Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Lebronyte Kryptonite

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Derek Fisher and a first to Houston for Jordan Hill

As a longtime Laker fan, you still gotta have love for D. Fish. But, he's been getting blown by for the last few years now, and Lakers have long ignored the weakness they have at PG. Wish he could've stayed, on the bench as a third string PG at least for leadership purposes, if anything. But like the late great Robin Harris used to say "gotta go....gotta go."

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Derek Fisher and a first to Houston for Jordan Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    Lakers gave Dallas' 1st round pick and Houston gave their a 1st round pick to Lakers.
    I dont think Houston had given its first. Jordan was a better player in that deal and in between Houston's pick and Dallas pick, Houston's is a lower one.

Why would Houston give away the better player and a better pick?

The fact of the matter is, we should have seen this coming.

Jim Buss has proven already that he does not value loyalty at all. He has shown no loyalty when he fired all of those veteran laker workers when he took over and now getting rid of fisher to essentially save money.

Its sad but its fact.

Just wanted Fisher to retire as a Laker.

Hill is underrated though, could be a very good piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    I dont think Houston had given its first. Jordan was a better player in that deal and in between Houston's pick and Dallas pick, Houston's is a lower one.

Why would Houston give away the better player and a better pick?
    Don't doubt Mitch's wizardry.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Babalu
    The fact of the matter is, we should have seen this coming.

Jim Buss has proven already that he does not value loyalty at all. He has shown no loyalty when he fired all of those veteran laker workers when he took over and now getting rid of fisher to essentially save money.

Its sad but its fact.
    Again, when has Fisher shown loyalty to LA? He left in 2004 and he tried to leave in 2010 but LA was the only team that offered more than the vet minimum.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Don't doubt Mitch's wizardry.
    Or robbery?

Anyway this is not a great deal for the Lakers. They lost Dallas 1st round pick which might be around 15-20 in a loaded draft. Draft picks are important for them since they are over the cap for next 2-3 years

But they got away with a steal in Sessions trade. Maybe they cannot win everything

Magic Johnson

Damn. That's messed up. I hope Mitch did the right thing and called Fisher beforehand. This trade has "My name is Jim Buss and I'm showing who's the boss" all over it

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by taucesays

poor Fish. thought he would at least be allowed to retire as a Lakers.

if fisher truly would have made a stink about coming off the bench, then i can see why the lakers made this deal. otherwise is makes absolutely no sense to get rid of a veteran with more playoff experience than almost any other guy in the league

Jordan Hill is a bust and will never live up to his potential. Yall should have kept that 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    Lakers gave Dallas' 1st round pick and Houston gave their a 1st round pick to Lakers.
    Uh, no they didn't.