Page 89 of 166 FirstFirst ... 39798687888990919299139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2487
    NBA All-star

Default Re: NBA Trade/FA Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion

too bad we lost out Kendall Marshall to the Bucks.

we saw what he could do under D'Antoni. him under Byron Scott would have been great in terms of value per contract on both ends.

the biggest reason I think people wanting to get Bledsoe might be because of the possible lack of slashing ability by this squad due to an aging Kobe and no elite wing player.

But I would love to see what Randle could do before we really trying to jump to conclusion. Because while him developing into baby Z-bo, or someone with great post move WOULD be great/ideal. I'll take efficient buckets and defense all day even if it doesn't come from the post.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    too bad we lost out Kendall Marshall to the Bucks.

we saw what he could do under D'Antoni. him under Byron Scott would have been great in terms of value per contract on both ends.

the biggest reason I think people wanting to get Bledsoe might be because of the possible lack of slashing ability by this squad due to an aging Kobe and no elite wing player.

But I would love to see what Randle could do before we really trying to jump to conclusion. Because while him developing into baby Z-bo, or someone with great post move WOULD be great/ideal
    . I'll take efficient buckets and defense all day even if it doesn't come from the post.
    Lakers had a chance to keep Randle and offer huge bucks to Bledsoe but they didn't. Ofcourse they would have lost Swaggy, Lin and Hill in the process....By getting Lin tho, they atleast get a pick next summer.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    I don't really have any interest in Hollins. I wouldn't mind giving Beasley, Lee, & Hansbrough a shot though.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I don't really have any interest in Hollins. I wouldn't mind giving Beasley, Lee, & Hansbrough a shot though.
    Not a huge fan of Hollins either but the Lakers really need a back up center.
    But I will rather have Hansbrough tho, Psycho T that is, not his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Not a huge fan of Hollins either but the Lakers really need a back up center.
    But I will rather have Hansbrough tho, Psycho T that is, not his brother.
    Hollins is good only in "Hack-A-??" Situations. Dude is a walking foul.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Metta World Peace

He tweeted last night that he may have to leave China and go join the Lakers with Randle being out for the season. With our philosophy being that of playing "smashmouth basketball," who better than Metta to help us establish this identity.

It seems that Kobe wants to bring old school basketball back, and just beat the opposing teams down over the course of this season. I love it. I'm looking forward to Kobe and hopefully Metta getting in a lot of fights on the court this year and us just beating teams into submission.

NBA All-star

Default Re: Metta World Peace

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    He tweeted last night that he may have to leave China and go join the Lakers with Randle being out for the season. With our philosophy being that of playing "smashmouth basketball," who better than Metta to help us establish this identity.

It seems that Kobe wants to bring old school basketball back, and just beat the opposing teams down over the course of this season. I love it. I'm looking forward to Kobe and hopefully Metta getting in a lot of fights on the court this year and us just beating teams into submission.

talk about adding turn overs to the team

NBA lottery pick

I guess it would be a good way to continue to tank this season.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I guess it would be a good way to continue to tank this season.
    Kellerman suggested to rip it like a band aid as in cut Kobe lose.
    Let him join Carmelo, fish and Phil at NY in exchange for Amare(Expirer).
    My take, it's not a bad idea, start fresh and don't let Kobe suffer like this by letting him lose game after game after game. He comes to a very weak East, joins a dynamic scorer while using a system that maximized his abilities and let him win 5 rings.
    Lakers ensures getting that top 5 pick, hopefully getting a future pick, Shane Larkin and Tim Hardaway Jr and a huge cap room next summer.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

My take, it's not a bad idea, start fresh and don't let Kobe suffer like this by letting him lose game after game after game. He comes to a very weak East, joins a dynamic scorer while using a system that maximized his abilities and let him win 5 rings.
    Lakers ensures getting that top 5 pick, hopefully getting a future pick, Shane Larkin and Tim Hardaway Jr and a huge cap room next summer.
    Whether it's a good idea or not there's probably more chance of me becoming immortal , it's interesting indeed but no way it happens. That's I guess depending on if you were just using that as an interesting talking point or whether you think it could happen.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I've read those rumors too. I don't see it happening. There's nobody that would go to the games in LA without a star like Kobe there. The Lakers would lose too much money. Also, without Kobe I'm not sure they can sign someone next season. Not to mention there's not a great FA class anyhow. If the Lakers can land a top 5 pick this season it will be like they're adding two lottery picks. They'd have Randle coming back plus whoever they draft so that would be something to build around.

Default Ed Davis Hollinger Efficiency Ranking

Ed Davis 16th most efficiency player in the NBA thus far.

Jordan Hill is #22
    Kobe Bryant is #67
    Carlos Boozer is #219
    Jeremy Lin is #220
    Ronnie Price is #238

This is a pretty good offensive metric. With that said, I would hope to see Ed Davis in the starting lineup instead of Boozer. Going back to the preseason it was clear that Lin and Davis played well off each other. So, if we are going to start Lin we should have Davis out there with him. Otherwise, we should have Price starting so that we set a defensive tone from the outset.

Default Laker News: Lakers to work out Quincy Miller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lmm5eUqaPA

He looks like either the next Lamar Odom or a "poor man's" Kevin Durant. Either way, he has crazy potential. I'm pretty confident we're gonna sign him with the disabled player exception we just got. Will be a nice pickup for us.

Home of the 16

I really do think that we have to bring this thread up again. I don't care if I'll get in trouble for it. We need this badly.

Sorry.