Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Hate to say it ... Lebron is overrated

Im a Cleveland fan and I live in Cleveland but Lebron is overrated. The media was overhyping this guy from the beginning and he hasnt lived up to expectations. Hes a complete choke in the 4th quarter. His jump shot is terrible. All of his points are either dunks, layups, or foul shots. The Spurs forced him into shooting jumpers and look what happened. He chokes at the free throw line as well. I always hear about potential but potential and present-day skill are completely different. Hes good for dunking over ppl if thats what ppl call greatness. He had one good game against detroit and ppl bow down to him. What was his field goal percentage in the finals...20%?! If gibson was not on the team the cavs would have never won game 6 against detroit.
    Im not saying that hes a bad player and I still think hes a top 5 nba player right now. But nonetheless unless he develops and jump shot and becomes more clutch he will never be what ppl say he is. I do give him credit for making it to the finals w/ a fairly bad team but who did the cavs play...a depleted wizards team, an aging nets team, and the pistons who have lost their edge. Cleveland desperately needs a championship and I hope Lebron gets out of this funk hes in and becomes a winner.

Default Re: Hate to say it ... Lebron is overrated

Kid, How can you be a Cleveland fan if your name is D-wade?

National High School Star

Cleveland fan with Dwade username lol

lets wait for cannonball and lebron23... this is going to be fun

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease steadyfast96's Avatar

Oooh! a D-Wade fan calling Lebron overrated. Can't wait to hear the responses...

But yeah, personally I think this whole Lebron "Chosen 1" "King" or whatever is gone overboard.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d-wade2923
    Im a Cleveland fan and I live in Cleveland but Lebron is overrated.
    And yet you have D-Wade in your username.

whats wrong with having d-wade username...i do
    like d-wade better but im still a cleveland fan even tho it is prolly the worst sports city with 3 major teams

Lebron is not overrated... he is a beast... wade is the one who is overrated, but people on ish know that...

P.S. - Paul Pierce is underrated...

Im a Cleveland fan and I live in Cleveland but Lebron is overrated. The media was overhyping this guy from the beginning and he hasnt lived up to expectations. Hes a complete choke in the 4th quarter. His jump shot is terrible. All of his points are either dunks, layups, or foul shots. The Spurs forced him into shooting jumpers and look what happened. He chokes at the free throw line as well. I always hear about potential but potential and present-day skill are completely different. Hes good for dunking over ppl if thats what ppl call greatness. He had one good game against detroit and ppl bow down to him. What was his field goal percentage in the finals...20%?! If gibson was not on the team the cavs would have never won game 6 against detroit.
    Im not saying that hes a bad player and I still think hes a top 5 nba player right now. But nonetheless unless he develops and jump shot and becomes more clutch he will never be what ppl say he is. I do give him credit for making it to the finals w/ a fairly bad team but who did the cavs play...a depleted wizards team, an aging nets team, and the pistons who have lost their edge. Cleveland desperately needs a championship and I hope Lebron gets out of this funk hes in and becomes a winner.
    First off, LeBron is still 22 years old. Many 22 years old in the league just finished up their rookie season. He is still learning and growing. Everyone has to face adversity and hard times before the reach the mountaintop. It took Jordan many times before he was able to overcome the Pistons and get to the finals.

As for the level of competition, true the east sucks, but they still had to show up, execute, and make shots. Would they have made it to the finals if they were in the western conference? Hell no. HOwever, the real world isn't about hypotheticals. They played the hand that they were dealt, and did something that no other Cleveland team has ever done

Mars Blackmon Lives!

bron gets a lot of hype but he's almost a sure fire hall of famer too. he's one of the most uniquely gifted athletes i've ever seen with his combination of strength, speed, and coordination. he's a team-oriented guy who wants to make smart plays rather than forcing his own number which is what it takes to win - though you need the right system and the right chemistry for it to work. his defense has improved. he's what 22? imo it would take a lot of bad luck to keep this kid from spearheading a dynasty once cleveland puts all the pieces together.

Quote Originally Posted by dejordan
    bron gets a lot of hype but he's almost a sure fire hall of famer too. he's one of the most uniquely gifted athletes i've ever seen with his combination of strength, speed, and coordination. he's a team-oriented guy who wants to make smart plays rather than forcing his own number which is what it takes to win - though you need the right system and the right chemistry for it to work. his defense has improved. he's what 22? imo it would take a lot of bad luck to keep this kid from spearheading a dynasty once cleveland puts all the pieces together.
    lol cleveland has had plenty of bad luck...but i agree with everything u said except thats hes a sure hall of famer b/c like u said hes only 22

Aren't you the same person that said D-Wade is the entire Miami Heat team and that James Posey is a pure jumpshooter?

Lebron might be hype by ESPN and David Stern but he deserve the praise of his peers and other NBA Players, he is probably one of the top 3 best player in the NBA. It not only take guts, talents and athletism to make it in the NBA Finals and beating Detroit in 6 games but James show some heart and emotion by being unselfish to his teammates.

Lebron James scoring 29 out of his team 30 Points only prove that big time players step up on big time competition. If Lebron James choke in the 1st round of the playoffs, we can all say that he is an overrated player but coming up from HS he even exceed his expectation only on his 4th season and reaching the NBA Finals.

Just what Tim Duncan said Lebron will learn from his past mistake and he will be getting his championship rings once his team is well organize and the missing piece in the puzzle has been added.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Aren't you the same person that said D-Wade is the entire Miami Heat team and that James Posey is a pure jumpshooter?
    not the posey part.....arent u the one who said that gary payton is still great at driving to the basket...

not the posey part.....arent u the one who said that gary payton is still great at driving to the basket...
    No... you said he was useless and I said he wasn't.

Wow i wouldnt say Lebron is overrated at all...Dude is a beast, i dont like his game but I wouldnt say he is overrated..He is a top 5 player in the league at age 22...thats amazing

The only people who come close to overrating Lebron is ESPN... did any1 see Who's Now when Mike from Mike and Mike said... "we came up with the idea of Who's Now for Lebron James"