Thread: Ni no Kuni

NBA lottery pick

Default Ni no Kuni

PS3's Ni no Kuni coming to North America early next year

During a Sony Computer Entertainment Asia press conference adjacent to TGS, Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino announced some very welcome news: the beautiful Studio Ghibli and Level-5 crossover for PS3, [COLOR=#0000ff]Ni no Kuni[/COLOR], will be released in North America.

And now we know what [COLOR=#0000ff]Level-5 International America[/COLOR] has been up to. The game is due in early 2012, so that studio must have been busy translating the adventures of Oliver and the lantern-nosed Shizuku in the magical, probably imaginary world of Ni no Kuni.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/16/ni...rly-next-year/

Trailer

For anyone not too familier with Studio Ghibli I really recommend you check out some of their films.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Ni no Kuni

Demo just came out on psn, gonna check it out.

I played the demo for this last night. It's a beautiful game.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    I played the demo for this last night. It's a beautiful game.
    Definitely. You go with the Japanese or English audio? I tried the dub when I played, seemed decent.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I've been looking forward to the English version for a while now.

The main thing I'm wondering about is the depth and difficulty of it. I'll wait for reviews on that to determine whether this is worth an immediate $60 purchase or wait a year or so for $29 or $39.

   

whoa, if this is anything like being in the middle of a miyazaki movie... whoa.

sad thing is, i have a DSXL, not a PS3, and it looks like they won't be doing the english version for DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    Definitely. You go with the Japanese or English audio? I tried the dub when I played, seemed decent.
    I went with the English. It was pretty good

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Bought this game over the weekend. (used from gamestop runs around 17 bucks)

so far, beautiful game. very pokemon esque. my all time favorite game is FFVII and i played a lot of pokemon on gameboy back in the day, so this game is right along those lines. Only about an hour+ into the game, and at this point its pretty simplistic. but it seems like itll increase in difficulty as it goes on. but like ive been saying, its definitely a very well done game.

I picked this up earlier this week after my buddy showed me a trailer. I'm absolutely hooked so far, and I'm generally not a big RPG guy.The storyline is great, but the music and cartoon-like video really make Ni No Kuni stand out among other JRPGs. I haven't gotten too far yet, I'm looking for the cat king's soulmate in Oliver's world.