Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Scottie Pippen: Underrated/Overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Wades a better shooter, free throw shooter, passer, blocker, post player, playmaker, slasher, more clutch, consistent and more efficient.

Its not particularly close. Wades better. Melo is better. Durant is better.
    You obviously dont watch basketball.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Plowking has said what I wanted. I guess you can say that Pippen is better than Kobe too. Kobe has only scoring over him. Dumb logic you have there.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

I've heard "NBA experts" saying "some people don't remember, but Pippen was the 2nd best player in the league for a few years when they were playing together". They referring to Jordan. Which is false.

Hes overrated. Particularly by NBA experts. Some of them talk as if he was a better player than Ewing, Clyde, Isiah, Barkley, etc.
    Pippen was a great player, no doubt, but people remember him as far better than what he actually was due to his achievements in a team. Certain posters act as if he'd be a guaranteed lock for top 5 player in the league right now for most of his career, when in reality he'd be a fringe top 10-15 guy, like he was back in his day.

post like this make me think he's underrated.

He was the most well rounded player in the L at the time and was vital to the Bulls 3 peating twice.

how many other people have put up number like this IN THE FINALS while only getting 16-17 shots per game.

91 finals: 21 9 7 2.5 on 45%

92 finals: 21 8 8 1.5 1 on 48%

93 finals: 21 9 8 2 1 on 45%

NBA rookie of the year

Wades a better shooter, free throw shooter, passer, blocker, post player, playmaker, slasher, more clutch, consistent and more efficient.

Agreed, save perhaps for Melo. The other two are clearly in a different league than Pippen. He has become extremely overrated by a small yet vocal contingent on this and other boards.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    post like this make me think he's underrated.

He was the most well rounded player in the L at the time and was vital to the Bulls 3 peating twice.

how many other people have put up number like this IN THE FINALS while only getting 16-17 shots per game.

91 finals: 21 9 7 2.5 on 45%

92 finals: 21 8 8 1.5 1 on 48%

93 finals: 21 9 8 2 1 on 45%
    As a comparison, Wade averaging 1 shot more, averaged 27/7/5 against the Mavericks shooting 55%. Along with 2 steals and 2 blocks a game.

You know Clyde averaged 26/8/6 in his first finals against Detroit right? On incredible 55% shooting. Clyde was a better player than Pippen. It was evident if you watched both at their peak. Go back and watch games from both.

Serious playground baller Jolokia's Avatar

Scottie Pippen became my favorite player during his Portland years so I've collected hundreds of his Chicago games on DVD and computer downloads.

Wade is the better mid range shooter, free throw shooter, blocker, play maker, slasher, and clutch player like plowking states.

Pippen is the better passer, man defender, ball thief, 3-point shooter (he shoots more), and rebounder though. And he stays on the court more for what it's worth.

And no Melo is not better than Pippen...at least he's not shown it yet. Durant is someone I'll have over him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolokia
    Scottie Pippen became my favorite player during his Portland years so I've collected hundreds of his Chicago games on DVD and computer downloads.

Wade is the better mid range shooter, free throw shooter, blocker, play maker, slasher, and clutch player like plowking states.

Pippen is the better passer, man defender, ball thief, 3-point shooter (he shoots more), and rebounder though. And he stays on the court more for what it's worth.

And no Melo is not better than Pippen...at least he's not shown it yet. Durant is someone I'll have over him though.
    I disagree with Wade being a better playmaker, midrange, and clutch player. Wade has failed far more than he succeeded. And in situations where his teams shoukdve won. And you can exclude 06. I feel he was aided drastically by the Refs. So in your opinion, hiw is Wade more clutch?

As a comparison, Wade averaging 1 shot more, averaged 27/7/5 against the Mavericks shooting 55%. Along with 2 steals and 2 blocks a game.

You know Clyde averaged 26/8/6 in his first finals against Detroit right? On incredible 55% shooting. Clyde was a better player than Pippen. It was evident if you watched both at their peak. Go back and watch games from both.
    Again, you dont know basketball. Are you taking into account what their role.was.ont the team? Or just looking at stats

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Is that exactly what I said? Or are you lying? It seems as if some of you morons get a rise out of exaggerating the truth. Then when confronted, run like a little scared bitch.

No one is running away from some f.aggot that posts on an internet forum

I think a little bit of both. The dude gets overlooked because he played with Jordan but at the same time, he was such a great player. Now, do I think he is good enough to STILL, today, be one of the top 50 players of all time? No. He is not a guy like Jordan, Shaq, LeBron, etc who could lead a team to the finals without another star. But he does get overlooked a lot and I feel his defense gets overlooked as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    No one is running away from some f.aggot that posts on an internet forum
    Great. Then please acknowledge what I said exactly.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I would take Pippen over Melo.

I've heard "NBA experts" saying "some people don't remember, but Pippen was the 2nd best player in the league for a few years when they were playing together". They referring to Jordan. Which is false.

Hes overrated. Particularly by NBA experts. Some of them talk as if he was a better player than Ewing, Clyde, Isiah, Barkley, etc.
    Pippen was a great player, no doubt, but people remember him as far better than what he actually was due to his achievements in a team. Certain posters act as if he'd be a guaranteed lock for top 5 player in the league right now for most of his career, when in reality he'd be a fringe top 10-15 guy, like he was back in his day.

Da Fuq?...

- and it's 100% true....Pippen had a 5 year stretch of top 2 - 3 player in the NBA...

from 92' - 96' he was always referred as 2nd best allaround player in the League....

- his 92' and 93' seasons were some of the best basketball ever by anyone....his perimeter defense alone was unlike anything I ever seen.

- I would say he is vastly Overrated .....since MJ is so popular, many overlook Pippen....True Fans of basketball that watched him play....understand how valuable he was.

Jordan = .417 winning % without Pippen. ( 5 sub .500 seasons) 1/3rd of his career.....that alone says it all. ( not saying MJ wasn't a great player...but Pippen provided all the help he needed to make the Bull's a championship team)

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    I think a little bit of both. The dude gets overlooked because he played with Jordan but at the same time, he was such a great player. Now, do I think he is good enough to STILL, today, be one of the top 50 players of all time? No. He is not a guy like Jordan, Shaq, LeBron, etc who could lead a team to the finals without another star. But he does get overlooked a lot and I feel his defense gets overlooked as well.
    Lol come on. Neither Jordan or Shaq were able to get to the Finals without another star. And when James went in 07, the East sucked. This is exactly my point. Why hold certain players to a standard others dont have to meet?

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984

- Lebron is the only one on that list that went to the Finals without another "star"....

- Pippen nearly went to the Finals with BJ Armstrong as a 2nd option.( no slight to BJ...he was an allstar ....but MJ and Shaq had great teammates who were HOF'ers