Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default OKC's Starting Center

Some interesting tidbits...

- Averages 25.0 MPG

- Averages 5.7 RPG. OKC's starting PG averages 5.1 RPG.

- Averages 4.3 PPG

- Season high in points is 12

- Has only scored in double figures 3 times

- Has scored 0 points in seven games

- Has one 1-point game and three 2-point games

- In nearly 1/3rd of OKC's games he has scored 0-2 points

- Season high in rebounds is 11

- Has only grabbed double digit rebounds in 2 games

- Has 17 games of 1-5 rebounds

- Has 7 games of 1-3 rebounds

And I get it, there's a lot of teams that would kill to be in OKC's position. They have Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Martin, and a lockdown perimeter defender. And you know what? I could probably live with his night in and night out awfulness if I didn't know we didn't have three 1st round picks, Perry Jones, and Jeremy Lamb to package in a trade.

Default Re: OKC's Starting Center

but he's tough!

OKC has been the most stacked team in the NBA for 3 years running now...who gives a fukc about this blemish?

What upsets me most about the post is the last line. You guys have 2 young potential loaded rookies that you're forcing onto your bench just because you're too good already. That's so much of a waste. Like you said, trade them all and get a big man.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

We're not winning a ring if Presti continues to keep playing this ****ing scrub 25 minutes a game. How many more finals losses will it take till his fat ass is finally traded/amnestied? We have the pieces wasting away in the D league to make a trade.. ****ING DO IT ALREADY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    What upsets me most about the post is the last line. You guys have 2 young potential loaded rookies that you're forcing onto your bench just because you're too good already. That's so much of a waste. Like you said, trade them all and get a big man.
    I honestly wouldn't even care about Perkins if, like I said, we didn't have a ton of assets to package in a trade for a competent big man or to get some more bench scoring. I'd love for PJ3 and/or Lamb to get some PT instead of spending most of the year on the D-League team, but there's really just not any minutes for them right now. We can't really afford to experiment with rookies which could cost us a game or two, when HCA in the playoffs means so much. Maybe if the bench was deeper and had more scorers, but right now it's Martin, an excellent energy/glue guy in Collison, and then a second year project in Jackson, and Hasheem Thabeet.

But f***, we've got two rookies who probably half the teams in the league would love to have and develop in their rebuilding project AND three first round draft picks, one of which is a guaranteed lottery pick at some point.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

As long as we have Perkins starting, we're never gonna beat Miami, if we see them in the Finals again. Dead serious. Any team with effective P&R's will kill us. Perk's probably the worst P&R defender i've ever seen.

I knew he had some 0 point games, but I thought it was just two, or three tops. But seven? Seven games he's given us 0 points? So basically once ever five games we know we're going to get nada from Perkins in the scoring column.

he's just warming up. but in all seriousness.. why doesn't collison start. dude's got game

Whats the win percentage since he's got there though?

Oh yeah, thats what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I knew he had some 0 point games, but I thought it was just two, or three tops. But seven? Seven games he's given us 0 points? So basically once ever five games we know we're going to get nada from Perkins in the scoring column.
    Dude should seriously put all that weight back on. Actually, he should get to about 4-500 pounds and just sit in the paint, move a foot out every few seconds. At least he'd be a bigger body and would still have the same impact he has now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Dude should seriously put all that weight back on. Actually, he should get to about 4-500 pounds and just sit in the paint, move a foot out every few seconds. At least he'd be a bigger body and would still have the same impact he has now.
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by roffie
    he's just warming up. but in all seriousness.. why doesn't collison start. dude's got game
    Because if Collison started we'd have one of the worst benches in the league.

A second unit of Martin-Perkins-Thabeet-Jackson? God, please no.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Because if Collison started we'd have one of the worst benches in the league.

A second unit of Martin-Perkins-Thabeet-Jackson? God, please no.
    Lmao what a train wreck.

Seriously I've always had trust in Presti, but I have no ****ing idea what he's doing with this. We've got great trade assets wasting away in the D league and valuable picks just sitting there. We obviously have a huge chink in our armor at the C spot. Why not use these pieces to win us some titles? I cannot for the life of my understand what's taking so long..

Dunking on everybody in the park

Kendrick Perkins ‏@KendrickPerkins

Too all my haters , check my win percentage since I Been in Okc , Crazy