Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: should dwyane wades resurection/take over/heat streak cost lebron mvp?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    not even michael jordan managed 4 mvps in 5 years. and he had the best stats/per was considered the best player from 88-93 ( 6 years )
    Right, but again, who else has a case besides Lebron?

Banned

Default Re: should dwyane wades resurection/take over/heat streak cost lebron mvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Every legit MVP candidate this season plays on a great team. Not sure why Lebron would be the only one penalized for it.

theres a difference between great and unbeatable

if heat break that 33 game win streak... i dont think lebron should ever win another mvp... hes only averaging 26ppg... his rebounds and assists arnt much better than any other year

its just his fg% that people are saying hes having his best season for. and who wouldnt shoot a high fg% on a team that could win 60 games without its best player

theres a difference between great and unbeatable

if heat break that 33 game win streak... i dont think lebron should ever win another mvp... hes only averaging 26ppg... his rebounds and assists arnt much better than any other year

its just his fg% that people are saying hes having his best season for. and who wouldnt shoot a high fg% on a team that could win 60 games without its best player
    Your basing all this on the assumption that the Heat would still be great without Lebron and I'm just not seeing it.

He is the leading rebounder on a team that is already last in the league in rebounding, leads the team in scoring and assists, and leads the team in minutes. Without him, the Heat probably start a 34 year old Shane Battier at SF and Wade is forced to play more of a PG role with Chalmers playing off ball. I highly doubt they win 60 games w/o him.

Basically you are making no sense. He shouldn't win MVP because he made his team look too good?

Every legit MVP candidate this season plays on a great team. Not sure why Lebron would be the only one penalized for it.

Wade, Bosh>>>>>>>>>>Westbrook, Ibaka>>>>Duncan, Ginobli

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    Wade, Bosh>>>>>>>>>>Westbrook, Ibaka>>>>Duncan, Ginobli
    I agree with Bosh > Ibaka. Westbrook is clearly better than Wade. Better passer, defender, rebounder, scorer, and slasher. Westbrook has been much more consistent than Wade this season.

I agree that Jordan got snubbed a couple times for MVP, but that doesn't mean that it's ok to snub Lebron for MVP. He is the most valuable player in the league

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    I agree with Bosh > Ibaka. Westbrook is clearly better than Wade. Better passer, defender, rebounder, scorer, and slasher. Westbrook has been much more consistent than Wade this season.
    Is Bosh really better than Ibaka tho? Sure, he is a better scorer but Ibaka is much better on defense. They are prob pretty even as far as the value they bring to a team.

And Duncan > Bosh and Parker get to play for Pop who is infinitely better than Spoels.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Your basing all this on the assumption that the Heat would still be great without Lebron and I'm just not seeing it.

He is the leading rebounder on a team that is already last in the league in rebounding, leads the team in scoring and assists, and leads the team in minutes. Without him, the Heat probably start a 34 year old Shane Battier at SF and Wade is forced to play more of a PG role with Chalmers playing off ball. I highly doubt they win 60 games w/o him.

Basically you are making no sense. He shouldn't win MVP because he made his team look too good?
    This.. Plenty of years prime Wade lead heat were a 40 win team. I think without lebron Bosh averages 20 but they are 45-50 win team max.. Lebron is that good and does it all for Heat. Same reason Cavs were a top team as well. He is the straw that stirs drink.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

I've seen you say in the past that you don't care if LeBron gets the MVP because the award is already tarnished.

Why are you complaining now and saying that the award "will be" tarnished if he gets it?

Stop being such a flipflopper, kenneth.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Westbrook is nowhere near the level of D Wade right now, let alone any timed comparison at all. Are you ****in serious, a better scorer lmao, a better defender (this is easily the dumbest shit I have ever heard, D Wade is a all time great defensively), not a better passer at all, rebounding is close, Russ is one of the best, not a better scorer on any level at all, not a better slasher at all. *****, you gotta be shittin me???

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Right, but again, who else has a case besides Lebron?

how about a guy who doesnt have an mvp yet. and has a ton less help... and plays in a way tougher confrence. and is averaging way more points. and has to overcome a cancerous pg that shoots 40%fg's and takes more shots than him. and who lost their 3rd best player via salary dumping for garbage. and whos one of only a few guys in nba history to have a 50/40/90% season ( which is nearly impossible to have if you're leading the nba in scoring.. has it even happend before? )

?
    Last edited by kennethgriffin; 03-16-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Serious playground baller Nezty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    This.. Plenty of years prime Wade lead heat were a 40 win team. I think without lebron Bosh averages 20 but they are 45-50 win team max.. Lebron is that good and does it all for Heat. Same reason Cavs were a top team as well. He is the straw that stirs drink.

How you gonna compare those shit Heat teams to the one they have now? Without Lebron this Heat team is just as good. They have great role players and would have Wade and Bosh with bigger roles.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    I've seen you say in the past that you don't care if LeBron gets the MVP because the award is already tarnished.

Why are you complaining now and saying that the award "will be" tarnished if he gets it?

Stop being such a flipflopper, kenneth.
    i never said i didn't care about lebron winning it. i said the value of the award has been ruined

i still wanna see the award be consistent with past voting... so the all time comparisons cant be used against anyone. since for some eras the mvp wasnt about the best player or best stats. and in other eras it is..

Wishful thinking thread...

College star

how about a guy who doesnt have an mvp yet. and has a ton less help... and plays in a way tougher confrence. and is averaging way more points. and has to overcome a cancerous pg that shoots 40%fg's and takes more shots than him. and who lost their 3rd best player via salary dumping for garbage. and whos one of only a few guys in nba history to have a 50/40/90% season in nba history ( which is nearly impossible to have if you're leading the nba in scoring.. has it even happend before? )

?
    you mean the guy who has lost to lebron 6 games in a row? whose numbers are ridiculously inflated cause of the cheap touch whistles he gets? The guy who has great numbers but those numbers don't indicate how little impact he has on the games from the thunder games I've seen this season and last.

Durant lost his chance to win the MVP after he got destroyed by lebron in one of the most rigged games of the decade where the refs tried to bring the thunder back as hard as possible in OKC