Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Why isn't Paul George > Tracy Mcgrady yet according to some posters?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Hey remember last season when I said he wasn't getting too much hate and that you and I are just more sensitive to it? I take it all back and you were 100% correct my man. Good lord you were right.
    Yeah, I remember that unfortunately...I wished it weren't true..

Default Re: Why isn't Paul George > Tracy Mcgrady yet according to some posters?

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Yeah, I remember that unfortunately...I wished it weren't true..
    Let them tell it PG flat out sucks. Why on earth would anybody compare PG to Tmac right now is beyond me. Then the crap going against LBJ. I mean, what player is not gonna struggle against that guy? He does sooooooo much more than score points. It takes a fan of basketball to fully grasp that it's more to the game than just that though. He's gonna be great one day.

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    Paul George led a team to the eastern conference finals and playing well vs the Miami Heat which is suppossedly the most stacked team in recent history.

Vs

Tmac who never led his team past first round. Only had the 13 points in 35 seconds miracle.

Of course Tmac was undisputedly the much better scorer but George is the defensive version of Tmac with actual playoff success!

Really?
    This CANT be a serious question.
    Anybody that ranks or says PG is better than McGrady or even close to him doesnt know a damn thing about the NBA or Basketball.

And really youre going to say PG was the reason they got to CF,and not Roy Hibbert,come on.

PG has done NOTHING yet.Hes had a good showing these playoffs,but rs,career span nothing.
    Everybody wants to overrate rookies or people who have one good showing.
    The current events get overrated while the past is overlooked ,case in pt Dirk at 2011,LeBron and 2011 Finals,Wades whole career getting overlooked,

People have a What have you done for me lately mindset,and whatevers fresh in their minds is wht stick and gets blown up.
    Even then pG hasnt even come close to T-MAC.
    And equating team success to individual talent,com on.

Karl Malone was better than Dirk.Wilt Chamberlain was better than Bill Russell.Stockton is better than Tony Parker.
    Team Success plays a part in ranks,but when its nowhere close individually,come on.
    Its like saying Ibaka is better thAn Carmelo bc he got to the Finals,come on.

Dunking on everybody in the park alexd's Avatar

LMAO. i dont understand ISHers . Iverson also averaged those Mcgrady-like numbers and actually lead a team of scrubs to the NBA finals vs Prime Shaq and Kobe but his heavily criticized as a bad player.

vs Mcgrady who had never got pass the first round (On his own) and is treated like a god (Someone said he was better than Kobe)
    Iverson had a team that suited him.Don t compare Philly to Orlando.And when TMAC when to Houston he had to play against Spurs,Lakers,Utah etc which wasn t an easy task
    I still can t believe how dafaq they lost to Utah though
    George is getting waaaay overrated if you seriously think he s on the same lvl as Mcgrady.He may touch that level one day(offensively no way but as a player perhaps)but no way he s on that level
    Playoffs its all about matchups.Not which team is better overall and Tmac had bad matchups and was leading a team that him or Yao were always injured and had Alston as a starting pg
    Tmac was perhaps the greatest talent in the last 15 years along with Lebron.Not player but talent

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Paul George is so overrated. Hibbert was easily the best player for Indy not PG.

College superstar

Prime Tmac elevated his play in the playoffs. He should not fully shoulder the blame for not making it past the first round during that time.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Paul George is so overrated. Hibbert was easily the best player for Indy not PG.
    Indy was like a lesser version of the Billups/Rip/Prince/Sheed/Wallace Pistons. Solid players all around with great defense.

Doesn't matter, according to ish, Hibbert and PG are both overrated pieces of sh*t....even though both have improved every year, both have great work ethics, both are great team players, both are great in the community, both do much more than they are given credit for, especially Hibbert. He's a pretty skilled dude, he can pass and shoot out to 15 feet, good free throw shooter, good with either hand, hits his hook shots a higher clip than his shots at the rim. PG is a good rebounder, becoming a better passer, is a good shooter. Most people are just sheep...Probably half the people calling them overrated, I bet haven't even seen half of their games. They just jump on the ish bandwagon, just like all the Lebron hate even though he's easily the best player in the world....

Somebody thats overrated? CARMELO ANTHONY. The guy doesn't nothing but shoot and doesn't even shoot it with good efficiency and has not gotten better at ALL in years. He's been the same player since he was in Denver. Doesn't have as much impact on his team's success as he should. Hell, he was more of an all around player in college. And I don't even hate the guy but he's the definition of overrated.

Doesn't matter, according to ish, Hibbert and PG are both overrated pieces of sh*t....even though both have improved every year, both have great work ethics, both are great team players, both are great in the community, both do much more than they are given credit for, especially Hibbert. He's a pretty skilled dude, he can pass and shoot out to 15 feet, good free throw shooter, good with either hand, hits his hook shots a higher clip than his shots at the rim. PG is a good rebounder, becoming a better passer, is a good shooter. Most people are just sheep...Probably half the people calling them overrated, I bet haven't even seen half of their games. They just jump on the ish bandwagon, just like all the Lebron hate even though he's easily the best player in the world....

Somebody thats overrated? CARMELO ANTHONY. The guy doesn't nothing but shoot and doesn't even shoot it with good efficiency and has not gotten better at ALL in years. He's been the same player since he was in Denver. Doesn't have as much impact on his team's success as he should. Hell, he was more of an all around player in college. And I don't even hate the guy but he's the definition of overrated.

You nailed it bro.

Love Live Life

I'll give you props for this even though you talked about Melo but it was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall

I'll give you props for this even though you talked about Melo but it was spot on.
    Thx bro and don't get me wrong. I do enjoy watching Melo play. I really do. But it irks me that he is not more of a team player because I know he has the potential to be like he showed at Syracuse. And I know he has the potential to be a better defender, but he'd rather use all his energy on offense. Thats what irks me about him. Then people want to act like somebody shot the president when you say he's not top whatever. There are not a lot of one dimensional players who are top anything. Even Durant has improved as a player in the time he's been in the league. He's improved his ball handling and his defense and his ability to take it strong to the basket and finish. Its like, what has Melo improved upon that he was not already good at?

I hear people like Dr. Ice shit on Hibbert in any thread his name is brought up in like he has something personal against the guy and it gets annoying. Neither of these players have the bad attitudes that warrant some of the harsh words that are said about them. If people want to dissect their games and explain why they think they may be overrated, thats fine. But the way people have been talking about these 2 lately, you would think they were biggest a-holes in the NBA.

I usually hit open layups

Paul George led a team to the eastern conference finals and playing well vs the Miami Heat which is suppossedly the most stacked team in recent history.

Vs

Tmac who never led his team past first round. Only had the 13 points in 35 seconds miracle.

Of course Tmac was undisputedly the much better scorer but George is the defensive version of Tmac with actual playoff success!
    It's a team game.
    TMac was insanely good before his career was derailed.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    Yeah, he's already been out of the 1st round and he doesn't have a gypsy curse on him.
    Dat racism.

Dunking on everybody in the park alexd's Avatar

If you say that George right now is at the level of prime Tmac then yeah he s overrated.He s young and has the potenional to reach that status but not yet.He has a good work ethic,athletic,good defender and above all willing to defend
    BUT you can t say that he s a superstar.At least not yet.
    Right now for me he s an allstar level.He needs to become more consistent with his game and grow as a player
    Is he
    as good/important as Lebron?no
    as good/important as durant?no
    as good/important as cp3?no
    But he can get there
    Carmelo i agree he s overrated.He s one of my favorite players.People tend to overrate him because he can score in many and different ways and he has an amazing shot release.His whole game is pleasing to the eye and most people tend to see and remember only the offense.He s a very good player but not a great one.For me Carmelo needs another superstar ala Lebron or Shaq.Dominate guy that let him play iso.When he plays with USA he s incredible because all he has to do is catch and shoot and he s deadly with that

Quote Originally Posted by alexd
    If you say that George right now is at the level of prime Tmac then yeah he s overrated.He s young and has the potenional to reach that status but not yet.He has a good work ethic,athletic,good defender and above all willing to defend
    BUT you can t say that he s a superstar.At least not yet.
    Right now for me he s an allstar level.He needs to become more consistent with his game and grow as a player
    Is he
    as good/important as Lebron?no
    as good/important as durant?no
    as good/important as cp3?no
    But he can get there
    Carmelo i agree he s overrated.He s one of my favorite players.People tend to overrate him because he can score in many and different ways and he has an amazing shot release.His whole game is pleasing to the eye and most people tend to see and remember only the offense.He s a very good player but not a great one.For me Carmelo needs another superstar ala Lebron or Shaq.Dominate guy that let him play iso.When he plays with USA he s incredible because all he has to do is catch and shoot and he s deadly with that
    I agree with pretty much everything you said. I'm just speaking on all the really negative stuff I've seen posted about PG and Hibbert. It just seems uncalled for.