Page 101 of 166 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2487

Default Re: ☆NBA FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Not sure where I said you said he was a great player. I am not directing this at you, just stating my opinion.

How does me saying I dont mind them trading a very inefficient MCW mean that I am ok with trading Noel or Embiid? I dont know enough about them to make that claim. What I do know is what MCW is. And that is a very inefficient pg. His inflated stats on this horrible team will dictate they need to overpay the guy.

Plain and simple, I dont think MCW is a very good pg. Decent stats but hurts the team in other ways so it diminishes those stats. AND they got the Lakers pick which will eventually be a good one. That is why I am OK with them dealing him. You are jumping to conclusions when you say I would be OK with them dealing NOel or Embiid. I never said that. I am talking about MCW and I think they didnt lose much dealing him esp with the good picks coming back. You are completely overrating him and staring at his stats.

To answer your question about the lottery. Why would I have a problem with a team rebuilding the way they are? The NBA allows it, so why be mad at them? Be mad at the NBA and their flawed lottery system.
    You mentioned "very inefficient" twice, huh.
    Attempts to points ratio, maybe.
    But how many PGs right now is averaging 7.4 assists, 6 rebs and 1 steal?
    yes, you mentioned empty or misleading stats but still, if his teammates sucked big time, how exactly can you pile up assists?
    Again, Im not saying he is a great player but come one man, how many picks do you really need?

Im angry at the Sixers bec they have found a loophole and they are really abusing it.
    Reminds me of that city treasurer here in Southern California who gave himself pay raises when no one bothered to make rules about it bec most Gov't workers before were patriots who love this country.
    While like 80% of the teams are spending atleast 55 mil, Sixers' payroll is 30 million. Never bothered to get good free agents or experienced coaching staff etc.
    Yes, the league should adjust and make better rules, but no system is perfect, just like the current playoff system where bad teams like the Nets get to the postseason.

If you dont agree with me, fine but the fact you need to point out I repeated inefficient twice doesnt make me want to debate with you any longer, dont appreciate the tone. My main reason for being OK with them dealing him is bc of his inefficiency.

The worst assist team in the league gets 20 apg. Just because they are a bad team does not mean a team does not get assists. So your "if his teammates suck how do you get assists" claim is pretty ridiculous. Every team has to get assists no matter how terrible your team is. And guess who gets them? The guy with the ball in their hands. You give him another playmaker and it will drop a lot.

My main point is that I think he was expendable. I feel a top lottery pick is certainly worth it for him. Look, I get your point. 76ers are piling up picks and hoping one of them sticks and its not the standard way of rebuilding. Taking tank to another level. If the 76ers decide to trade Noel, Embiid or any of their picks they get, sure I can on board with you. But if we are discussing MCW specifically, I am OK with dealing him.

shhhhhhh

If you dont agree with me, fine but the fact you need to point out I repeated inefficient twice doesnt make me want to debate with you any longer, dont appreciate the tone. My main reason for being OK with them dealing him is bc of his inefficiency.

The worst assist team in the league gets 20 apg. Just because they are a bad team does not mean a team does not get assists. So your "if his teammates suck how do you get assists" claim is pretty ridiculous. Every team has to get assists no matter how terrible your team is. And guess who gets them? The guy with the ball in their hands. You give him another playmaker and it will drop a lot.

My main point is that I think he was expendable. I feel a top lottery pick is certainly worth it for him. Look, I get your point. 76ers are piling up picks and hoping one of them sticks and its not the standard way of rebuilding. Taking tank to another level. If the 76ers decide to trade Noel, Embiid or any of their picks they get, sure I can on board with you. But if we are discussing MCW specifically, I am OK with dealing him.
    MCW is more/was than expendable.. he has value in that his contract is cheap, he's a good guy off the bench for an established team but for a team on a rebuild he's not a guy you're going to build around or make an integral part of the system as your foundation... role player material at this time..

that being said he was stuck in a bad situation in philly because he was not only starting but being asked to carry the load so I i don't hold his ups and downs against him but by the same token I'm not going to make him into something he's not just because he's the best ingredient in a sh*t sandwich...

NBA lottery pick

I'm not going to say MCW was or is going to be a beast or anything like that but he's more than just a role player. He's a starter in the NBA. I can't think of a rookie of the year award winner in the past decade (or even 20 years) that wasn't a solid starter. Even Mike Miller was a solid starter for many years. And I'd probably put him at the bottom of my list for ROY winners in the past 30 years.

Here is a article that sums up some of my thoughts on dealing MCW

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-...a-point-guards

When ranking pg's in this league, he is not very high. All teams who are competing wouldn't switch him into the lineup. He can however be a starter on a handful of teams, it's just those particular teams are just not good. So can he be a starter? Sure, but it appears for crap teams. He happens to play on a team that is in the playoffs but no way he would start over Brandon Knight if he was still there.

Last yrs rookie class was very weak, and i agree with the article, I would take Oladipo and Giannis over him already.

The stat 27.1% beyond 5 feet really sticks out to me as well.

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

Now that MCW is on a more competitive team with more talent around him his numbers will even out and we'll have a better idea of what type of player he is. He's been on such bad teams his numbers are probably inflated

Dude, I apologize for offending you. I really didn't mean to.
    I really think it's very hard to collect assists when you have very inferior teammates who can't shoot. It doesn't help at all when your GM keeps getting high picks and TWICE already selected playerS who can't even play and contribute for not even ONE second for the whole 82 game season.
    You mentioned you might get on board with my belief if they trade Noel and Embiid?
    Well, they have done it over and over.
    From Iggi, Meeks, Holiday, Hawes, Turner, Young and now MCW etc etc. Heck even stumbling on the greatness of Doug Collins who made it work, and yes, they parted a few years ago and who did they brought in? An inexperienced coach.
    Yes, MCW shoots a bad %, and yet he managed to score 15 pts/15 shots per game but Im really having a hard time finding much better players who has registered more than 7 assists and 6 rebs/ game.
    Let's agree to disagree on this one.

Here is a article that sums up some of my thoughts on dealing MCW

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-...a-point-guards

When ranking pg's in this league, he is not very high. All teams who are competing wouldn't switch him into the lineup. He can however be a starter on a handful of teams, it's just those particular teams are just not good. So can he be a starter? Sure, but it appears for crap teams. He happens to play on a team that is in the playoffs but no way he would start over Brandon Knight if he was still there. Last yrs rookie class was very weak, and i agree with the article, I would take Oladipo and Giannis over him already.

The stat 27.1% beyond 5 feet really sticks out to me as well.
    Ok then, for the sake of argument that you are right about MCW,
    How do you rank Brandon Knight then? The article said
    [QUOTE]16. Brandon Knight: It will be interesting to see how he plays in Phoenix. In Milwaukee, he was having an excellent season, and there was a case for him as a borderline All-Star. And he
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 03-02-2015 at 08:59 PM.

Cali Love

Rondo/Russell/Clarkson
    Russell/Clarkson
    Kobe/Young/Kelly
    Randle/Kelly
    Gasol/Davis/Black

if the FO could pull this off in the offseason I'd jizz my damn pants.

Rondo is not happy in Dallas and he's playing his worst basketball in years...but Kobe wants him and if you can get him for a relatively cheap contract you pull the trigger and hope he can get back to his Boston-form. 10-12mill/year? He can't be worth more than this at the moment with the way he's playing after his injury IMHO. If he asks for the max let him go somewhere else and maybe try to trade for Lawson who is an underrated Point in this L.

getting Marc might be difficult tho, he said he wanted to stay but I can see Memphis blowing it up after this season if they can't get to the finals. Throw the max at him and if he does decide to stay, go after a defensive big like Asik. Both players should be on our radar this summer.

Ed Davis is def a keeper...great rim protector and hustle guy who could blossom in to a DeAndre Jordan type of player with a good PG. He's not picking up his player option but did say he wants to come back next year so 6mill/2y type of deal should bring him back.

We'd still need another defensive forward if we want to contend next year and for the love of God do not pick up JHill's team option.

And last and not least tank hard so we can get the next great guard in Russell.

With Kobe's 25 mill coming off the books next year we can still be in the race for Durant next summer.

This is Jimbo's last year so he NEEDS to make it happen this summer.
    Last edited by brownmamba00; 03-04-2015 at 10:30 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Apparently the Lakers missed on Whiteside......
    Jason Lieser: Hassan Whiteside: "I worked out for the Lakers. I thought they could use me. I guess not." Twitter @PBPjasonlieser
    For a team that was tanking and signing guys to cheap contracts it seems like they would have given him a better look.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Apparently the Lakers missed on Whiteside......

For a team that was tanking and signing guys to cheap contracts it seems like they would have given him a better look.
    Interesting thought if they indeed signed him with that kind of impact, tons of rebs and blocks, would have been atleast 5 more wins, wins we can't afford.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    Rondo/Russell/Clarkson
    Russell/Clarkson
    Kobe/Young/Kelly
    Randle/Kelly
    Gasol/Davis/Black

if the FO could pull this off in the offseason I'd jizz my damn pants.

Rondo is not happy in Dallas and he's playing his worst basketball in years...but Kobe wants him and if you can get him for a relatively cheap contract you pull the trigger and hope he can get back to his Boston-form. 10-12mill/year? He can't be worth more than this at the moment with the way he's playing after his injury IMHO. If he asks for the max let him go somewhere else and maybe try to trade for Lawson who is an underrated Point in this L.

getting Marc might be difficult tho, he said he wanted to stay but I can see Memphis blowing it up after this season if they can't get to the finals. Throw the max at him and if he does decide to stay, go after a defensive big like Asik. Both players should be on our radar this summer.

Ed Davis is def a keeper...great rim protector and hustle guy who could blossom in to a DeAndre Jordan type of player with a good PG. He's not picking up his player option but did say he wants to come back next year so 6mill/2y type of deal should bring him back.

We'd still need another defensive forward if we want to contend next year and for the love of God do not pick up JHill's team option.

And last and not least tank hard so we can get the next great guard in Russell.

With Kobe's 25 mill coming off the books next year we can still be in the race for Durant next summer.

This is Jimbo's last year so he NEEDS to make it happen this summer.
    There's no way you can pay Gasol, Rondo and Ed Davis all the at the same time. No chance

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default 2015-2016 Depth Chart

Rondo/Clarkson/Lin
    Bryant/J. Brown/Ellington
    Young/Johnson
    Randle/Hill/Black
    M. Gasol/E. Davis/R. Sacre

I'm thinking no more Boozer or Kelly. The Price(Ronnie) is not right. And Nash is going to make a great assistant coach somewhere next year. We're gonna end the season strong so our draft pick is going to be worse than people expect. I'm making that a non-factor right now. Me might get Kevin Love next summer too. Kevin Love and Julius Randle will light some shit up.

Home of the 16

My first lottery team (top 5) experience. It's fascinating how things change over an offseason. Who knew the Hawks would be sitting at #1 for over 60 games now (I think)? It truly is a cycle, from being an elite team to a lottery team. I know that's a pretty common thing to happen to a team, but, I mean, it wasn't too long ago that these teams like: ORL, NY, DEN, UTA, NO & PHX weren't lottery teams, it was just 5 years ago for some....for me, it's mind boggling just how quickly things shifts just like that. And also all 5 are still nowhere close to a playoff team.

@dd, hadn't Brandon Jennings gotten injured, you think Detroit would make it to the playoffs? I really had high hopes for the Pistons after SVG waived J. Smith & things slowly turned around for them was interesting. & yes, if they made it to the playoffs, I'll be all over the streets rooting for that team. lol. I just love the creative process, the decisions they have to make in order to succeed. So, do both teams get a 70/30 in Josh Smith's pay? Or does it all come out of Detroit's payroll?

I heard Gilbert Arenas is still getting paid. lmfao

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA 2015 Post-season | Draft | Playoffs

Jennings was playing the best basketball of his career after Smith left. I do think the Pistons would have ended up with a 7 or 8 seed. The way the Pistons used Smith was more as a Point Forward so he had the ball in his hands a lot. Once that duty was solely Jennings he shined. I was actually very surprised. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the Jackson & Jennings thing. Who's the guy of the future. The thing with Reggie is he has no outside shot. So with Monroe and Drummond he didn't do well. Once Monroe got hurt it opened up the lane for Jackson and he's been better since he can take the ball to the hole more. I think the Pistons are paying all of Smiths contract except for what he signed with his new team for. Most of these things are spread over time so I wouldn't be surprised if they're paying him until 2020. It's not uncommon for athletes who get bought out to get paid for that many years.

I'd actually say New Orleans is pretty close. Davis is a beast. He's going to be one of the best in the game if not the best in the game in just a few years. He'll be a guy that could lead a team to a championship.