Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Brook Lopez named East All-Star replacement for injured Rajon Rondo

Brooklyn Nets center Brook Lopez has been named by NBA Commissioner David Stern to replace injured East All-Star Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics in the 2013 NBA All-Star Game in Houston. Lopez, who will make his first All-Star Game appearance, is averaging 18.6 points and 7.3 rebounds in 38 games for the Nets who stand in second place in the Atlantic Division with a 27-18 record.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=12247#ixzz2JUzfzbtb

Default Re: Brook Lopez named East All-Star replacement for injured Rajon Rondo

Very, very, very well deserved.

Good, deserved it

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    Very, very, very well deserved.
    Agreed.

Who should be next player to make it for the East if there's another injury?

How about on the West?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops

How about on the West?
    Jennings, but hopefully theres no more injuries

This is awesome! Brook Lopez playing PG is going to be hilarious.

Local High School Star

shouldn't be a replacement to begin with. But i guess this is better than not being in at all

I thought Deron would get in, but anyway its good to see another Nets player in it.

Good. Now people can STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops

How about on the West?
    Marc Gasol

This is the right move. The next guy should be Josh Smith...he's the most deserving guy and the biggest snub in years, last year. There are no other PF's on the squad, except for the two guys who are playing center this year (KG and Bosh).

In the West, Marc Gasol should be the next guy. He's better than Curry, he's more valuable to his team, his team has a better record with less depth and without the coach of the year (tho Hollins is quality). Stephen Curry is deserving tho and I'd like to see him in. Maybe two guys could drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    This is the right move. The next guy should be Josh Smith...he's the most deserving guy and the biggest snub in years, last year. There are no other PF's on the squad, except for the two guys who are playing center this year (KG and Bosh).

In the West, Marc Gasol should be the next guy. He's better than Curry, he's more valuable to his team, his team has a better record with less depth and without the coach of the year (tho Hollins is quality). Stephen Curry is deserving tho and I'd like to see him in. Maybe two guys could drop.
    I think Josh Smith is probably the next guy in line, but he's not a big a snub this season as he was last (which was awful, one of the worst I've seen).

Marc Gasol should make it (amazing defender and wonderful post playmaker...I'd like for him to rebound more, but with Zach Randolph playing alongside him it's not what his team needs), but I'm afraid that Curry will be the first injury replacement since his supporters have been much more vocal, and there seems to be more pressure to put him on the roster (not that I have a problem with him, but Marc Gasol is likely a top 10 player in the league this season).

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I think Josh Smith is probably the next guy in line, but he's not a big a snub this season as he was last (which was awful, one of the worst I've seen).

Marc Gasol should make it (amazing defender and wonderful post playmaker...I'd like for him to rebound more, but with Zach Randolph playing alongside him it's not what his team needs), but I'm afraid that Curry will be the first injury replacement since his supporters have been much more vocal, and there seems to be more pressure to put him on the roster (not that I have a problem with him, but Marc Gasol is likely a top 10 player in the league this season).

No, he needs to rebound more. They're not an especially good rebounding team. And it's not like Randolph gets 13 a game. That's the one thing Gasol has to do more of...more than being aggressive and getting that FG% back up, he needs to get more rebounds.

But as far as him making it over Curry, I get that and I don't mind too much...even tho it's stupid. Hopefully, two guys drop. Hopefully, Jamal Crawford doesn't make it before Gasol. The way I'm looking at it, maybe Paul drops and maybe Howard drops (tho I doubt that). And, really, I wanna see the Spurs drop. I could see Duncan wanting to be there one more time and I could see him not caring and Popovich wanting him to rest. I do hope he drops. If three drop, then I know Marc won't get snubbed. That's good enough for me.