Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star

Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    It was a joke.

I'm confident that I've seen more Syracuse games than you this season and there's no way this guy should have been a top 5 pick. The cavs didn't even have him in for a workout.
    My apologies Insecure; I try not to be an ass on here.

Not true about SU. Been a fan since 1980 with guys like Eric Santifer, Leo Rautins, Sherm Douglas, Stevie Thompson, Rony Sikaly, Pearl Washington, Brandon Triche all the way up to current day. I watched them on ESPN in 1980 vs. Michigan in an NIT game. 30,000 + fans at the dome rocked; been hooked ever since. Don't miss a telecast.

Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

Technically if he makes it to the finals after 8 years in the league and has a perfect 6/6 with 6 FVMP he will be on par with Jordan as Jordan was perfect in all his finals appearances.

If Lebron has a perfect 6/........... oh wait......... no perfect for Bron as he is currently 1/3.

Lebron is out of the running for finals perfection. Uncle Drew at least has a shot.

Sorry Pauk.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Ignoring for a moment that everything I see of the guy makes me think of young Wade....so I have nothing against him or his potential....

Still I must say...

Just by hearing one of your often posted songs its clear you are at best 19. Whatever it is...it isnt old enough to remember 1984.

Banned

What's he supposed to say? "Nah, I ain't too good"?

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Ignoring for a moment that everything I see of the guy makes me think of young Wade....so I have nothing against him or his potential....

Still I must say...

Just by hearing one of your often posted songs its clear you are at best 19. Whatever it is...it isnt old enough to remember 1984.
    Jay-A is on the comeback!!

Just 1 Rational Fan lbj23clutch's Avatar

D-Wade 2.0

6'4 220 pounds and 4% body fat. Great athlete and he got a smooth jumper. Lookin forward to seeing a Kyrie+Waiters back court duo.

d-wait till he proves the haters wrong

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

yea if wade had a 20 inch vert

College superstar

I feel that waiters will have all of his layup attempts swatted away in nba competition.

Just 1 Rational Fan lbj23clutch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    I feel that waiters will have all of his layup attempts swatted away in nba competition.
    I doubt it. His best ability in his game is attacking the basket and finishing in traffic. Dude is a great athlete and his stocky build will definitely help him finish around the rim. Reminds me of Eric Gordon.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBfV68jgOnI

Now I'm not saying he's going to be a hit but if he is, the league better watch out!!! Unbelievable confidence. He's saying these things with a straight face, too. lol
    I don't know what your definition of a "straight face" is but that's actually the opposite of it. He was smirking and bouncing his eyebrows constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    It's 100% accurate to say this is a risky pick, but DWait was so highly rated by so many professionals - yet he's not the best guard on his team? What a crack up. 4 Time NBA Champion Byron Scott - who has also coached two franchises to NBA Finals, demanded that Chris Grant get this kid. College basektball Dan Dakich has been raving about him since the pick last night. Despite the fact that DWait was the highest rated basket attacker in the draft, the best one on one player in the draft, and the player "most likely to become a superstar", we have someone who says he wasn't the best guard on his team. Amazing if this fact was actually believed.
    do you have any sources/links for the bolded parts?

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    do you have any sources/links for the bolded parts?

there was a big windhorst write up where he spent his time at the 2012 draft in the cavs war room.

I think that article was one of many that reference Byron's love of waiters.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    yea if wade had a 20 inch vert

right so d-wait please prove to me you arent rodney stuckey 2.0

Rooting for him to make an impact, as the league is low on good SGs.
    He's high risk and high reward though. There's no doubt he can flat out score, but he could turn out to be one of those cocky shotjacking guards that either put up empty stats on a bad team or would be better suited off the bench on a good one. He seems to have a slightly more complete/polished game than that caricature of a modern SG, hence the Wade comparison, but still, it's tough to know what he'll specialize in against top competition.