Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Da Mavs

Default Re: Kings land Ike Diogu in the 3-team trade involving Bulls and Blazers

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Maybe. Not sure how it works. I think Portland is allowed to take in more money or something. We traded too much salary to the Knicks and we were able to spend 3 million to bring in Jones. So I don't think we are going to be able to buy Vince Carter off of New Jersey for 3 million.

I wish I understood the trade exception better. I'm going to go read the CBA.
    I think a trade exception means you can trade a guy worth say 10 mill and the exception for a guy worth 13 mill. It makes contracts match...acts as a filler i'm thinking.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Kings land Ike Diogu in the 3-team trade involving Bulls and Blazers

Maybe the Kings are hoping out of all the first-round selections in the post they've got under contract (Gooden, Hawes, Thompson, Diogu, Simmons) they'll get a star.

Kings making some puzzling moves, stocking up on mediocre young big men, plus Gooden and Moore. And absolutely squandering a valuable piece in Salmons. Considering all the young bigs they have to develop, I would bet money that the Kings draft Brandon Jennings if they don't get a top 5 pick, they need an injection of interesting.

BTW, what expirers do the Kings have? I'm just wondering how many of these bums they have locked up long term? Like, I seriously feel sorry for Kevin Martin, this team is going nowhere.
    Last edited by A.M.G.; 02-19-2009 at 12:07 AM.

Local High School Star

As a Raptors fan, this is what I remember Michael Ruffin for most:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNJXjJKbvdQ

Local High School Star John Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    As a Raptors fan, this is what I remember Michael Ruffin for most:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNJXjJKbvdQ
    that's sad

A trade exception means you can bring a player in and not have to trade one of your players for him.

Basicaly you can just buy a player from another team. In Portlands case they can spend 3m.

Portland was not going to sign Diogu anyway. So they turned nothing into something. smart move.

Default Re: Blazers To Acquire Ruffin For Diogu

Quote Originally Posted by Kumo
    Whats the point...?
    Just for laughs.

Default Re: Blazers To Acquire Ruffin For Diogu

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    Championship
    classic

Banned

This is going to look like a completely different Kings team by seasons end... and from the fans, management and owners perspective that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    Kings making some puzzling moves, stocking up on mediocre young big men, plus Gooden and Moore. And absolutely squandering a valuable piece in Salmons. Considering all the young bigs they have to develop, I would bet money that the Kings draft Brandon Jennings if they don't get a top 5 pick, they need an injection of interesting.

BTW, what expirers do the Kings have? I'm just wondering how many of these bums they have locked up long term? Like, I seriously feel sorry for Kevin Martin, this team is going nowhere.
    Pretty sure Bobby Jackson is the only noteworthy expirer they still have.

College superstar

Ike Diogu was supposed to be the future. what happened????

College superstar

michael ruffin is the stacy king of today's era.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Pretty sure Bobby Jackson is the only noteworthy expirer they still have.
    They might release him, so he can sign with some team on a playoff run.

He'd be great for the Hawks or Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    They might release him, so he can sign with some team on a playoff run.

He'd be great for the Hawks or Heat.
    He's not getting waived.