Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Wiggins = Next Jordan

Could Wiggens be the next respected face of the NBA since Jordan? Many have tried, only to have failed. Case in point:

Kobe - tried to mirror Jordan, but simply was never as good
    Duncan - too fundamental, should get more respect than he gets
    Bron - Had a good path, great athlete, but out of the equation because he's too disrespected because of the decision and combining with the 2nd best player at the time. Go wear a "check my stats" shirt or something. Have never seen such a great player so hated by the masses, but it is what it is.

With wiggins, there is hope.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: Wiggins = Next Jordan

He doesn't have the personality to. He's a lot closer to Durant and Duncan in that respect than say, Kobe or LeBron. He's not a robot like Derrick Rose, tho.

Local High School Star

Anybody who thinks Wiggins has the talent of guys like Jordan, Lebron, or peak T-Mac needs to watch more of him. We've all seen his HS mixtapes, but 90% of people haven't seen him play in an actual game from an NBA camera angle. Watch these videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9_Y7yAOruL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=t4aEFeHrjAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EPSITpi3mkE

His athleticism is just flat out not on the level of the all time great wing players. It's also unclear if he can shoot from deep, and he only shot 60% at the FT line as a HS senior. Nothing I've seen so far makes me think this guy is the next generational wing player.

Let the man play a college game before you peg him as the goat

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Could Wiggens be the next respected face of the NBA since Jordan? Many have tried, only to have failed. Case in point:

Bron - Had a good path, great athlete, but out of the equation because he's too disrespected because of the decision and combining with the 2nd best player at the time. Go wear a "check my stats" shirt or something. Have never seen such a great player so hated by the masses, but it is what it is.

Calls out bron for a nike made shirt but doesnt mention kobes rape case lol.

Quote Originally Posted by devin112
    Good point

He has the discipline and work ethic to be the greatest that's ever played. The NBA needs hope. He is it.

I was trying to be nice, but yes the rape case was pretty bad.

Local High School Star

He has the discipline and work ethic to be the greatest that's ever played. The NBA needs hope. He is it.
    The NBA is stacked with top tier talent right now. Don't know what the hell you're talking about. Lebron's in the middle of his prime and is going to finish as a top 5 player all time, we've got Durant, who's clearly a top 20 player all time talent wise, then you've got Wade, Westbrook, Dwight, Rose, Harden, Dwight, CP3, and Curry, older guys like Kobe and Duncan still playing at a very high level, and second tier stars like Parker, Kyrie Irving, Blake Griffin, Deron, Carmelo, etc. The NBA is in very good shape right now as far as high end talent goes.

As far as "discipline and work ethic to be the greatest that's ever played", sure. He might have that. The problem is that he doesn't have the talent to go along with the discipline and work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    The NBA is stacked with top tier talent right now. Don't know what the hell you're talking about. Lebron's in the middle of his prime and is going to finish as a top 5 player all time, we've got Durant, who's clearly a top 20 player all time talent wise, then you've got Wade, Westbrook, Dwight, Rose, Harden, Dwight, CP3, and Curry, older guys like Kobe and Duncan still playing at a very high level, and second tier stars like Parker, Kyrie Irving, Blake Griffin, Deron, Carmelo, etc. The NBA is in very good shape right now as far as high end talent goes.

As far as "discipline and work ethic to be the greatest that's ever played", sure. He might have that. The problem is that he doesn't have the talent to go along with the discipline and work ethic.
    Come again? You realize how many people stopped watching the NBA since Jordan stopped playing? You realize how much of the younger generation would rather watch Jordan tape than current NBA? Check the viewer ratings.

National High School Star

Viewer ratings mean nothing. This is the internet age. I watch games on league pass broadband, not on tv. Also, I do this from outside the US. Basketball is shown on 3 different channels in China. The amount of actual fans has increased since Jordan left. He made the game more popular, but technology has made the game more accessible. I am in Korea right now, and everytime I go play hoops everyone is always talking about the NBA.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Give me Jabari Parker

Local High School Star thabisyo's Avatar

I swear, when people go shitting on silly things about lebron, they forget that kobe was accused of rape. They will be shitting on Drose but forget the rape

Id rather have a robot like Drose or a shirt wearing lebron or egomaniac like jordan in my family than a rapist
    Last edited by thabisyo; 07-16-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Viewer ratings mean nothing. This is the internet age. I watch games on league pass broadband, not on tv. Also, I do this from outside the US. Basketball is shown on 3 different channels in China. The amount of actual fans has increased since Jordan left. He made the game more popular, but technology has made the game more accessible. I am in Korea right now, and everytime I go play hoops everyone is always talking about the NBA.
    That is not the case in the states. Courts out here are not filled up like they were in the 90's. You can partially blame technology for that.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Unhappy Re: Wiggins = Next Jordan

When has Duncan EVER been compared to Jordan??