Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Kobe suing his Mother

CAMDEN, N.J. -- Kobe Bryant is in a court battle to try to keep his mother from auctioning off mementos from his high school days in Pennsylvania and his early years with the Los Angeles Lakers.

A New Jersey auction house filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Camden on Thursday for the right to sell the stuff after the NBA star's lawyers wrote the firm telling it to cancel a planned June auction.

Bryant

The disagreement is a high-value, high-profile version of a question many families face: Can Mom get rid of the stuff a grown child left at home?

Pamela Bryant intends to sell: the NBA star's jerseys, practice gear and sweatsuits from Lower Merion High School; varsity letters; a trophy for being the outstanding player at the 1995 Adidas ABCD basketball camp; and a signed basketball from the 2000 NBA championship game.

And then there are rings, for the 1996 Pennsylvania high school championship, a pair that the Lakers made for Bryant's parents for the 2000 NBA championship and one from the 1998 NBA All-Star Game.

According to court filings, Pamela Bryant struck a deal in January with Goldin Auctions in Berlin, N.J., which earlier this year sold a rare Honus Wagner baseball card for a record $2.1 million.

She got $450,000 up front, which she intended to use for a new home in Nevada.

A source told ESPN that Kobe Bryant offered to pay his mother up $250,000 toward a home she wanted.
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...siness-auction

Default Re: Kobe suing his Mother

Damn... I have to take Kobe's side on this. Is she not financially stable right now?

Banned

damn this guy is always dealing with off court sh.it an still manages to be the best in the league.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Marshal mathersbe

What an asshole

NBA lottery pick

Sounds like MomBe is greedy. Kobe was going give her 250k towards a new house. However, she wanted more money.

Kobe should give her about 500k-900k to not sell the items and give them back to him. If she does not agree, I wouldnt' give her a dime ever again. You want your son or you want the money?

im sorry kobe, i never meant to make you cry.
    but tonight, im cleanin out your closet

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    What an asshole
    this

you're supposed to be a mother not a gold digging bitch, she wasn't with him shooting in the gym

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    What an asshole
    You'd think his mother would be called an asshole for auctioning off items that belonged to Kobe that probably have a lot of personal value to him... doesn't sound like a very nice thing to do.

Kobe makes one gazillion dollars a year and as far as I know has a good relationship with his parents. Sounds like complete BS to me.

Banned

That woman did not deserve to have Godbe inside of her. Especially for 9 glorious months.

NBA lottery pick

You

Seems like Kobe has some shitty parents. What kind of a mother would blackmail her son for money? What kind of parents don't assist his son's wedding because of his bride's race?

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Kobe makes one gazillion dollars a year and as far as I know has a good relationship with his parents. Sounds like complete BS to me.

Well apparently you don't know shit considering Kobe & his parents haven't been on good terms in YEARS.

I usually hit open layups

for kobe not to build his mom a house, must mean they arent close, for his mom to sell off his stuff, must confirm they arent close. I hope he sues and wins, gets his stuff back, and she has to give back 450k, most likely will be sued by the auction company.