padding loser in the game. Its sickening to see how he plays the whole game looking at his fg%, he has said this himself. No wonder ppl praising him for these "accomplishments" are pre-teens who started watching the game 1 or 2 seasons ago and know nothing about greatness.

Disagreeing with this means you are 12 years old, and will get you negged.

5-time NBA All-Star

Tonight, LeBron shot a stunning 13-14 from the field.

But on closer inspection, he was deliberately passing up shots to maintain a field goal percentage. Thus, contrived. We all know of his "competition" w/ teammate Wade to see who has the best field goal percentage every game.

When a player is passing up quality shots in order to pad a field goal percentage, isn't that just as bad for a team as say the recent crucifixion of Kobe Bryant for ... basically being phony in recent games passing up shots to pad assist totals, at the expense of quality shots for himself.

It's the same forged agenda, just different purposes. But no one has a problem when LeBron does it.

Hmmm ... No one else takes issue with this contradiction? Or fan hypocritical behavior and reception of the performances?

You're looking at it from a negative standpoint.

On a team with two or more stars its best that they emphasize quality shots moreso than pushing the issue. You emphasize quality because you got quality players. If one player sacrifices forced shots, its better for the other two players as they are more aware of ball movement, with their patience and turning down dubious shots, it almost assures that another player will get a better shot. As a point guard you are told to take quality shots and limit the quantity. Traditional point guards Chris Paul and Deron William are good examples of this. Its a floor balance priority if you have three guys that can score. Its why Magic was one of the games best winners and is the games best team player.

Rose is the exception. He was on a team where guys could not create very well from themselves and his quantity of shots caused enough chaos to keep teams off balance, with hopes of others capitalizing off of it. Kyrie is in the same position. Floor balance is not the priority, but breaking the defense down is mandatory.

Kobe had created an imbalance by emphasizing quantity over quality. Both Gasol and DH felt left out. But look at what is happening now.

Lebron and Wade talked about it knowing that Durant and Westbrook don't have the maturity to pull it off, and with hopes they might do the copycat thing. They might take the bait but they aren't wise enough to do it effectively at this stage.