Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pelican trades

Default Re: Pelican trades

Quote Originally Posted by RealSkipBayless
    No because he looked like "he was hit by a truck" once the Pelicans were number one.

He knows he will never win anything nor get the attention he deserves.
    https://twitter.com/wrapitup_sports/...859697664?s=21

He

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Lakers in the driving seat:

4th pick, Lonzo, Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, Wagner

Knicks:

3rd pick, DSJ, Robinson, Knox, Mudiay, Trier

Celtics:

top 6 protected Memphis pick, Brown, Smart, Rozier (Tatum untouchable)

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Decent playground baller

During the trade deadline, everyone was sucking off Jayson Tatum and this "war chest" the Celtics apparently have and now it's the overrating of the Knicks with Kevin Knox

No one with a brain would want Dennis Smith, Jr, Kevin Knox aka the worst player in the NBA this season aka one of the worst rookies in recent memory, and Mitchell Robinson, who could be a DPOY one day, but hasn't shown anything else over 2019 #4 pick, future 1st round picks, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram and some other young pieces.

Knicks fans have been brainwashed like the Celtics fans have. I guess you're taking turns on the midnight meat train

The media has won again manipulating fans across the Internet overvaluing and overrating these pieces. No one was high on Kevin Knox until this bullshit with Zion to the Knicks and the "Knicks have 72 million dollars in cap space, which means we're getting KD and Kyrie or KD, AD and Kyrie."

This is why I can't wait until June 30. I am tired of the delusion. The Knicks will get Tobias Harris, Kemba Walker and/or Nikola Vucevic. The Celtics will lose Kyrie to the Nets or he goes to LA. Kawhi will go to the Lakers (the Clippers is a smokescreen). The Lakers will trade whatever they have to get AD.

Bump this thread in July, but this offseason is going to be super funny and a lot of people are going to be butt hurt.

Think about it. Why the **** would I be on the best team in the league, decide to leave in free agency and then I go to the worst team in the league because I want fans to think I'm the best player in the league and my rings aren't good enough? KD has nothing to prove to anybody.

The Knicks aren't getting any of these superstars. KD is not stupid. David Griffin isn't stupid, either. You have a disgruntled superstar who wants out and doesn't care who you drafted, so you get lucky and win the draft lottery. You get to draft the most hyped prospect since LeBron James and you have him under your control for 7 years. Why the **** would you trade him to the Knicks for Robinson, Smith, Knox?

These trades I've been seeing have been trash and make no sense. Zion is not being traded. AD is being traded and he's not going to the Knicks or the Celtics. If would be shocked if he isn't a Laker. This is not a Jimmy Butler situation where this drags out during training camp. AD will be on another team this summer. I hate to be wrong, but I don't see any other scenario.

I literally gave you a live reaction at the exact moment he heard the news and you link me a Rachel nichols clip who

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    You got a college player who doesn't want to be drafted by that team, and a star player who has vocally said he wants to be moved. You get in return a third and fourth plus good prospects. Can you think of anything better?
    Yes, have the Pelicans fill the roster with good supporting players for AD and Zion and let them win the chip. Since CLE didn't get Zion, it's the only sensible thing to do. No one good is going to LA to waste their career with LeBron. He already tried that shit and everyone pulled a bait and switch on him.

So Pelicans trade their two franchise players and get right back in the line to the lottery? Be realistic, they'd sit both for the season before making this trade.

They will play where the fvck they are told to play and they will like it. Sell some tickets, let the fans eat some hot dogs... it's all good.

Honestly, if they did have to trade Davis and Zion, the NBA should just move the team or fold the franchise. If players don't wanna play there, no draft pick or trade will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    If NO was willing to deal with the Lakers AD would already be there. They have a vendetta and won't be letting them have him.

The Knick trade idea might be fair for on-court value but Williamson is going to be a superstar in terms of fan support the minute they draft him, wil have a top-selling jersey and be one of the most marketable players in the game. For a team like NO that's huge. You will have to pry him ot of their cold dead fingers.
    lol. I knew this was bullshit the moment Demps was fired. As soon as Demps was fired, I knew he would be a Laker. But you were right... before the firing... there was no way he'd be a Laker.

Demps was a guy that let his ego and pride get in the way of making the correct business decision. Probably one of many reasons New Orleans was dog shit for so long.

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

Holiday - point, ball in hands
    Moore - good perimeter defender, already formidable backcourt
    Morris - 32mil over 2yrs - can patrol the perimeter. Will be trained on opposition's best player. A better fit with Zion than Randle.
    Zion - 3rd best player on a team with two AS.
    AD

bench...

Okafor
    Wood
    Budget swingman (McLemore, D.Miller, Chandler), contracted alternative is Williams, ideally... Bullock
    Budget PG (Burke, Bayless), contracted alternative is Jackson, ideally... Rivers

In an open competition - and with some degree of luck with health - that team could go far. Might have induced AD to stay.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    They offered the Pelicans everything and didn't even get a counter offer. They were never seriously engaged. They weren't even strung along. The 4th pick makes it a little better but they are still just outside Barrett/Morant/Williamson and now they have to worry about Ingram's health. LA isn't getting him.