Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Default Re: Jeremy Lin talks about racism

Quote Originally Posted by b0bab0i
    Didn't watch youtube vid, but he led Palo Alto to a DII California State championship over Mater Dei and still didn't get any D1 Scholarships. If he was black, pretty sure he would've been given a scholarship.
    yeah, sorry.....he was talking about racism faced at Harvard when they played on the road ...signs....people using slurs,etc

Him not getting a d 1 scholarship isn't an example of racism...with his grades he could have enrolled and tried to walk on at Stanford, Vanderbilt,etc

former superbowl MVP Aaron Rogers walked on at Cal if I'm not mistaken because he got no major college offers.....so it's a reach to say that somehow Lin deserved a d-1 offer
    Last edited by get these NETS; 12-06-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    could he be like a cj Watson caliber player? yeah maybe.

But he should be judged on his contract. and relative to that he sucks. he's getting benched in favor of toney freaking douglas.
    To be fair, Douglas was having a helluva night, shooting wise and he ended up with, what, 22 points?

Asik was benched the entire 4th in that same game. Asik sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    This is just me assuming once again, being the only Nikon in the whole NBA and have a whole country on your shoulders can't be easy, especially when he isn't a fourth of the player he he was under Mike so I can understand the pressure part but if he has said people play harder just because he is a Nikon then that's just excuses for his bad play.
    What is a Nikon?

I guess my point was more that his "racism" faced is just inconvenience. I think a lot of what others faced is far more than inconvenience. And for that reason when i hear Lin and Racism i just think it's overblown.

When i used to play ball on the courts with the mostly black kids i took huge amounts of shit. That's just how it is. It never was something i'd describe as "Racism"

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    To be fair, Douglas was having a helluva night, shooting wise and he ended up with, what, 22 points?

Asik was benched the entire 4th in that same game. Asik sucks.
    thAt wAsn't the first time lin wAs benched for douglas. it's hAppened 3-4 times. this wAs the first time they reAlly benched asik and i think it wAs becAuse they didn't wAnt the lakers to respond to hAck-an-asik in response to hAck-a-dwight. also they didn't need asik's defense since they were fouling d12 anywAys.

thAt wAsn't the first time lin wAs benched for douglas. it's hAppened 3-4 times. this wAs the first time they reAlly benched asik and i think it wAs becAuse they didn't wAnt the lakers to respond to hAck-an-asik in response to hAck-a-dwight. also they didn't need asik's defense since they were fouling d12 anywAys.
    Lin wasn't benched because he was playing badly. I mean, he wasn't exactly a factor but he got into foul trouble early and then Douglas was hitting every shot he took so sampson left him in. Somewhat simliar situation with Asik and Smith, who ended up with 21 pts. I think he left them both in because of a previous game (can't quite remember which at the moment) where Houston's bench was playing well into the 4th and then sampson put starters back in and they ended up losing.

This is exactly why US Asian women don't date Asian men. Of course Lin could because of his money but it is this mentallity. They are "effeminate whiny babies." I put that in quotes because I have heard many Asian women describe them as such.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    Lin wasn't benched because he was playing badly. I mean, he wasn't exactly a factor but he got into foul trouble early and then Douglas was hitting every shot he took so sampson left him in. Somewhat simliar situation with Asik and Smith, who ended up with 21 pts. I think he left them both in because of a previous game (can't quite remember which at the moment) where Houston's bench was playing well into the 4th and then sampson put starters back in and they ended up losing.

4 points 3 assists 25% shooting in 20 mins is not bAd for a pg mAking over 8 mil per yeAr? you're linsAne.

This ***** can't even speak Chinese

Still a Lin fan though. Hope he lives up to the contract.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    This is exactly why US Asian women don't date Asian men. Of course Lin could because of his money but it is this mentallity. They are "effeminate whiny babies." I put that in quotes because I have heard many Asian women describe them as such.
    Lol wtf does this have to do with the vid? I suppose you didn't watch it. Pretty obvious he was being asked about his experiences with racism.

4 points 3 assists 25% shooting in 20 mins is not bAd for a pg mAking over 8 mil per yeAr? you're linsAne.
    We gonna act like he wasn't in foul trouble? Expecting to take a charge from Kobe was dumb tho.
    Is there something wrong with your "A" key or are you trying to send some subliminal message?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by shoops
    We gonna act like he wasn't in foul trouble? Expecting to take a charge from Kobe was dumb tho.
    Is there something wrong with your "A" key or are you trying to send some subliminal message?

foul trouble = his own fault.

plus i posted the amount of time he played so it doesn't mAtter. 4 points 3 assists on 2/8 shooting in 20 mins is abysmAl for a stArting pg.

And yes my A key is ****ed up.

College star

Jeremy Lin is Martin Luther King and Jackie Robinson rolled into one, for Asians.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Asians don't date each other in the US because they are followers who have no opinion and fail to think for themselves. They just go with the flow and do whatever is popular.

I didn't watch the video so someone post the cliffs of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
    Jeremy Lin is Martin Luther King and Jackie Robinson rolled into one, for Asians.
    I think Bruce Lee has that title.

I rule the local playground

Video was about his experiences with racism during college ball. Pretty sure the interview was from before the start of the season, so it's not related much at all to recent struggles.

The NBA is extremely racist against any player that isn't black. Anyone saying otherwise is either retarded, a certifiable nut, a liar, a racist, or most likely, is all of those things.